As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Es la hora de ORAS

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    VGC, always. Ialways play doubles now. I think I'm gong to go with Sassy to try trick room or just general bulk.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    VGC, always. Ialways play doubles now. I think I'm gong to go with Sassy to try trick room or just general bulk.

Hmm... I didn't watch this year's championship so I don't know the current meta, but there used to be a ton of physical monsters like Mega Mawile, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence etc.... so I'd probably go with Relaxed. But it also depends on your team comp as well.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    This is so hard to choose..This is my first time seeing Crescent Isle, so naturally I'm gonna want to catch it ASAP.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    According to the official Pokemon Twitter account it's Slowpoke Week, so any excuse to repost this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqy8cC72wA&feature=youtu.be

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I have a super weird Pokemon request. Does anyone have a Sentret or Furret with the HA Frisk?

I want to make a thief Pokemon, and the idea of him being a ferret tickles me.

• Options
    You're in luck. I have it.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness, I have Crescent Isle today! I can get Cresselia! Um, what nature should I get?Bold, Relaxed, Sassy, or Calm?

This is why I generally don't get around to catching legendaries until the end of a generation. Too much stress!!!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    TDawg wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, I have Crescent Isle today! I can get Cresselia! Um, what nature should I get?Bold, Relaxed, Sassy, or Calm?

This is why I generally don't get around to catching legendaries until the end of a generation. Too much stress!!!

I've decided that I'm just going to go with Calm to balance out its defenses, whether I use it for Trick Room or not. It's just a good thing that if you save right next to/in the mirage spots, that you will be able to soft reset for the pokemon, no matter how long you take.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Slowpoke is one of the best originals.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Slowpoke is one of the best originals.

Woah, looks like you were having trouble there! No need to thank me but I fixed your typos.

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular

Maz- wrote: »
    According to the official Pokemon Twitter account it's Slowpoke Week, so any excuse to repost this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqy8cC72wA&feature=youtu.be

It would have been better if they posted it this week to announce that slowpoke week was in July.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    They finally translated the song!
    one year later!
    Slowpoke!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    kssk32v01kfp.jpg

Hey Pokefans! I'm running a forum game over in Critical Failures that is the combination of the party game Mafia (or Werewolves) and Pokemon! If you've never heard of Mafia/Werewolves, check out the OP of this thread and it will give you a decent rundown

The first game ran back in May where players explored, captured, and battled. It culminated in a tournament where the winner is the region's new Champion. We've incorporated trading, battling, capturing, evolving, TMS, items, and even pokeboxes to store pokemon when they are not on your team!

The second game is starting soon and signups are open. This game will have players trying to help their team be the first team to beat all the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and maybe even become the Champion! There are still things to explore, puzzles to solve, pokemon to capture, and battles to be had. Any pokemon you capture and the team you create will be useable in the pokemon games that I will be running from here on out.

Take a look at the thread and see if its something you'd be interested in.

• Options
    Ugh...The Calm Synchronizer I have's ability is trace. I have to find some way to get my ability capsule over to my Omega Ruby game to switch its ability.

• Options
    Ugh...The Calm Synchronizer I have's ability is trace. I have to find some way to get my ability capsule over to my Omega Ruby game to switch its ability.

Or you could breed it.

• Options
    edited September 2015

Or you could breed it.

My game is saved at Crescent Isle, which has a 5% chance of showing up each day. If I exit the island, the Mirage Spot disappears and I will have to wait for it to show up again. I'm just going to trade a junky pokemon from Y and give it that. I want my Cresselia!

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    Heads up, the special Pikachu Tournament Pikachu is available on the Pokemon GL for those who participated in 3 or more matches during the tournament!

• Options
    World Tournament and Battle Zone were fun. In Battle Zone, people were just bullshitting around and not even fighting half the time.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Was breeding some pidgeys because i wanted to screw around with a mega pidgeot. Checking the ivs of hatched ones i came across one that had 6ivs. The only pokemon ive ever bred with 6 ivs is a pidgey...

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I think I'm done with Pokemon X. I finished my 2nd run through. I got Yveltal by trading the 2nd Xerneas and have an extra Zygarde and Mewtwo. I was planing on doing a 3rd run to get Moltres but it was so annoying getting to the final four and hunting down the legendary birds.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I think I'm done with Pokemon X. I finished my 2nd run through. I got Yveltal by trading the 2nd Xerneas and have an extra Zygarde and Mewtwo. I was planing on doing a 3rd run to get Moltres but it was so annoying getting to the final four and hunting down the legendary birds.

I-won-t-hear-it-and-I-won-t-respond-to-it-animated-gif-arrested-development-31133206-500-235-gap.jpg

I keep looking at my copies of X and Y and want to play them, but I just know it's going to be a pain to play them because I'm a completionist and will have to complete my pokedex.
    Plus, isn't there something that tracks what pokemon you've seen in each route or something, or was that a previous version like Black/White?

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

I-won-t-hear-it-and-I-won-t-respond-to-it-animated-gif-arrested-development-31133206-500-235-gap.jpg

I keep looking at my copies of X and Y and want to play them, but I just know it's going to be a pain to play them because I'm a completionist and will have to complete my pokedex.
    Plus, isn't there something that tracks what pokemon you've seen in each route or something, or was that a previous version like Black/White?

There is a Pokedex for each region, and you'll have to restart or trade to get every Pokemon. You get 1 legendary birds based of your starter .

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    why would you catch all pokemon separately on each game? Just mix and match pokés with the Bank.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    why would you catch all pokemon separately on each game? Just mix and match pokés with the Bank.

Because I'm cheap and didn't buy into the bank. >_>

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    It's five dollars!

