As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD HAS BEEN KRISPIED!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    WCS NA qualifier starting soon

Amaz vs Firebat up first!

Amaz nooooooo!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Snipe. Not Misdirection.

I really do not get why everyone is splooging over egg.

Just don't go T2 Snipe now.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    egg is pretty good vs any trap other than freezing

815165 on
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So today I've been making up a google spreadsheet to keep track of my decks so I don't have to keep hunting for old screenshots when I want to use an old deck again.

I've got it set-up so that I have a folder for each of the classes, and a spreadsheet for each deck, then I use individual sheets within that spreadsheet to keep track of the deck changes over time.

Here's a link to the google spreadsheet if any of you want to use it:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tcr7DGB7nOyY1pDswzBMQSnXdZ93LvuJ1_2CiNE8dzU/edit?usp=sharing

Just go File -> Make a copy to get a copy on to your google drive.

To use: put in the cards for the deck: Quantity, Mana cost, Name, Type (Spell, Weapon or Minion) and Rarity (Soulbound, Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary and Naxxramas).

The sheet should take care of the rest.

Someone's probably done this before, but I wanted to make my own.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    If you define fun by retrying something until you get lucky, sure. Mage challenge seems similar, hand filled with a bunch of useless synergistic shit, except I didn't pull any synergies.

I had so much fun playing that challenge I must have replayed it by 10 times now.

I have only lost once in all those attempts. Yes, there's an element of RNG to what cards you get, but it shouldn't really matter. Unless it really screws you over and you just get a hand full of Angry Chickens.

My first 4 or 5 tries, I was up against some silly 3 (or more? don't remember) health defender by turn 2 or 3, and all of my random beasts were 6+ mana.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I really do not get why everyone is splooging over egg.
    If your opponent silences it, that's one silence they won't use on a more important creature.
    If you run it in aggro decks like Zoo, it means that board clearing abilities like Holy Nova become less appealing.
    There are plenty of ways to activate it and get value.

It's like a more versatile ancient watcher basically.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    It's really not, but that is why I'm happy to see people play it against me in freakin' everything.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Welllll... Duplicate + Sunwalker is an annoying combo.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Loatheb is pretty cool

Watching you opponent cast a 7 mana Wrath and lose on his next turn anyway is even more cool

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Loatheb is having a ton of presence in the NA qualifiers. Very disruptive especially for the person who is behind

Also, people are actually using Naxx cards! Unstable Ghoul!

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Loatheb is having a ton of presence in the NA qualifiers. Very disruptive especially for the person who is behind

Also, people are actually using Naxx cards! Unstable Ghoul!

I know! The 1/2 spider saw a lot of action earlier, and that Taunt-guy-who-spawns-another-taunt. And of course Loatheb, as you mentioned. He's just too good.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    I <3 the naxx cards. I think they are all really creative and even dumb ones like the gargoyle have their uses. I just wish it healed at the end of the turn instead of the start, so you could actually bleed minions with it.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Unstable Ghoul is basically a 2 mana "go fuck yourself" to zoo decks.

Sure it's not a hard counter but it's pretty darn good.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Adventures in Thoughtstealing, volume 2 (quick hits edition);

Hl7rtSm.png

Too good not to post immediately. 4 mana 4/6s so strong.

Rius on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Egg is great. I use it in a token shaman deck. It provides another token for bloodlust or for the plus three attack card. It can be taunted. It's anti AOE removal and allows you to maintain board presence after say, turn five holy nova. You can drop it early, if you have a way in hand to activate it. or you can drop it late if you expect aoe. Or, you can put it out for cheap if you just need to use 2 mana. And it discourages multi target removal, like multishot or forked lightning.

It's pretty great.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Unstable ghoul fits so damn well into a priest deck. Not sure what to drop for loatheb though.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    So today I've been making up a google spreadsheet to keep track of my decks so I don't have to keep hunting for old screenshots when I want to use an old deck again.

I've got it set-up so that I have a folder for each of the classes, and a spreadsheet for each deck, then I use individual sheets within that spreadsheet to keep track of the deck changes over time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tcr7DGB7nOyY1pDswzBMQSnXdZ93LvuJ1_2CiNE8dzU/edit?usp=sharing

To use: put in the cards for the deck: Quantity, Mana cost, Name, Type (Spell, Weapon or Minion) and Rarity (Soulbound, Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary and Naxxramas).

You're such a nerd and I love you for it

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    It's really not, but that is why I'm happy to see people play it against me in freakin' everything.

I wouldn't call it a more versatile watcher but it is a good card. makes sense lots of people would be using it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Looking at that list of TCG terms someone posted a while back, would it be right to say sense demons and captain's parrot are the only 'tutor' cards in Hearthstone? (I suppose mad scientist might also count.)
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Egg is great. I use it in a token shaman deck. It provides another token for bloodlust or for the plus three attack card. It can be taunted. It's anti AOE removal and allows you to maintain board presence after say, turn five holy nova. You can drop it early, if you have a way in hand to activate it. or you can drop it late if you expect aoe. Or, you can put it out for cheap if you just need to use 2 mana. And it discourages multi target removal, like multishot or forked lightning.

