As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

College Football 2015: FSU Stung, Utah In Serious Trouble

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Michigan and Washington have scheduled a home and home for 2020/2021. Hooray home and home. Hooray half decent teams.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Washington as in the Huskies? Or does DC also have a college football team?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Srsly

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Washington University in St Louis?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I figured he meant the huskies, but years of living in this state has taught me to never assume because this country loved washington so much.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yes, the one in Seattle, who 20 years ago played back to back Rose Bowls against Michigan, the first of which (where Washington annihilated Michigan behind Mark Brunell) is the first football game I remember watching.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    That should be a decent match up, well should be, I don't know with the new Boise State Huskies. I heard they're going to dye the field a horrific eye fucking color of purple so he can feel at home.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    That should be a decent match up, well should be, I don't know with the new Boise State Huskies. I heard they're going to dye the field a horrific eye fucking color of purple so he can feel at home.

Please, with how in love this school is with purple already, they'd be using Peterson as an excuse. I'm surprised it wasn't part of the stadium renovations.

• Options
    So since he's been fired, I won't get to return to the weekly tradition of "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I HATE AL BORGES" this year. But as a flashback to days of yesteryear, I would like to present a quote:
    Devin Gardner on SiriusXM: "Before coach Nuss got here, I never had to identify a MIKE ... now I know where pressure's coming from."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I HATE AL BORGES

• Options
    I'm retarded so I don't understand that sentence at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    There are two things going on in that quote:

1) Michigan was so fucking slow getting to the line under Borges that they rarely had time to adjust the play/figure out protections.
    2) That didn't actually matter, because nobody coached Gardner to actually do any of those things/he didn't have the authority. Run the play we told you to run seemed to be the final solution.

This leads to significant confusion between the offensive line and the quarterback, so for example, when Michigan State blitzes the same fucking gap every god damn play for like three years straight, nobody knows what the fuck is going on.

And that's why Devin Gardner's ribs resembled oatmeal by the end of last season.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    I see, so Michigan didn't have a very good coach is what you are saying.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Did you read the thread last year at all?

• Options
    How in the fuck? Hackenberg was calling coverages last year as a true freshman. How was a redshirt Junior not doing that?!!?

• Options
    Mvrck wrote: »
    How in the fuck? Hackenberg was calling coverages last year as a true freshman. How was a redshirt Junior not doing that?!!?

Because Al Borges is an idiot, basically. Coach BOB is a somewhat better QB coach. To say the least.

I mean, the center was the one responsible for assigning protection, in theory. But that position kept switching...

• Options

Not really.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Not really.

Then you missed the Saturday night tradition of me calling Al Borges an incompetent idiot. Usually Sunday and Monday too.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Not really.

Then you missed the Saturday night tradition of me calling Al Borges an incompetent idiot. Usually Sunday and Monday too.

If I recall, heavy drinking was involved too.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Well he lives in michigan, heavy drinking is a year round activity.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

Not really.

And some gifs and flowcharts too. bum went all out in his hatred of Borges and that quote alone makes it 100% justified

• Options

Not really.

Actually no. I almost never drink. Though I linked a lot of mgoblog where whiskey was prominently involved.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I will be interested to see who garners the most hate this year.

• Options
    For me it will be FSU, but thats on principal not any kind of rivalry.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2014

Actually no. I almost never drink. Though I linked a lot of mgoblog where whiskey was prominently involved.

We'll see what happens in the coming year, but I suspect we might see more of this enthusiastic young lady.
    BrainSlug.jpg

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I will be interested to see who garners the most hate this year.

Well, all the players I didn't like (Lewan, Gibbons, Alex Guptill, who was a hockey player and wasn't investigated for various felonies so it's unfair to mention him in the same sentence as those two but still that lazy asshole annoyed me kind of a lot) are gone for the most part. Borges is gone.

The offensive line coach, however, was retained. So expect a lot of rage directed at Darrell Funk.

• Options
  • Options
    I guess God's still pissed about the Sandusky thing.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Bardarbunga Volcano, Eyjafjallajokul Volcano

God damn Iceland, you really do know how to come up with the best names. I vote they get to rename Washington

Veevee on
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I'm retarded so I don't understand that sentence at all.

MIKE is a middle linebacker. SAM is a strong side linebacker. WILL is a weak side linebacker. They call them by those names on the field because saying "Middle Linebacker!" is long and you want a short, one syllable identifier for them. So you'd just call one of those names and the player's number. It doesn't particularly matter if that's actually the defender's true position that he's really playing in that particular defense, the quarterback, or center, or whomever is responsible for it just identifies certain defenders as certain things for the blocking/protection scheme the play they're running calls for. The offense keys off of that spot and everyone extrapolates who they're supposed to block from there outward.

Cog on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    So Franklin did his first PSU radio show, and whatever else you may think of the may, you have got to love someone that puts Rudy in his place:
    We go full speed on Tuesday and Wednesday with competitive scout teams. I told the scout teams I want them to be Rudys with talent.

• Options
    If he had said Rudys without the tendency to commit fraud and get hammered by the SEC (the government one) that would be awesome.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Wasn't that the whole thing with Rudy? He wasn't good but he played hard and had lots of heart.

• Options
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    Wasn't that the whole thing with Rudy? He wasn't good but he played hard and had lots of heart.

The whole thing with Rudy is Notre Dame's self-mythologizing of their own status as special snowflakes and pretending they're not just another football factory.

Fuck Rudy. Everyone has walk ons.

• Options
    If they had talent they wouldn't be playing for a B1G school.

• Options
    Deadspin had a thing about this basically fuck Notre Dame. Like they are using that they outed their shitty players as a reason why they are the best. "See once it was bloody obvious we did something awful we owned up to it!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Deadspin had a thing about this basically fuck Notre Dame. Like they are using that they outed their shitty players as a reason why they are the best. "See once it was bloody obvious we did something awful we owned up to it!"

Of course, they can't be fucking bothered to investigate the two deaths linked to the program...

• Options
    Or all the sexual attacks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Or all the sexual attacks.

Hey, guess which two things are related?

• Options
    Nothing according to Notre Dame!

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.