As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killing Floor 2 - Patch(beta) is up! Demo & Firebug are here! Berserker isn't crap!

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yeah I think it's going to be core perks first and then we get to play with the new stuff.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Been a bit busy of late, but I definitely plan to Kill more Floors.

Sure the game is light on perks and weapons. It's the start of the early release still. I have faith that by the time they consider it ready for prime time we'll have piles of classes again and plenty of weapons.

I mean hell, looking at the first game, new skins and weapons paid a bunch of their bills (presumably), and they were infrequent enough releases I don't recall anyone minding much. Give us a good spread at release, do some holiday themed events, toss out a few packs at a reasonable price (that people can get, ignore, or just snag for 50-75% off during a sale) and we can get back into it.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Just give me back my LAR.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Just give me back my LAR.
    This. OH, so much this. The LAR was hands down my favorite gun in the original.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I'm having a hard time getting into KF2 at the moment. The class I spent 90% of my time playing in KF1 is neutered beyond belief and my secondary class isn't in the game yet.

Still, what we have so far is incredibly solid, as a whole. Looking forward to some balance changes and new perks/maps.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    yeah as much as some people hate it introducing content slowly is the best way they could do things. focuses the community and lets them get lots of data on everything before opening up more stuff, and then everyone will be excited to try out new classes and weapons so then they'll get a bunch of data on that and etc.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I feel for you zerker fans if the class isn't turning out the way you wanted. Hope Tripwire can sort it out before full release. From what I've seen there are fewer complains about the other three perks so far. I really like the commando, just wish fewer pubbies insisted on playing that class.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I heard second hand that most of the perks are just place holders and will probably be replaced.

I've been trying to think of some alternative perks for medic.

At level 5,everybody takes the bonus health. No one takes the ammo perk.

But what if instead of boosting ammo, it boosted the capacity of your syringe meters(darts and heal tool) to 130% or 150%? I think that would be a more interesting decision.

Edit:
    I also don't know what to make of the level 15 perks for medic. They're both terrible. If I had a third option "no bonus", that is the option I'd pick.

The self healing is very weak. Thus us an issue for the medic because small scrapes represent an opportunity to regen some armor with a med-tool.

Lacerate is also weak. The damage certainly doesn't feel meaningful in the test map. Normally I'd say "eh, free damage is free damage", but the damage over time effect causes mobs to get all twitchy. That twitching could be detrimental if it ever pushes a zed's head hitbox to safety.

I don't think these options are supposed to be this terrible, but right now they sort feel like small taxes on how powerful vaccination is at 20.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »
    I feel for you zerker fans if the class isn't turning out the way you wanted. Hope Tripwire can sort it out before full release. From what I've seen there are fewer complains about the other three perks so far. I really like the commando, just wish fewer pubbies insisted on playing that class.

As someone who is new to the KF franchise, I'm still learning a lot of nuances of the game - positioning, when to move, when to stand and fight, when to heal, ammo conservation, etc. For me, the Support is a bit difficult because of the need for ammo conservation and slower reload times. The Medic is something I'll play when I have a better grasp on team awareness - I have a hard enough time managing my own health let alone my teammates'.

So the Commando is the easiest to wrap my head around, especially with the increased health per level, increased clip size, and reload speed upgrade perks. I'm wondering if the large amount of players you're seeing are in the same situation as me.

Interestingly enough, aside from the Berserker, the Commando is the class I see the least. I see tons of Supports, though, which I'm guessing is due to the popularity of the AA12 at the moment.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    The aa12 has always been borderline op Imo, but it's limited ammo and high cost of operation keeps it in line. On harder difficulties it isn't uncommon for donations to be necessary to keep it operational.

It is pretty ridiculous at low levels where money abounds.

