As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Heart of Thorns - first expansion announced! Release date betting pool started!

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Yeah I just

I'm probably going to play a bit because the mindless parts are soothing to my depression

In the meantime though heyyy who plays League of Legends >>;

<<;;;

my username there is LucidSeraph come sigh as I fuck up everything

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    I can watch you fuck up everything if you would like :)

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I don't do much aside from unlock the story chapters these days, but I was really hoping the SAB would get a new chapter in 2014. Maybe 2015 will be the year.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Not bad changes there. Makes me actually interested in Dailies again.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    nothing says we have to find a way to maintain our player base as cheaply and with as little effort as possible- like daily rewards for logging.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    nothing says we have to find a way to maintain our player base as cheaply and with as little effort as possible- like daily rewards for logging.

It's log in rewards that don't reset if you miss a day. I'm fine with that.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    yea looks like they keep piling up until you reach 28 logins, then it resets.

kinda neat but its no FLAP FLAP

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Daily Logging Rewards. . . .

Everyone's a winner.

Making fun good content that isn't tied to a two week for 3 cycles, then take a 4 week break, then spin up the two week cycle all over again. . . Living Story, would be better.

I will log and play when there is compelling stuff to do.

I've been playing WoW for the last 2 weeks almost non stop. I swore that damn game off, but it is still compelling.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    That sounds okay I guess, but not very exciting...

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    I would like the daily log in rewards.

But I haven't been able to log in to my account for the past three days. Sent emails to support with no response. I'm afraid someone may have tried to steal my account or something :(.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    If you are not getting a response try using a different email service. You should get an automated response right away with a ticket number.

• Options
    I actually really like the new dailies. I'm meh on login rewards (though no doubt I'll get them every 28 days like effing clockwork...) but the idea of heftier rewards for different dailies is neat.

I still don't give a shit about an expansion, I just want quality LS updates that happen actually every 2 weeks.

Also idk why people are bitching about how there's NO NEW CONTENT, like, are two new maps with two different unique game modes, both of which vomit loot into your lap, not enough for you?

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Could you be any more pessimistic about this game?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    yea, easily.

i read your post in chandler bing's voice, but that dont make me a bad person.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Mojo will drop the pessimism when there is a major content patch for WvW.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Mojo will drop the pessimism when there is a major content patch for WvW.

and the Flap Flap

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yup. @draygo knows.... under all the pessimism is someone dying for this to be back at the top of everyones list. just waiting to flip flop into exuberant optimism.

Im flapping all pessimistic right now. Like "hurry up". demo behind spoiler.
    kevin-flap-arms-o.gif

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    You know, I actually think they're being smart about timing on this one. The holidays always lead to massive drop-offs, why put out new content when no one is going to be around anyway?

January 13th isn't insanely far away, it's about a month. In the mean time we'll have daily login rewards to keep us warm, and I'm still not done getting all my SW stuff. The SW never seem to get old, now that there's such varying content there-- events for awhile, then Breach, then champs, then Pac-Man, then maybe some chests if there's time.

I wasn't a huge fan of Pac-Man at first, but once you learn the maze and get used to watching the mini-map it's actually really fun. Especially when you just BARELY get to that next power-up in time to escape being eaten. :)

Kylindra on
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Being a mesmer with centaur runes in the Pac Man maze is fantastic.

Spam 6 for perma-swiftness, even though there's no ability!

What's that? Chased by a nightmare and you're out of dodge? Use decoy and watch the nightmare turn around and run in the other direction. 99% of the time they get distracted by something else and are gone forever. The rest of the time you're close enough to a ledge by the time they figure out you're there, then it's bye bye wolfie.

In all seriousness, though, this week has been a helluva time. I'll probably do some more silverwastes this weekend to catch up on lost collection time - still don't have either of the two new luminous pieces, ugh.

EDIT: Also they're teasing this:
    B4lwEZ6IgAA0aLA.jpg

Rytlock's sporting daedric obsidian ominous black with red glowy-spots armor!

naengwen on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Hey everyone.

Where can I get Blade Shards now? Tried TP but saw none, and I have no idea where to get them. I need them for the Spinal Blades backpiece- finally got to 60 so I wanted to upgrade what I have (currently on Twin).

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    And one shoulder missing, for increased badassedness

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hey everyone.

Where can I get Blade Shards now? Tried TP but saw none, and I have no idea where to get them. I need them for the Spinal Blades backpiece- finally got to 60 so I wanted to upgrade what I have (currently on Twin).

Blade shards are account bound, so you aren't going to get any off the TP.

Basically, there are 3 main ways to earn blade shards post-Season 1 finale.

The first is killing Aetherblade. You can find them in the Not so Secret JP, the Aetherpath in TA, the Aetherblade-related fractals in FotM, or in the central area of Edge of the Mists in Wuv. Not so Secret is probably the most farmable, and IIRC the chest at the end will have some shards in it as well.

