As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mario Kart 8: Animal Crossing DLC April 23rd, with 200cc coming for free!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Once again I don't think I'm going to make it tonight. I just can't get off work and home in time.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular

Oh god the Olimar amiibo gives you a racing helmet with a little Pikmin holding on.

• Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    cravipat wrote: »
    Wednesday is for Mario Kart. I hope to see everyone out there tonight. I've got a special treat setup that will work best with more people. I don't want to reveal the details but here is the code (same as the old code if you've join in the past)

7361-4828-4040

No weird restrictions. You can use whatever setup and control scheme you want. I'll probably only do this once so if it turns out horrible we can never speak of it again.

You have 30 minutes before the bob-ombs start dropping. Prepare for battle.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    LOLVILLAGER Yea, ok.

Otherwise, I can't wait. I've been saying this for months that they need to just crank out costumes. Make me give a shit about amiibo. Now I can use my Toad, Bowser, and Rosalina figures.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Some of their costumes choices remain weird. Why would I want a costume of Wario when I can just play as Wario?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Split lobby or just us three?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2015
    200cc? The weapons were bad enough in 150cc. Does the 200cc controlled computer just cap you in the head right at the starting line?
    It's like Super Mario Kart where your rival always has a specific item and they rubberband more than an Alliance factory.

And rival is always Mario.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    I hope the new Villager utility means they'll make some more of him.

Oh my god, 200CC looks so fast. It's practically F-Zero mode

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Ooh, neat of them to have a different audio track for each of the seasons in the Animal Crossing track. Gonna be exciting times awaiting past April 23rd. On a related note, we'd better not have a 200cc DLC-only tournament for that week's Sunday Drivers. I think that'd be too much crazy, don't you think?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    I hope the new Villager utility means they'll make some more of him.

Oh my god, 200CC looks so fast. It's practically F-Zero mode

Mute City will seem much more authentic!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Ooh, neat of them to have a different audio track for each of the seasons in the Animal Crossing track. Gonna be exciting times awaiting past April 23rd. On a related note, we'd better not have a 200cc DLC-only tournament for that week's Sunday Drivers. I think that'd be too much crazy, don't you think?

No we won't be doing that. The week after though, who knows?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    That was interesting and horribly embarrassing. Three was still fun but battle mode doesn't work with just two people. I barely managed to beat TJ who only played for 6 rounds. Back to racing next week.

36haXAY.jpg

• Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    When I'm on my deathbed and going over the regrets of my life, tonight's tournament is going to be the first thing that pops into my head.

Here's a replay of stuff blowing up. And also cows. They didn't blow up though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhxz5l1z-2o

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »

No we won't be doing that. The week after though, who knows?

150cc DLC Only on April 26th, then 200cc Normal Items on May 3, I suppose? That seems good to me as a suggestion.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Sorry I wasn't able to participate tonight.

By the time I finally got off work the tournament would have been over for awhile. Then again, since it was battle mode, maybe the overtime was better. :P

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to have to try battle mode again at some point. Despite my post last night, I did get some amusement out of the experience. If there were a decent sized group, I might even have fun. In short sessions anyway.

I know I'm not exactly breaking new ground with this next line of thought, but it's too bad that there aren't any dedicated battle courses. I remember spending a bunch of time with them in the N64 version.

• Options
    CGH wrote: »
    Here's a replay of stuff blowing up. And also cows. They didn't blow up though.
    I expected this video to be just me getting hit over and over. I wasn't doing too bad early on.
    CGH wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to try battle mode again at some point. Despite my post last night, I did get some amusement out of the experience. If there were a decent sized group, I might even have fun. In short sessions anyway.
    Playing battle mode locally is no fun. You are forced onto teams, the AI fills out the roster and only the gamepad player has the map to help track people down.

Back when I was playing online almost every night I gave battle a try to see if it was any better against people and it was surprisingly not that bad. There were only 5 or 6 people but the rounds start by pairing people off so they would start facing each other with the item boxes between them so you were never too far from the other player. Plus with the map you can spot any people that tried to run off and hide and hunt them down.

If we ever try it again I'd probably make sure people are going to showing up, drop it to maybe 8 rounds, and switch to a different item scheme. I don't know that a different item scheme would have helped with only two people other than my tactic would have changed to grabbing items until I got a red shell.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    Sorry I didn't make it last night. I totally forgot.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    SilentRoughWaterSilentRoughWater Registered User regular
    I'd be up for more battle tourneys, but it would definitely be better with at least 5 players. My wife was going to join in last night but we had weird problems again.

sig.php?user=BrokenBrik

Wii U NNID: TJandSam Steam: BrokenBrik
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    150cc and 200cc comparison

There's no going back.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    I really should play and practice more. But jeez, there are a bunch of tracks and turns I can't even do at 150cc. Like that fucking first corner on Rainbow Road. On a bike. Just... how?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    The first and last turn of the new rainbow road are hard on the sport bike. On 200cc, those turns might be first time in my mario kart career where I'll have to use the brake.

• Options
    Oh right, I laughed at that line in the Direct.

"For this mode, you'll need superb braking skills!"

...There's a brake button?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I know the guy who did the voice-over work for the MK8 part of the video. Cool!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    I still have a really hard time not hitting walls in Dragon Driftway and Hyrule Circuit on a sports bike on 150cc. 200cc is gonna be painful...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So 200cc is everyone is riding an indycar?! Thats awesome.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Some of their costumes choices remain weird. Why would I want a costume of Wario when I can just play as Wario?

Well, it's less a costume of Wario than it is a Wario-inspired costume.

Think of it as dressing as Wario's biggest fan so that maybe he'll be distracted enough to not hit you with a shell.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    But, Wario is Wario's biggest fan...

200cc is neat, or at least, it sounds neat til I wind up with my heart exploded in frustration.
    Should be fun.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The extra speed I'm good with, but is this going to ramp up the BS-blue-shell-halfway-through-the-last-lap factor as well?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    What I'm really interested in is all the new shortcuts the increased speed is gonna open up. The trailer already showed a couple of them, but I'm sure people will find more.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    200cc is gonna be crazy go nuts. But the footage is really making me want F-Zero UX.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I hit walls and fall off enough in 150cc. 200cc is going insane.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Damn...looks like I'll have to dust off my Wii U.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

Yeah I really need to dust my room too.

I'm such a slob.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmJJ94x2e8U

Well, our 200cc tournaments are definitely gonna be a lot shorter.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Yeah I really need to dust my room too.

I'm such a slob.

Dust is important in knowing where to put stuff back.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    They should add 25cc, senior citizens mode.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    They should add 25cc, senior citizens mode.

Coconut Mall at 25cc would just be the first Tuesday of every month here.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I was actually going to suggest a facetious 50cc night before or after the 200cc one, just to screw with everyone.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    I was actually going to suggest a facetious 50cc night before or after the 200cc one, just to screw with everyone.

Three weeks of 200cc then 50cc. Not only will people be falling off the track from trying the shortcuts they will learn on 200cc but the races will feel like they take forever.

This discussion has been closed.