As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Killing Floor 2 - Patch(beta) is up! Demo & Firebug are here! Berserker isn't crap!

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Wow that is not my experience in KF at all.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I've encountered a total of one mic spammer in a 32 man custom server (so many zeds, SO MANY SCRAKES. ) . I muted him and the problem was solved.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    While KF2 is best enjoyed with pals, it continues to be totally awesome with pugs too in my experience. As long as you are open to a looser style of play and more wipes the community continues to be one of the cooler multiplayer communities around. It's a great way to get outside of your comfort zone and pick up new things too.

I might have to try out some more pubs if they are generally pretty laid back. The two buddies I picked the game up to play with are SO INTENSE. Sometimes I have to remind them we are playing a video game. I mean, they get super serious even when we are doing awesome.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I had a hilarious one where a level 3 support dude was really intense. He was all "we HAVE to stick together". Me and a couple of others were all "relax, it's normal". Having said that. I've crashed with some pubbies on the boss wave because they don't run away from the boss. Usually even two or more level 4 or above dudes are enough to know how to run away from the various attacks he has.

edited April 2015
    Imo hans is much easier than the patriarch. Steer clear of the frag grenades and watch out for his melee attack. Medics can ward off the rest of the damage (also, everyone with 1 weight block clear should have bought a medic pistol)

That said, people do seem to live running through that gas.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Fighting him outdoors seems like a good call in general as well. His grenades and gas can insta-kill you if they stack up on you. There is less opportunity for this outdoors as long as you don't get into a corner.

Yeah. I suspect that the gas both stacks and that the damage rate quickly ramps up over time. People grazed by the gas take almost no damage. People loitering or running through the gas seem to quickly become unsavable.

3DS Friend Code:
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    He's like a million times worse than pat if your medic(s) die. Or when you're soloing without an AA12. His run at you going twice your sprint speed -> swipe attack that does like 70 damage loop is pretty bullshit. Not even to mention his Regen hug when you're the only one alive.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    Everybody has a health tool. Heals are much stronger when you give them to others. Buddy system.

Also, Medic pistols are great, super cheap, and super lightweight.

You don't need to be a medic to heal just like you don't need to be a sharpshooter to get headshots. Nobody bats an eye at using off-perk equipment, but there seems to be some weird aversion that prevents non-medics from ever healing anybody else. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been healed by a non-medic.

I heal those guys hundred of times, but do they ever return the favor when I'm scratched up and within arms reach? No.

I can be standing there damaged as we are gathered around the trader. They could heal me then. They'd even get dosh for their act of goodwill . But they never do. Their disdain for healing is greater than their love of loads-ah-money.

q_q

3DS Friend Code:
  • frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular

He's like a million times worse than pat if your medic(s) die. Or when you're soloing without an AA12. His run at you going twice your sprint speed -> swipe attack that does like 70 damage loop is pretty bullshit. Not even to mention his Regen hug when you're the only one alive.

Is there a solid way to dodge him?

Be a badass and parry him.

3DS Friend Code:
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

He really isn't.

He is so much easier to kite it's almost a joke. When he's in melee it dons't matter how fast he runs if you use pillars/cars/doors/random stuff so he can't dart right to you. His nades are a big pain if you can't move a lot in the room you are in, but else than that they are pritty easy to dodge.

I think people are forgetting that good old patty would walk up and oneshot someone in the group and then do w/e he felt like, and hans got nades? One in the pipe makes hans nades look like candy on the ground.

Befor saying Hans is sooo much harder than patty remeber that in KF1 you probably have level 5/6 perks makeing it into a whole different level.

My biggest problem with KF2 at the moment is Fleshpounds and scrakes are too weak, we don't have the SS perk yet and they still drop like flies, I just don't feel like they bring the right amount of OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT to a game.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cW2N2U4IOw

So this is a thing you can do in the current build. And it is awesome.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Is there a voice server for this?

There's in game voice chat that feels pretty reliable.. If you can convince it to play out of your headset instead of your speakers.

I try to disable everything in game as quickly as possible and use external clients. In game chat is pretty much never worth it. Nobody worth a buck of warm piss ever uses it, so you're automatically stuck with the short of end of the gene pool, plus people use it to troll.

