As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games for Surface Pro 3

juliorubio69juliorubio69 Registered User new member
Hello all:

I will buy the new Surface Pro 3 in the comming weeks but I spend a lot of time in airplanes and I will like to play stratigy games during my +4 hours flights. Could you please tell me which games can be upload to the Surface Pro 3.

Regards

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    It would depend on capacity, and which processor you end up getting. Generally speaking, Strategy Games are not going to be to graphically intensive, so you should be ok running games like Civilization V, Starcraft 2, and maybe Planetary Annihilation since they will rely a lot more on the processing power, than the integrated graphics of the Core i3, i5, or i7. Without a dedicated graphics card though, you will likely not be able to fully enjoy anything graphically intense. I have been quite curious about the Surface Pro line, but the cost has always made me hesitate, let us know how it works out for you once you pick it up!

Edit: In case there was confusion, the Surface Pro 3 runs real Windows 8.1, so it can run normal Windows games and applications, not the ARM-enabled cluster of confusion that is Windows 8.1 RT. I mean seriously Microsoft, name it something like Windows Freaking Tablet Won't Run Your Real Apps 8 RT.

For the future though, this type of question may fit better in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern, a sub-forum of Games and Technology.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    juliorubio69juliorubio69 Registered User new member
    Thanks
    It would depend on capacity, and which processor you end up getting. Generally speaking, Strategy Games are not going to be to graphically intensive, so you should be ok running games like Civilization V, Starcraft 2, and maybe Planetary Annihilation since they will rely a lot more on the processing power, than the integrated graphics of the Core i3, i5, or i7. Without a dedicated graphics card though, you will likely not be able to fully enjoy anything graphically intense. I have been quite curious about the Surface Pro line, but the cost has always made me hesitate, let us know how it works out for you once you pick it up!

For the future though, this type of question may fit better in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern, a sub-forum of Games and Technology.

Thanks for your respond, I am thinking in buying the one with i5 and 128GB. To be very honest with you, I also hesitate when I bought my first Surface RT, but after I use it for some weeks I love it and the I bought the Pro one.