It's pretty great.

It's counterable, but good, which is exactly where I like to see cards placed at.

• Options
    On the first of the month, I don't feel bad about this deck at all.

fZjFmz2.png?1

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I got a 60-gold Paladin or Priest Dominance quest today. Normally I'd cycle it, because I can't play them in Constructed and I always thought Paladin was fairly lousy in arena, but I Paladin happened to be an option in the arena I had open, so I got greedy and attempted it.

That draft was the biggest piece of garbage I have ever been a part of. No early game, no late game, barely any removal...it was a disaster. I cast Holy Light on a 2/3 five times in four games. These were the playS I had available in this deck. I'm frustrated, my next Naxxramas unlock is set back by days. What could make this situation any worse?
    2cxw51j.png
    well i guess thats okay then

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Paladins are one of the top classes in Arena, but probably not if you have 3 2 Holy Lights....

Edit: Misread.

hippofant on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    People say that, but I never have good Paladin runs. If you ask me, Paladins are way too dependent on a couple of specific cards or combos. Did you get enough Lightbringers and Consecrates? No? You're fucked, have fun. Whereas classes like Mage or Rogue you have multiple good cards with overlapping roles and it's unlikely that you'll miss out on all of them.

Like, if you get no Fireballs but do get Polymorph and a couple of Frostbolts, you're probably fine. And maybe it's just my personal playstyle, but I have more success with Rogue than even Mage, since there are a ton of card combinations that add up to huge tempo gains. If a Paladin gets no Lightbringers or Consecrates, the class cards they get offered instead are mostly garbage. Virtually very other Paladin spell does nothing if you don't already have board presence.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man noth is tough

I thought control priest would be a good matchup for him, but noooo

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Game #5 of ranked this month is when my deck draws hex. 5 games of digging through half+ my deck to find its first hex.

Deck, did I kill your mother or something?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Game #5 of ranked this month is when my deck draws hex. 5 games of digging through half+ my deck to find its first hex.

This was my experience earlier, too. Only I needed bolt.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    So, in "stupid things I have done" news: for some fucking reaosn I thought the text on Loatheb's Spores was "Give +8 attack to friendly minions." I ran through a few different decks before it hit me.

The class challenges are super fun. I'll definitely be doing daily quests to save up gold for when the next wing opens.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

@MNC Dover‌ this should be in the OP!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

This was my experience earlier, too. Only I needed bolt.

My Earth Elementals are now starting to behave like Hex was. This is starting to annoy me.

Characters
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    yo yo yo

Has anyone managed to make that Anub'ar Ambusher work in a rogue deck? I'm looking at that guy in the deckbuilder right now and have no idea how to work him into the class

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Seems like an undercosted big dude that kills everything at his cost except Water Elemental (MAKE IT A 3/5!) with a minor drawback that could be used to reset like, SI:7?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    A rogue deck beat me (I swear to god I have Hex & Earth Elemental in this deck) with Ambusher + your typical Zoo layout. Doesn't seem that bad in that type of deck, particularly since if it bounces an Argent Squire or Haunted Creeper token you're not exactly hurting. And if it bounces SI:7, Shattered Sun, or anything else with a battlecry you're pretty happy.

Characters
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Whenever I see Ambusher I immediately kill it, get tempo advantage, and then win like, three turns later. I don't know why tempo rogues were running it, they're blasting their own tempo with it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    My experience has been exactly the same @The Escape Goat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    If @The ever comes back he is going to have so many notifications from people messing up the @s

• Options
    MummBrah wrote: »
    yo yo yo

Has anyone managed to make that Anub'ar Ambusher work in a rogue deck? I'm looking at that guy in the deckbuilder right now and have no idea how to work him into the class

He is undercosted for his size but sets you back due to summoning sickness if you're aggro.

Therefore he is best in a midrange or control deck since for 4 mana a 5/5 is excellent.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

I was giving my Naxxadin deck a run-out in ranked yesterday to test it out. Over a third of the deck is 2 mana or less in the current version (12 cards). 3 games in a row I had nothing to drop until turn 4.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

@MNC Dover‌ this should be in the OP!

Added!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Also, not to sell @Muffinatron‌ work short, but I'd love if we could expand upon what he's already created. Like, get it to auto-search for cards and fill in fields in order to save time. Like, type "Ogre" and it pulls up all the possible cards with Ogre in it. Select the one you want and have it generate the other fields.

Certainly our more tech-savvy PA folks could help out with this, yes?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I've been having some success swapping a shadowflame for unstable ghoul and adding loatheb into my handlock deck. It may not be the best idea but I got tired of getting 2 shadowflames stuck in my hand.

This discussion has been closed.