Interesting; in 3 or 4 years I've never experienced anything like this from the KF community.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    What difficulty are you fighting the scrakes and fps on? Because the general consensus that I've been hearing is that they get ridiculously tanky as the difficulty goes up. A lot of people want to wait until sharps and demos are on game before deciding if they are too strong or not.

They crumple on normal, but they seem more resilient than their kf1 counterparts on hard and above.

3DS Friend Code:
  • frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Is there a voice server for this?

There's in game voice chat that feels pretty reliable.. If you can convince it to play out of your headset instead of your speakers.

I try to disable everything in game as quickly as possible and use external clients. In game chat is pretty much never worth it. Nobody worth a buck of warm piss ever uses it, so you're automatically stuck with the short of end of the gene pool, plus people use it to troll.

Interesting; in 3 or 4 years I've never experienced anything like this from the KF community.

It was more a general voice comment than a KF specific one.

Anyways, runs fairly well for a 750ti.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    If anything pubbies never talk. Which makes this game a lot harder.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    What difficulty are you fighting the scrakes and fps on? Because the general consensus that I've been hearing is that they get ridiculously tanky as the difficulty goes up. A lot of people want to wait until sharps and demos are on game before deciding if they are too strong or not.

They crumple on normal, but they seem more resilient than their kf1 counterparts on hard and above.

All of them , mostly play on hard since it's pointless to do sui with underleveld perks. Well look back at kf1 fps in hoe, they would pritty much oneshot you and eat all your ammo if you let them too close. While on the HoE here all I needed to do was kite him a tiny bit and slam a door in his face. Yes he did eat an aa mag or two but he's so meh if he's alone, whey they spawn two at a time hell yeah they will fuck you over, but alone? Alone they are a tiny bit tanky and deal meh damage.

Might just be that supports suddenly have 150 hp or something. The fps now got a few triks I really love and they look really good, the swing attack they do where they pritty much slam you into the ground is pritty awesome too. But when an attack like that hit you, you should get killed or close to killed (no idea how much damage they actually do since I play with a group that considers it a fail if people drop under 50% hp ever).

This might change when sharp/demo comes tho and they get tuned up to match it.

Haven't done a lot of sui/hoe yet because of a busy work week etc but this is kinda what I think after the few games I got to play. And it's kinda hard again to balance impressions compaired to kf1 because I have played with only level 6 perks since 2010 I think.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Also piles of money really kill framerate for some reason.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I bumped my solo games up to suicidal a while ago and Scrakes go down before they reach me. Fleshpounds only get a couple hits in and it is not hard to run away and heal up if you didn't have the armor to take the hit.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, solo mode fps and scrakes. 6 man's are much tankier.

God help you if you find yourself alone against a scrake on one of the silly 32 man servers. They are juggernauts.

3DS Friend Code:
    How do you switch fire modes?

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Alt fire.

Is time a gift or punishment?
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Alt fire.

I wondered if there was a sway to toggle single and automatic, for a commando perk.

edited April 2015
    I'm confused. Alt fire toggles between fire modes. What is it exactly you're trying to figure out.

EDIT: Commando weapons only have two fire modes, so not all of them will have exactly what you want.

MegaMek on
    edited April 2015
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=106661

^Looks like someone in the community has taken the map tools and created a rudimentary test map.

You can test out weapons against different zeds and practice your parrying skills in a relatively controlled environment.

The lighting is a bit off for me, but maybe something is just off with my settings.

edit:
    Ok, the Pulverizer definitely puts more hurt onto fleshpounds than scrakes. That secondary attack seems to count as the explosives that they're so weak against.

When dealing with the fleshpounds, it seems like they have a couple of unparryable attacks. When I say that, I mean they don't get staggered and keep attacking you. I haven't checked to see if damage was reduced to parry chip damage levels. The most noticeable one of these attacks is the one where he jumps at you. There is a hit from his feet followed by a hit from his "hands."

edit2:
    Ok, since TWI doesn't have a whitelist system set up yet, the zeds you kill in the thunder-dome still give you XP. This does make it too easy to farm up XP.

However, as far as I'm concerned this is a testing period. I don't see the harm in unlocking perks to test that they make sure that they both work as intended and are balanced.

