As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

College Football 2015: FSU Stung, Utah In Serious Trouble

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Watching the video, sure she instigates and strikes first but he shouldn't have punched back. Sorry dude, thems the breaks. Pretty sure he's even said as much. I don't think it should cost him his future.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    There are negative consequences for bad decisions. He just found that out.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well its being spun as a sexist thing because our society has a huge issue with sexism, and FSU specifically. I mean their last QB raped a woman for christ sake, now the new one slugs one.

And we have just as big an issue with how we treat men who don't fit the "bro" model of being a man. We also have a vast difference in how we treat attractive people vs unattractive people. And issues how we treat people of caucasian ethnicity vs other ethnicities. Basically, how well you are protected depends on how close you are to "Attractive White Male Bro" and that is wrong.

Anyway, in other news last night FSU released the QB. So, now we know that if you punch an attractive white female on camera, you'll get dismissed. If it had been a guy who got punched, I bet you nothing would have happened. Hell, I'm listening to sports radio right now (part of my normal morning routine) and they flat out said that if he had punched a guy this wouldn't have been a story and I freaking hate that. Everyone deserves to be protected from shit like this.

You have invented a scenario to be outraged, I want you to know that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I don't think it should cost him his future.

I have no problem with him punching a woman in the face costing him dearly.

• Options
    http://deadspin.com/deandre-johnsons-lawyer-woman-who-was-punched-used-rac-1716316726

Using the rare "she called me a name" defense. I do like how Casey Anthony's attorney here also points out he's working at a womans shelter which is terrifying.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    FSU RB Dalvin Cook under investigation for battery.

Someone remind me why i watch sports at all, because I got nothin'.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options

It's why I switched over to Baseball, there you just have to worry they take steroids or you fell asleep.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Because you put too much into hero worship?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options

No, i don't think i ever looked up to an athlete.

Steam
  • Options

Man I look up to Lebron James. He's funny, got a great family life, and he seems down to earth. God damn you Lebron James!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Then why worry when athletes turn out to be shitty people like the rest of us? You either watch sports because you enjoy the sport in some way or because you base part of your identity on the results.

• Options

Then why worry when athletes turn out to be shitty people like the rest of us? You either watch sports because you enjoy the sport in some way or because you base part of your identity on the results.

Ehh, i guess it was more because i enjoyed talking about sports with people, but that's been pretty much out the window lately, what with a lot of folks assuming I excuse the actions of shitty people (or lumping me in with crazy fans that do excuse that garbage).

Steam
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    People making assumptions about you sound like the shitty ones since they think poorly of you because of another persons actions you don't support or excuse.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

One of the greatest days for me in my comic-reading habit was the day I stopped reading news about the industry.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Eh its a bit different with sports, if we didn't watch them shitty awful people wouldn't get paid to play at these places. We're enablers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    UCLA gets new uniforms.

Not liking the pattern or the modified shoulder stripes. But at least this isn't one out of seventeen.

• Options
    Those are some fucking ugly uniforms.

I'm totally over the thing with putting shit on the palms of the gloves.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Those are some fucking ugly uniforms.

I'm totally over the thing with putting shit on the palms of the gloves.

I'd rather the players take the gloves off

• Options
    To what end?

• Options
    To catch the ball without the aid of equipment that increases grip?

• Options
    Eh, okay. Its not a thing I am fussed over.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, equipment evolves over time. Today's pads are lighter and more protective, etc.

• Options
    I knew I should have just gone with

91sn32Q.jpg

instead. Oh well, live and learn.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Man I don't care if gloves made it harder to catch balls. The amount that they prevent finger jamming just playing if pick up games, I can't imagine playing with top tier college and NFL QB's without some sort of hand padding.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So Nike paid Michigan an obscene amount of money. 11 years, 122 million, with another 4 year option for like 46 tacked on.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Having watched some ACC football last year thats what you say when that's all that's on tv.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Someday we will achieve the dream of the all 4-4 ACC.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaaand, suddenly I'm a fan of Cardale Jones.

CKng_pTWwAQF7mr.jpg-large.jpeg

• Options
    Dammit, don't make me like you Cardale Jones. You won't be the starter, transfer!

• Options
    God I love when white people complain when black people get out of line, especially athletes. Its my favorite thing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    God damn he's come a long way from the dumb "Ain't come to play school" tweet.

• Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Not only did that guy delete his tweet, he deleted them all and then changed his Twitter handle.

• Options
    ahahaha, that's what we call a mega burn.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Maybe he will be the starting QB at OSU, Braxton Miller is a WR now, apparently. Down to Barrett and Jones.

• Options
    tCCC ranked preseason number one.

I wonder if my cousin would still insist they aren't any good.

• Options
    Minnesota AD resigned today after it was revealed he sent some...inappropriate messages and sexually harassed two women.

• Options
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Minnesota AD resigned today after it was revealed he sent some...inappropriate messages and sexually harassed two women.

Apparently he was shitfaced at the time. Don't drunk dial, kids.

• Options
    The messages are out there in the usual places if you want to read them.

This is stuff I wouldn't even say to my wife, I can't imagine how drunk you'd have to be to send it to people who work for you.

This discussion has been closed.