I also never understood the armor-piercing buckshot. You'd think that would be a commando rifle or sharpshooter rifle thing.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Yeah, the AA12 being so strong doesn't bother me because, well, it's always been so strong. I'm just used to it.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Could be the noobs like myself are just now experiencing it in all its head-splitting glory. :)

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    love getting a killing blow on the boss with a shotgun and just completely cutting him in half at the waist, seeing it all in that extraordinarily long slo-mo death scene.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    I think it feels better than it will be by virtue of it being the only game in town for DPS, and the only viable option for skrakes in the later difficulties. That will change drastically once demos and sharps are back in. I can understand the frustration with berzerker, but again I think it has more to do with them splitting berzerker off into a number of classes but not having those other classes in yet.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I think it feels better than it will be by virtue of it being the only game in town for DPS, and the only viable option for skrakes in the later difficulties. That will change drastically once demos and sharps are back in. I can understand the frustration with berzerker, but again I think it has more to do with them splitting berzerker off into a number of classes but not having those other classes in yet.

If the berserker is weaker because it is split into separate classes then that means either the new dragon class is really good and berserker is bad (and nobody plays it) or both classes end up being kind of weak due to good talents getting diluted and both classes will need to be improved. Either way, buff berserker! It's not my play-style at all but is fun when I try it!

• Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular

The commando is easy to play and is, right now, probably the best class all around. I think it will get less popular as other classes are introduced. Plus, most of the guides I've read right now say "play commando if you are new".

• Options
    Yeah, as much as I talk about Gunslinger, I'm actually in a kind of holding pattern until Sharp comes back. I probably spent 80% of my time in KF as a Sharp.

• Options
    I spent the vast majority of my time as a Support in KF1, so I feel a little bad that it's both heavily represented and 'kind of OP'. I legit liked keeping doors welded shut and timing it to pop open and be all "SURPRISE, DICKBAGS!" with grenades and shotgun shells with solid timing, at least on the rare map when we weren't just Pied Piper'ing a trail of Zeds through the streets/fields.

Also I'm just not cut out for this 'twitch reflexes get the headshot from across the map with no scope 360' shit. Big spread of lead and lots of penetrating power, fuck yeah.

It is kind of sad, in retrospect at least, how much 'welding' and otherwise hunkering down is a trap. Near the end of my run I found the only times people really did so was either in a spot they weren't supposed to be to cheese a map, or noobs about to get eaten for not being mobile enough.

And entire class/specialization/mechanic that basically weeds out 'the bads' or frustrates people.

I do kind of hope they manage to sort out, at least on certain maps, some places that can be bottled up now and then.

• Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I spent the vast majority of my time as a Support in KF1, so I feel a little bad that it's both heavily represented and 'kind of OP'. I legit liked keeping doors welded shut and timing it to pop open and be all "SURPRISE, DICKBAGS!" with grenades and shotgun shells with solid timing, at least on the rare map when we weren't just Pied Piper'ing a trail of Zeds through the streets/fields.

Also I'm just not cut out for this 'twitch reflexes get the headshot from across the map with no scope 360' shit. Big spread of lead and lots of penetrating power, fuck yeah.

It is kind of sad, in retrospect at least, how much 'welding' and otherwise hunkering down is a trap. Near the end of my run I found the only times people really did so was either in a spot they weren't supposed to be to cheese a map, or noobs about to get eaten for not being mobile enough.

And entire class/specialization/mechanic that basically weeds out 'the bads' or frustrates people.

I do kind of hope they manage to sort out, at least on certain maps, some places that can be bottled up now and then.

This is fixable. Load up Quake 3 or UT2004 (if you don't have them, you should) and enable the IG options (rail and shock respectively), play.

• Options
    Nah, I have neither the time nor patience for that. Cut my teeth on Quake 2/UT99 Tournament/UT2k3/UT2k4/etc/etc, this isn't my first time to the rodeo. I just have a preferred playstyle and load out, and Support fits it fine.

Wall of lead, close range, point in a cardinal direction and everything within 30 feet dies.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see the second melee class, but I have a feeling it's going to be a fast attack, trash clearing class... which would give it commando's problems. As long as support remains best trash clearer AND best (2nd when sharp is released) high health enemy killer, every other class is going to be underpowered in comparison.

• Options
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the second melee class, but I have a feeling it's going to be a fast attack, trash clearing class... which would give it commando's problems. As long as support remains best trash clearer AND best (2nd when sharp is released) high health enemy killer, every other class is going to be underpowered in comparison.

If you look at the weapons in the shop, both the flame thrower and the katana have the same symbol next to them. That points to a character having perks related to both of those weapons.