For example, the 2% armor restoration on heal medic perk. I'm not sure if they intended for a single healing grenade to restore potentially 30 armor over its duration.

edit3:
    Ok. Thanks to some power leveling, I can finally provide some feedback on the armor restoration perk in combination in combination with the Vaccination perk.

With the medic's base 160 armor at level 20 and assuming that I've lost 60 points of health for the grenade to heal, a single healing grenade will restore 90(!!) armor if you stand within the smoke for its entire duration.

While I love fun toys for the medic...IMO that's probably too good.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

Absolutely.

I don't need their life story or to have running commentary banter through the whole match, but "Scrake coming up the stairs, two Fleshpounds at the tunnel" is damned useful info to have, and generally not something people bother typing out.

Or they do and get eaten while trying, or wait until they've been eaten at which point it's probably too late.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Not sure why the game doesn't have a shout-out feature like Payday.

Aim at a Scrake or FP, press F, and your character yells the name.

YL9WnCY.png
    edited April 2015
    That would probably fall apart since the characters would probably describe everything the same way

Point at scrake: "Dosh!"
    Point at fp: "money!"
    point at Zed horde: "loads of money"

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited April 2015
    Not sure why the game doesn't have a shout-out feature like Payday.

Aim at a Scrake or FP, press F, and your character yells the name.

It does, but you don't have to press anything. The characters shout out when SC/FPS pop up. But it can be hard to hear over all the gunfire.

That would probably fall apart since the characters would probably describe everything the same way

Point at scrake: "Dosh!"
    Point at fp: "money!"
    point at Zed horde: "loads of money"

I would say that's a pritty spot on discription tho!

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    When dealing with the fleshpounds, it seems like they have a couple of unparryable attacks. When I say that, I mean they don't get staggered and keep attacking you. I haven't checked to see if damage was reduced to parry chip damage levels. The most noticeable one of these attacks is the one where he jumps at you. There is a hit from his feet followed by a hit from his "hands."

I heard that you are supposed to parry the first attack (reduced damage), then jump over the second. I haven't tried it yet.

So we played a few games of "5 shotguns and a medic" on hard and it was just a slaughter.

The speed at which scrags died was just hilarious.

edited April 2015
    Ok, so if you've been playing the game and thinking "ok, this is pretty good, but it would be better if we were playing on "Facility" from N64's Goldeneye," I have good news!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=107385

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited April 2015
    MegaMek wrote: »
    I'm confused. Alt fire toggles between fire modes. What is it exactly you're trying to figure out.

EDIT: Commando weapons only have two fire modes, so not all of them will have exactly what you want.

I think the main issue is the lack of guns right now. The guns have two fire modes and work differently when scoped in. So there's a mix of fire modes out there. I think a more clear distinction between smg, ar, and br will help.
    SanderJK wrote: »

Look I aim to have my opinion changed, where do you gents play?

frenetic_ferret on
    I think the main issue is the lack of guns right now. The guns have two fire modes and work differently when scoped in. So there's a mix of fire modes out there. I think a more clear distinction between smg, ar, and br will help.

This post is short-circuiting my brain dude. What issue are you talking about? Just that there aren't a lot of weapons in the game? Yeah, I'd like more guns too. Especially SMGs. Want that Thompson back.

Two fairly vanilla pistols are not nearly enough to satisfy my handgun fetish. Bring on the Gunslinger perk. I want to festoon myself with pistols again.

"Two bloody great handfuls!"

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I am frustrated. Was in a match yesterday and the group died again on the final boss. People just don't move about enough to avoid the grenades. There's not nearly enough healing of others. I had the medic gun and tried to heal the others, but not enough. There were also too many commandos (me included!) on the team.

envoy1 wrote: »
    I am frustrated. Was in a match yesterday and the group died again on the final boss. People just don't move about enough to avoid the grenades. There's not nearly enough healing of others. I had the medic gun and tried to heal the others, but not enough. There were also too many commandos (me included!) on the team.

I see so many teams with 3 or 4 and I just shake my head. The commando has a niche, and it can be filled by one person. They don't do enough damage to stack them like that. When I see that, I just go medic, since I know I'm gonna get lots of healing points.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Gunslinger would be a neat perk to mess around with but I think for balance sake Sharp is the best perk to introduce next. Easier to balance the game if Sharps are back in.

Sharpshooter is also my favourite perk so gimme.