The second is Sprocket Generator mining node that will occasionally drop shards as well as sprockets. If you don't have one in your home instance, you can either buy the gift used to spawn it from laurel merchants or group with someone who does have the generator and enter their copy of their home instance. Easiest way to farm them, but you can mine it only once a day.

Finally, there is a MF recipe for Blade shards: 1 gittering dust, 1 shimmering dust, 1 Blade shard and 50 Watchwork Sprockets with get you 10-15 shards. at the current price of sprockets, you'll be paying roughly 1g70s for each flush of the Mystic Forge.

#3 is probably the best if you want to actually make the ascended backpiece in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time, though buying the sprockets to MF the 925 shards is going to set you back a bit. However, there are arguably fewer avenues to farm sprockets than shards (Sprocket Gen plus the Watchwork Pick that is sometime for sale on the Gem store are the only two ways I know of) so better start saving up that gold.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't realize the shards were account bound until after I posted the question.

I suppose I could do #3. Just gotta do stuff and earn some gold. I don't know where the Not So Secret JP is and I'm wondering if I can even complete it as 1) I suck at JP's; and 2) I am only 64.

Thanks for the info!

• Options
    You don't have to complete Not So Secret; the mobs you farm are past some easy jumps.

It's in Gendarran Fields, so maybe you could just park an alt up there?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't realize the shards were account bound until after I posted the question.

I suppose I could do #3. Just gotta do stuff and earn some gold. I don't know where the Not So Secret JP is and I'm wondering if I can even complete it as 1) I suck at JP's; and 2) I am only 64.

Thanks for the info!

It's in Gendarran Fields, to the south. You may want to watch a video or bring someone who knows the way if you've never been, the entrance is somewhat concealed and if you've never used the jump pads before you may need to try a couple times to get in.

Also, you don't have to complete it. Just get to the main chamber where all the Aetherblades spawn. They spawn obnoxiously fast, so no need to worry about having enough stuff to kill.

I can't remember what level the guys are, though, they may be level 80 despite it being a low-level zone.

• Options
    The Aetherblades there are level 30.

It starts just south of the Broadhollow Waypoint (there's a PoI for it on the map).

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Just make sure you watch the condis, one of the Aetherblade mobs (Taskmaster I think) applies enough stacks of confuse to easily kill yourself with.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I dont' have ANY of the Luminescent pieces, because I suck at achievements so I haven't done ANY of the LS achievements yet...

• Options
    You can always grab parties for a lot of the LS achievements. They make it much easier for many of them.

• Options
    Ah, I see. Any idea how many blades they drop? Just want to get an estimate.

Is it actually called the Not So Secret JP? I'm not sure what I'm using as a search term for YouTube. :D

• Options
    Ah, I see. Any idea how many blades they drop? Just want to get an estimate.

Is it actually called the Not So Secret JP? I'm not sure what I'm using as a search term for YouTube. :D

Yep, that's the actual name. Aetherblade Jumping Puzzle should also do it.

• Options
    YogoYogo Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who felt Not So Secret didn't live up to its "hard jp" reputation? ._.

• Options
    It was made more difficult on release by the number of people spamming Swiftness everywhere (and people complained a lot about Huge Norn syndrome of course).

It's harder than many of the JPs that released with the base game, but I wouldn't say super-hard (even if you go for the Goggles and not just the chest).

I want Trib Mode SAB back. :(

• Options
    Yogo wrote: »
    Am I the only one who felt Not So Secret didn't live up to its "hard jp" reputation? ._.

Personally, my only problem with it is that I suck at precision jumps, so there's certain sections I just can't get through.

Re: Jumping puzzles in general, I love Drydock Scratch... right up until the 8th checkpoint. I HATE the tunnel section. Is there an easy guide to how to get through that? Everything else in that puzzle can be done by just slowing down and thinking about what you're doing, but that section is literally just trial and error and luck, which is bullshit.

• Options
    Yogo wrote: »

The diving goggles were the hard part. Did you do those?

• Options
    I had a dream last night that for this year's Wintersday, they did a storyline where some idiot broke another one of the Mad King's seals and he came out and was like WOW WHAT IS THIS HOLIDAY WHERE SOME SMALL RAT MAN FLIES THROUGH THE SKIES AND GIVES PRESENTS? I WANT TO FLY THROUGH THE SKY AND GIVE PRESENTS except he gave out severed heads and stuff

so it was The Nightmare Before Wintersday

then kinda like with the old Grenth vs Dwayna stuff in GW1 you picked a side and had brawls between the two factions

I'm sad this isn't a thing now

• Options
    It'd be pretty interesting if they were to pull a complete surprise out at one of the regular festivals.

Like hey, Wintersday is here... and oh yeah, the Pact camp in Silverwastes just got attacked hard, and there's a dragon lieutenant menacing Brisban Wildlands. And Rytlock's back.

• Options
    So I gave my character a bit of a makeover and had to share:
    4bzok7U.jpg

Finally using my SAB skins again! :)

• Options
    Is that background supposed to be just random crystals?

'Coz it kinda looks like there's a face there. With a really long and pointy nose.

This discussion has been closed.