Or you could use the GTS a lot, or borrow someone else's 3DS if you have carts, or do a complex daisychain trade with someone else who has a copy. There are options.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

This. Complete a living pokedex and put it on bank. Now you only need to worry about all the other completionist tasks within the game instead of having your time consumed by filling out your pokedex for the umpteenth time.

It is $5. How much do you value your time?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    My one problem with Pokemon Bank is that it can't move items and doesn't count as a trade, so I basically screwed myself over by getting all my Pokemon games digitally as I still needed a third party to evolve my goddamn Scyther.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    If you have multiple pokemon games, you can trade with yourself on the GTS. Put up a trash mon and ask for a scyther. Then trade the scyther to yourself to evolve it. If someone snipes you, then you've only lost a trash mon and are free to try again.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    If you don't want to actually use it (ie you don't care about nature/ability/IVs) and just want it in the dex, I've also had good luck with putting up the mon in question, holding its evolution item if applicable and asking for the same thing/the evolved form.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    We do trade for evos here all the time! And you bought BOTH games, that's far more expensive than 5 bucks.
    and you're going to take hundreds of hours each game to complete a Dex! That's like walking 40 miles to save bus fare!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    If you have multiple pokemon games, you can trade with yourself on the GTS. Put up a trash mon and ask for a scyther. Then trade the scyther to yourself to evolve it. If someone snipes you, then you've only lost a trash mon and are free to try again.

I wouldn't trust this with my IV'd and item-holding Pokemon. I would still rather find a nice person to trade with. Thankfully, this thread is pretty good at supplying that so I have yet to have an issue with it.
    Blackjack wrote: »
    If you don't want to actually use it (ie you don't care about nature/ability/IVs) and just want it in the dex, I've also had good luck with putting up the mon in question, holding its evolution item if applicable and asking for the same thing/the evolved form.

I never did this for things that require evolution items but it is FANTASTIC for Pokemon that just need to be traded/

• Options
    edited September 2015

I wouldn't trust this with my IV'd and item-holding Pokemon. I would still rather find a nice person to trade with. Thankfully, this thread is pretty good at supplying that so I have yet to have an issue with it.

I never did this for things that require evolution items but it is FANTASTIC for Pokemon that just need to be traded/

You've got it backwards. You're not trusting it with your IV and item-holding pokemon. You're trusting it with a bidoof you caught off of route "who-cares".

Let me list it step by step:

On pokemon X, you have a scyther that you want to evolve into a scizor.

On pokemon Y, you have junk pokemon that has zero value to you whatsoever.
    • 1: Log into pokemon Y and put the bidoof up for trade and request a scyther.
    • 2: Log into pokemon X and try to find your bidoof . Did it get sniped?
    • -a: No. Congratulations. You traded a sycther to yourself. Oh look, it's evolving! Enjoy your new scizor.
    • -b: Yes. Oh no. You're worthless bidoof has been sniped and you'll likely never see it again. Go back to step one and put a new junk mon that requests a scyther for trade.

edit:
    To get your scizor back to your copy of pokemon X, you just reverse everything. The rule of thumb that you need to follow is to always offer something worthless and request the pokemon of value. That way you're both unlikely to be sniped, and you only loss a worthless pokemon if you do get sniped. Eventually you'll succeed and transfer your high-value pokemon between the two copies of the game you own.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular

I did it for things that need items, but would make sure to ask for the evolved form. I don't trust randoms to play fair.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options

You've got it backwards. You're not trusting it with your IV and item-holding pokemon. You're trusting it with a bidoof you caught off of route "who-cares".

Let me list it step by step:

On pokemon X, you have a scyther that you want to evolve into a scizor.

On pokemon Y, you have junk pokemon that has zero value to you whatsoever.
    • 1: Log into pokemon Y and put the bidoof up for trade and request a scyther.
    • 2: Log into pokemon X and try to find your bidoof . Did it get sniped?
    • -a: No. Congratulations. You traded a sycther to yourself. Oh look, it's evolving! Enjoy your new scizor.
    • -b: Yes. Oh no. You're worthless bidoof has been sniped and you'll likely never see it again. Go back to step one and put a new junk mon that requests a scyther for trade.

edit:
    To get your scizor back to your copy of pokemon X, you just reverse everything. The rule of thumb that you need to follow is to always offer something worthless and request the pokemon of value. That way you're both unlikely to be sniped, and you only loss a worthless pokemon if you do get sniped. Eventually you'll succeed and transfer your high-value pokemon between the two copies of the game you own.

This is awesome and obviously I hadn't thought of it. Although it usually isn't necessary for me I thank you.

• Options
    I always end up with two Nintendothing eventually, so I trade with me.

• Options
    A coworker of mine had Pokemon Y, so I borrowed his system for half an hour to do it a few weeks back. I hadn't considered using the GTS that way, and I'd probably do it that way in the future, but I did every possible trade evo in one go (except Porygon) and that would have taken forever with switching games every time.

• Options
    YggiDee wrote: »
    A coworker of mine had Pokemon Y, so I borrowed his system for half an hour to do it a few weeks back. I hadn't considered using the GTS that way, and I'd probably do it that way in the future, but I did every possible trade evo in one go (except Porygon) and that would have taken forever with switching games every time.

It's a pitty you can't do this trick with just one copy of the game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    My wife is putting together a weather team, does anyone have a Charmander with the HA solar power?

• Options
    I think I have an extra breedject that has 4-5IV's and a jolly nature..Would that work?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    For sure, she just needs the HA 'Mander, so the rest is just gravy.

Anon the Felon on
This discussion has been closed.