As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes of the Storm: We Lich Kings of Frozen Throne

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    We all want a loot goblin.

We should start an online petition.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Chen has been leaked by a Chinese site so it's very likely we'll see him. Anub'arak was used in Zagara's trailer so he's probably close to done. Third could be a wildcard, but I think the safest bets are Kael'thas or Sylvanas.

Hopefully Kael because we have two archers already and only Tassadar for something vaguely true caster.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yeah, I want more mages

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Also, hey who's up for some awesome-sauce team games tomorrow and/or Sunday??

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    A blogpost on Matchmaking was just put up on the official site. Nothing too interesting, just stuff we already knew, BUT there was talk of improvements coming in the future:
    -We’re currently exploring ways to assess individual player performance with finer granularity than wins vs. losses, and adjust your skill rating accordingly.

-We’re also thinking about how we’d like to find matches for players who frequently abandon in-progress games, and are considering matching so-called “leavers” with others who exhibit similar behaviors.

-Finally, we’d like you to feel comfortable playing with all of your favorite heroes, even if you’re trying a hero out for the first time. We’re looking into ways in which we can potentially adjust your individual skill rating by allowing the matchmaker to take into account how much you’ve played using your selected hero thus far, and find even matches accordingly.

So that's pretty neat.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    We all want a loot goblin.

We should start an online petition.

A loot goblin that could portal around the map, drop regen globes for teammates, and had a chance when being hit to drop a Legendary Item that would act as an auto target taunt/confuse for enemy players and minions would be amazing.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2014
    I still think the matchmaker issues stem mainly from the player pool being real small (like ~2000 people tend to be online).

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Putting chronic leavers with other chronic leavers seems like a great idea. However, it also has the potential to become a self-defeating cycle in that environment. A chronic leaver leaves. Chain reaction. All other leavers leave, because now the match is imbalanced. Nobody ever drops their leaver status, and they are perpetually stuck in leaver queues.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I just want an update that puts a giant note to pop up during the tutorial.

THIS IS NOT LOL. NO LANING FOR 20 MINUTES.

MrBody on
  • Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Putting chronic leavers with other chronic leavers seems like a great idea. However, it also has the potential to become a self-defeating cycle in that environment. A chronic leaver leaves. Chain reaction. All other leavers leave, because now the match is imbalanced. Nobody ever drops their leaver status, and they are perpetually stuck in leaver queues.

I don't like this plan. There has to be a more graceful and less punishing way of doing this.

Steam profile
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    A leaver queue works fairly well in dota actually. the games it lands people in tend to be ridiculous hellholes of assholery, but noone really leaves from them. As far as I know, only experience of it is by queuing with a friend who had been placed there. Presumably it teaches some kind of lesson.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I do want more Starcraft (tons of Zerg, Protoss and Terran guys they could throw in there) and Diablo heroes (they've got all those other angels and prime evils, not to mention heroes not yet introduced and previous game heroes. Give me my Necromancer! I don't care if you've got voodoo guy, I want skeletons) but I also want some maps that are more Starcrafty/Diabloy. A map set on a space station where the knights are in power/marine armor and the giants have astronaut helmets, a Burning Hells type map where everything is all demonic and evil.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Oh man, a Diablo map with all of like the blood and gore from the catacomb and torture dungeons.... that'd eff my shit up

Also, an awesome map would be one with like neutral zerg swarm units that you can fight or avoid or something.

Or maybe the minions would be like zerg units, or tons of zealots, or marines / firebats, and the map objective is to get them upgrades to where the minions can win/lose games.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I'd rather see more Diablo heroes right now - Starcraft is pretty over-represented as it is with Warcraft being a close second. Only 5 out of the current roster of 23 are Diablo heroes.

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »

TWO-ONE-TWO IS STUPID. STOP DOING THAT.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Oh man, a Diablo map with all of like the blood and gore from the catacomb and torture dungeons.... that'd eff my shit up

Also, an awesome map would be one with like neutral zerg swarm units that you can fight or avoid or something.

Or maybe the minions would be like zerg units, or tons of zealots, or marines / firebats, and the map objective is to get them upgrades to where the minions can win/lose games.

That one map from Starcraft 2 where you would have to move to elevated ground to avoid the lava flow would be great for this game.

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »

TWO-ONE-TWO IS STUPID. STOP DOING THAT.

Is that.... like, number of heroes in each lane? Why is that combination a bad thing? I have no LoL knowledge so part of this conversation is over me haha

Steam profile
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    2-1-2 is good for dragonshrine, i like 1-3-1 for curse map but nobody ever does that. and 1-2-2 for blackhearts.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, people haven't caught on yet on Curse that the middle lane puts you in the best location for the semi-randomized spawns of the tributes. I ALWAYS go mid on Curse map. It just makes sense.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Exp being evenly distributed as long as you have someone at each source of experience ought to make laning way more fluid in heroes. Not that I would know since I'm not in alpha yet, but it seems sensible it would open up a lot more flexible or mobile setups.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

well maybe they shouldn't be leavers then

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Donnicton wrote: »

That one map from Starcraft 2 where you would have to move to elevated ground to avoid the lava flow would be great for this game.