• Options
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

If you look at the weapons in the shop, both the flame thrower and the katana have the same symbol next to them. That points to a character having perks related to both of those weapons.

You mean the icon for the "off-perk" tab that they seem to using as a placeholder for those weapons until they actually put the firebug/martial artist assets in the game?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Played a couple matches as support yesterday. The AA-12 is fantastic. Can take out a scrake/flesh pound in one clip. Ok that one clip is a third of the ammo, but it's very impressive. Old hands were telling me to save the AA-12 for the big guys, but it's also great fun on the trash mobs as they just disappear!

envoy1 on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Played a couple matches as support yesterday. The AA-12 is fantastic. Can take out a scrake flesh pound in one clip. Ok that one clip is a third of the ammo, but it's very impressive. Old hands were telling me to save the AA-12 for the big guys, but it's also great fun on the trash mobs as they just disappear!

They disappear just like your ammo. :wink:

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Did they add a new shotgun? The M4-combat shotgun? A nice addition if I missed it before.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    More musing on the game just makes me think support stacking is too good right now.

The AA becomes ridiculous if everyone takes the l5 ammo bag for 80 extra shots if you go 5 supports. With 160 shots of AA x5 you don't have many problems left.

Also I tried to solo hard after I hit l10 on support but Hans isn't made for soloing, while he was health drain me adds spawned an surrounded me, when I got out I got grabbed and grenaded felt so cheap.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Did they add a new shotgun? The M4-combat shotgun? A nice addition if I missed it before.

There was a combat shotgun in KF1 that was pretty much the same gun. Not a lot of people used it, however, since it was a basically a more powerful pump action with a longer reload and smaller capacity. The HSG was the traditional go-to if you wanted to upgrade to something non-AA12/Double Barrel.

It's been flying below the radar in KF2 for pretty much the same reasons, albeit slightly exacerbated by the increased weight over the pump-action and the much higher cost. Don't think I've seen anyone use it in a game yet.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Does the AA12 actually do more damage, or is it like KF1 where it does the standard regular shotgun damage but full-auto?

sig.gif
  • Options
    AA12 does 25x7 damage compared to the Pump Actions' 20x7, so definitely more damage, on par with the Combat Shotgun per shot (also 25x7) but a fair bit less than the Boomstick (25x12, or x24 for alt fire).

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

There was a combat shotgun in KF1 that was pretty much the same gun. Not a lot of people used it, however, since it was a basically a more powerful pump action with a longer reload and smaller capacity. The HSG was the traditional go-to if you wanted to upgrade to something non-AA12/Double Barrel.

It's been flying below the radar in KF2 for pretty much the same reasons, albeit slightly exacerbated by the increased weight over the pump-action and the much higher cost. Don't think I've seen anyone use it in a game yet.

I used it for a round, its the worst aspects of the aa12 and the starting pump.

Mediocre damage, fast firing rate, long reload times, runs out of ammo fast.

I sold it the next round and got a double barrel instead.

• Options
    All this talk about AA12 spam is disgusting.

Real men engage scrakes and FP's in glorious hand to hand combat.

zrgvh2pbc6hj.png

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    ooo, that delicate 2 finger grip!

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular

Pinkie finger out, because manners matter.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Morkath wrote: »

I used it for a round, its the worst aspects of the aa12 and the starting pump.

Mediocre damage, fast firing rate, long reload times, runs out of ammo fast.

I sold it the next round and got a double barrel instead.

By the numbers, it's a pretty disappointing weapon. It even has a worse stumble power rating than the pump action, and I have no idea why.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    The M4 has tight grouping giving it pretty good single target damage at range for a shotgun. It also has a flashlight which is a nice feature. It's biggest problem is that it's too expensive for what it does.

• Options
    That was really what killed it in the first KF. Even if your liked the weapon and liked pairing it with other weapons, it just cost too much to justify the expense.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oats wrote: »
    Pinkie finger out, because manners matter.
    It's what separates us from the fleshpounds.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    That was really what killed it in the first KF. Even if your liked the weapon and liked pairing it with other weapons, it just cost too much to justify the expense.

And it's to heavy.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well supports tend to have tons of carrying capacity anyway.

3DS Friend Code: