As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WWE Supercard Thread (and wrestling I guess)

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    GotG is set to make a metric fuckton of money this weekend, and even more if it can withstand the assault of TMNT, Expendables 3, and Sin City 2 the coming weeks.

WWE is probably chomping at the bits to get Dave back ASAP.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Bt4x6T_IIAI5zi7.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    All oif you who are watching the G1 Climax piece meal? Your homework from Night 8 is to watch Nakamura vs Ishii and Suzuki vs Styles.
    I know what you're thinking, you're thinking "But Dyvim, I can't even imagine what a match between Minoru Suzuki and AJ Styles would look like" and that's okay, it's the natural reaction. However I can tell you what it looks like, it looks like the gates of heaven and you need it in your fucking life.
    Ishii vs Nakamura is basically slightly less than you expect it to be, however it feels like they might have been holding something back because there are clearly plans for that match to be a big deal later on down the line. Which makes the match quality terrifying because they put on a match that great without going all out.

Also if people have the time, watch Nagata vs Shibata because ugh so fucking good. G1 is amazing guys, everybody should be watching at least some of this shit.

The Observer's reporter Barry Rose gave Suzuki/Styles 5 stars.

Schide on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Bollshit_zps6b47d8a7.png

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Schide wrote: »
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    All oif you who are watching the G1 Climax piece meal? Your homework from Night 8 is to watch Nakamura vs Ishii and Suzuki vs Styles.
    I know what you're thinking, you're thinking "But Dyvim, I can't even imagine what a match between Minoru Suzuki and AJ Styles would look like" and that's okay, it's the natural reaction. However I can tell you what it looks like, it looks like the gates of heaven and you need it in your fucking life.
    Ishii vs Nakamura is basically slightly less than you expect it to be, however it feels like they might have been holding something back because there are clearly plans for that match to be a big deal later on down the line. Which makes the match quality terrifying because they put on a match that great without going all out.

Also if people have the time, watch Nagata vs Shibata because ugh so fucking good. G1 is amazing guys, everybody should be watching at least some of this shit.

The Observer's reporter Barry Rose gave Suzuki/Styles a hearty recommendation and said it was a potential match of the year candidate and thought it was just...just swell.

• Options
    yeah that might've been a bit much on my part

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Garett Dylan, Travis Tyler, Slate Randall, Mac Miles and Dani Jax have been released from NXT.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    who, who, who, who, and who?

• Options
    Garrett Dylan was Capt. Comic. The other four hadn't debuted.

Still, "who?" to someone losing their job is like, the goosiest response possible.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    On one hand, I agree, but on the other hand, we were presented with a lack of context to who those people are.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I have never heard of a single one of those people, so I don't think asking who they were is me being a dick.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    On one hand, I agree, but on the other hand, we were presented with a lack of context to who those people are.

That's fair.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    If we had to stop posting the Del Rio pissed off face, can I petition to stop posting the Bo-llshit pic?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    I do feel bad for a lot of the talent being let go lately, but in the long run it may help many of their careers.

It hurts more for the developmental talent for sure, because there's probably no better place to learn the entirety of the business than being at the performance center. If nothing else, the quality of the indy feds around the country should start benefiting from WWE's cash crunch.

• Options
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    If we had to stop posting the Del Rio pissed off face, can I petition to stop posting the Bo-llshit pic?

Never, it's my finest work and we will all admire it until such a time as it's not necessary.
    Maximum wrote: »
    I have never heard of a single one of those people, so I don't think asking who they were is me being a dick.

I will admit I jumped the gun, I apologize. THAT SAID, the source doesn't include any additional context, and "who?" with no additional response has a reputation both here and elsewhere as "I don't care about this person."

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I do feel bad for a lot of the talent being let go lately, but in the long run it may help many of their careers.

It hurts more for the developmental talent for sure, because there's probably no better place to learn the entirety of the business than being at the performance center. If nothing else, the quality of the indy feds around the country should start benefiting from WWE's cash crunch.

A lot of their home grown talent would benefit from spending some time on the indies anyway. They've got a great basic education in the wrestling business, and I think it's good to have to deal with all kinds of crowds and work on different styles of wrestling and try new things out. If they stay in the business and keep improving they could end up back in WWE with more experience under their belts anyway.

