As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I found a wallet in the street

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
It's pretty cleaned out but does have a driver's liscense and some phone numbers in it.

Do I just mail it back to the address on the liscense? Or should I just take it to the cops? Or should I call the numbers and see if they even need it back? I'm not sure the what the typical response to this should be; I'm leaning towards mailing it.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I'd call the local cops (by non-emergency number) and ask them. I think that's probably safest though I suspect they'll just tell you to mail it back to the owner.

Supposedly in days of yore before CC's were a thing, pick pockets would just drop stolen wallets into public mail boxes so the person got their ID and what not back. After cleaning out all the cash of course.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Thanks, I'll do that!

• Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    yeah, i'd say mail it.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    The police said mail it or drop it at a station, both are fine. I mailed it with a note saying where I found it.

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Exactly the right thing to do. Well done.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    i found a wallet with cash still in it, and keys. i took it to a police station and the cop could not have been more annoyed.