Also the maps with the giant zealot statues that shoot colossus-type lasers?
    That'd be neat!

Similar to the zerg swarm maps, a Diablo map in one of the hell levels would be awesome-sauce.
    Minions could be mini-diablos or something like that.

And for mercs, a group of these would be amaaaaaaazing:
    artss86-hires.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Yeah, people haven't caught on yet on Curse that the middle lane puts you in the best location for the semi-randomized spawns of the tributes. I ALWAYS go mid on Curse map. It just makes sense.

Zagara's that go top or bottom on Cursed Hollow make me so sad.

• Options

It depends on how harsh that is. I sometimes have to leave games; stuff comes up. A couple days ago, my dog knocked over a water bottle and it turns off my power strip, so I "left" the game. If that starts putting me in a queue with "leavers", then that's a serious turn-off.

If we're talking like multiple games a day or something, people farming for a good composition, etc, then that's more reasonable.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Mvrck wrote: »

I main Zagara, and I am more aggressive with my creep tumors on this map than any other. I cover as much jungle as I can so we can see when and where the enemy team is moving towards the tributes. It also makes getting from mid-lane to the tribute much easier. I lay creep everywhere!

• Options
    You do 2-1-2 or 1-1-2 + Jungle in the other games because mages and similar characters benefit more from their skills getting better via leveling up. So you want them to get more experience and level faster so they are effective more quickly. A carry and support do not care about experience, as the carry wants gold for items because they scale well off those.

In Heroes this does not matter because experience is shared. Whether there are three people in a lane or one, the experience will be the same. It's more important to have at least one person in each lane and from there facilitate ganking. That's why pairing a strong solo lane person like Zagara/Tassadar/etc. with an assassin at mid works well, because the assassin has the freedom to quickly move to either lane for ganking.

Maps and team comps will change this, but everyone does 2-1-2 in pubs because that's what they're adjusted to doing.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mvrck wrote: »

I main Zagara, and I am more aggressive with my creep tumors on this map than any other. I cover as much jungle as I can so we can see when and where the enemy team is moving towards the tributes. It also makes getting from mid-lane to the tribute much easier. I lay creep everywhere!

Yeah. I have been trying this build out on it, and it has been going incredibly well. Spreading creep like a fucking champ, and all the vision means teammates can pick people off all over in safe fights.

• Options
    Creep Zagara = Best Zagara

Steam profile
  • Options
    the only lane composition i want to run is one in which i am not solo laning against a hammer and someone else

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Gimme some obscure old Diablo heroes like Ormus, Rakkanishu, and Gharbad the Weak

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    I'm probably going to jump on now and play for a good bit.

G'it!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

It depends on how harsh that is. I sometimes have to leave games; stuff comes up. A couple days ago, my dog knocked over a water bottle and it turns off my power strip, so I "left" the game. If that starts putting me in a queue with "leavers", then that's a serious turn-off.

If we're talking like multiple games a day or something, people farming for a good composition, etc, then that's more reasonable.

I'm pretty sure it's an average and not a total - like, "As soon as this person hits 10 games left, flag 'em!" It's more like "As soon as this person hits 10 games left AND has a leave percentage higher than X, flag 'em!" Most other MOBA devs realize shit happens IRL to even the most dedicated players.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    basically the question is "how much do you trust blizzard's intelligence"

...oh

o-oh no

OH NO

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

...oh

o-oh no

OH NO

That's my thing, yeah :D. I'm sure eventually it'll be reasonable, but am I gonna have to put up with 2 weeks of "you left a game, now play with the rejects"? :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I pretty much always go middle on that map as Hammer to compensate for lack of mount unless another lane is totally empty. I also tend to avoid mid as Hammer in Dragon Shire since Hammer is not the best candidate to suit up. Plus doing a split push while the enemy team is distracted by the dragon knight lets you chew up forts real fast past a certain point.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kime wrote: »

...oh

o-oh no

OH NO

That's my thing, yeah :D. I'm sure eventually it'll be reasonable, but am I gonna have to put up with 2 weeks of "you left a game, now play with the rejects"? :P

I dunno, mang. I've heard bad things from other PAers. Like, so much so, Blizz was thinking about calling it the Kime Queue.

I kid, I kid! :P

Undead Monkey on
  • Options
    I'd almost be OK with that :P

Also, stop listening to @MMMig‌

Steam profile
  • Options
    ugh..... playing pubbies is such a pos thing to do

I'm like 3-10 because my team is either not united at all, or we have 1 or 2 complete noobs

and because @kime sucks

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    ugh..... playing pubbies is such a pos thing to do

I'm like 3-10 because my team is either not united at all, or we have 1 or 2 complete noobs

and because @kime sucks

I feel your pain. Was in the "noob pub" hole for quite a string of games. Turned it around and have won my last 7. Makes victory taste SO much sweeter. :)

• Options
    I just noticed E.T.C.'s default skin and tint has a Dimebag beard.

42a9c4c276a909a1bf7304d96f58d692.jpg

I'm a huge metalhead, but I'm not not too into Pantera (so I guess I can be forgiven for my oversight) - I'm more into bands out of Norway and Sweden than Texas. :P

This discussion has been closed.