• Options
    Garrett Dylan, in particular, if he sticks with it, would probably benefit a ton from a stint on the indies, since it seemed like his Capt. Comic character was what he really wanted to do, and that's something that'll fit in a lot better on the indies than in NXT.

• Options
  • Options
    Garrett Dylan was Kris Kristofferson's kid right? Didn't they fire him before?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    yeah that might've been a bit much on my part

Naw, star ratings are a bane and must be stamped out at all costs.
    I give your efforts in the struggle three stars.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I'm going to print that post out and put it on my wall.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/pinata-on-a-pole/

Wow WCW was horrible in it's ending days

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/pinata-on-a-pole/

Wow WCW was horrible in it's ending days

Late 99 technically wasn't the ending days. That match just shows what a tolerant and creative genius Russo is.

• Options
    Oh man this quote from the article
    Oklahoma even disparaged JR’s barbecue sauce (perhaps trying to corner the condiment market for WCW’s line of hot sauces) by implying that it would never hit the market. At 14 years of sales and counting, Ross’s barbecue sauce has lasted longer than WCW ever did.

• Options
    When was the last on-a-pole match?

It seems like forever. They need to bring those back.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    WCW was horrible most of its days. 1997-98 was the only exception.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    When was the last on-a-pole match?

It seems like forever. They need to bring those back.

This past Christmas, actually!

They had a Present-on-a-Pole match to determine the number one contender for the IC Title. Fandango vs. Ziggler, Fandango won.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    You know how in Resident Evil 2 Leon shows up to his first day as a cop and it's the zombie apocalypse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIf3Rvr2uL8&feature=youtu.be

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Herpes Is Coming

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    You know how in Resident Evil 2 Leon shows up to his first day as a cop and it's the zombie apocalypse?

I'm going to be really sad when that isn't Jessica Havock, or maybe I'll be happy because it means she won't be in TNA.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-vYMsgGOqY

Someone get Cesaro better music.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Cesaro and Seth both got the shaft when they got their owns songs. Cesaro's is at least fixable if they lowered the levels on everything but the air raid siren.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Yoshi Tatsu action figure leg on a pole match in the incredible series of matches that Yoshi and Tyson Kidd had on the pre Full Sail version of NXT.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

We haven't had to stop posting either pic. I've just been lazy about it.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Neither are good, but neither are banned.

To counteract the Bo-llshit pic, when referring to stars for matches, please use 1WCs5V9.png. For example, Styles had at least one 1WCs5V9.png1WCs5V9.png1WCs5V9.png1WCs5V9.png1WCs5V9.png match in the G1 already

Likewise, Jenna/Sharmell at Victory Road gets minus 5 stars, or 0hgymao.png0hgymao.png0hgymao.png0hgymao.png0hgymao.png

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »

I'm going to be really sad when that isn't Jessica Havock, or maybe I'll be happy because it means she won't be in [financial ruin].

Well it's a good thing then since at :05 it clearly reads BAVOCK...

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    That opening shot is a piece of art.

• Options
    Boy I can't wait until Hdyrn makes their Impact debut.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

Also:
    Newsday wrote:
    CASTILLO: You brought up ECW. At one of those TNA tapings recently at the Manhattan Center it was, again, another ECW revival. It was Tazz and Rhino, and everyone was talking about ECW and soliciting "ECW" chants from the crowd. There ended up being a back-and-forth between Tazz and Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch about how relevant this is anymore. Is it time to move on? When you see that kind of thing -- the umpteenth ECW revival -- is it heartwarming for you know that there's still that passion for something you helped create? Or do you also think it's kind of time to move on?

[PAUL] HEYMAN: I think it's very much time for anybody and everybody to move on, especially on a product that you're trying to push forward. Nostalgia tours are great, but not in a youth oriented and dominated industry. I think the lesson learned in all this is that Spike TV didn't renew them. And one of the reasons has to be that the most passionate reaction they can get is for a product that went away in 2001. And they've been trying to brand themselves since their inception and they can't get it done. They should have spent that time and energy trying to brand themselves and not trying to elicit a response of an audience based on a product that they don't even own.

Sweeney Tom on
This discussion has been closed.