As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killing Floor 2 - Patch(beta) is up! Demo & Firebug are here! Berserker isn't crap!

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    So it's getting pretty clear what the strategy is for the three maps. Everyone always gathers in one or two places. In outpost there's the outside square, or the outside corridor where the vehicles are. In Burning Paris it's one of two outside squares. But in the lab everyone always stays in the production room with all the doors. I wonder if they'll review their spawns as a result?

• Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »
    So it's getting pretty clear what the strategy is for the three maps. Everyone always gathers in one or two places. In outpost there's the outside square, or the outside corridor where the vehicles are. In Burning Paris it's one of two outside squares. But in the lab everyone always stays in the production room with all the doors. I wonder if they'll review their spawns as a result?

I don't think this has to do with spawn points, it's mostly map layout. Those areas are the most wide open. You have the most room to move and shoot and it's very hard to get snuck up on. Furthermore, enemies are funneled towards you from predictable angles due to the terrain. Lastly, they all offer good retreat routes. They are simply the best places to make a stand.

The rest of the levels serve a purpose, largely for breaking LOS while retreating.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    kF1 was like that too, only with MORE kiting

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Well supports tend to have tons of carrying capacity anyway.

True, but it's to heavy for the power it brings. If it was just an upgraded pump action it would be ok, but as it is now it's to heavy to do that and you really wanna give up 10% damage to be able to bring a pritty meh shotgun?

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I haven't looked at the higher perks, but unless we eventually hit a shotgun weight reduction or a carrying capacity increase, I'd find it hard to justify anything but AA-12 and Double Barreled, which I seem to recall putting me at max capacity on my level 10 or 11 Support.

Basically being an expensive 'slightly worse than X' weapon doesn't seem to give it a clear niche.

Granted, without piling on supports, the ammo capacity on the AA-12 isn't exactly great, but all it takes is judicious use, lining up ones shots (with some hearty penetrating power) and you can clear out some trash even while saving ammo for an 'oh shit Scrake/FP LIGHT IT UP' moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to have a niche that better fit what I want to be doing when gunning down shit, but I can't see including it in my weapon progression cycle in its current form.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I still don't understand why the shotguns get penetration capabilities. Sharpshooter stuff like the heavy rifle? Yeah. But buckshot?

I guess it is just a weird killing floor thing.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    I haven't looked at the higher perks, but unless we eventually hit a shotgun weight reduction or a carrying capacity increase, I'd find it hard to justify anything but AA-12 and Double Barreled, which I seem to recall putting me at max capacity on my level 10 or 11 Support.

Basically being an expensive 'slightly worse than X' weapon doesn't seem to give it a clear niche.

Granted, without piling on supports, the ammo capacity on the AA-12 isn't exactly great, but all it takes is judicious use, lining up ones shots (with some hearty penetrating power) and you can clear out some trash even while saving ammo for an 'oh shit Scrake/FP LIGHT IT UP' moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to have a niche that better fit what I want to be doing when gunning down shit, but I can't see including it in my weapon progression cycle in its current form.

Mhm, only important point here is that you can put out a damn good dps with the HTS when you get the fast reload perk.
    kF1 was like that too, only with MORE kiting

Sure you don't mean less kiting? I'm pritty sure the only reason you would kite in kf1 on sui and hoe is because you couldn't get to the camp spot in time. And then you would die since kiting with a camping setup isn't lets say optimal.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've heard complaints for both sides of the coin.

Doors nerfed! Destroyable lights! Camping is dead!

Teleporting zeds! Kiting is dead!

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I still don't understand why the shotguns get penetration capabilities. Sharpshooter stuff like the heavy rifle? Yeah. But buckshot?

I guess it is just a weird killing floor thing.

It's simple. As the support levels up he can shoot his shotgun harder.

• Options
    With the AA-12 and double barrelled shotgun, there is just enough weight capacity left to carry the healing pistol. That's my go-to setup on my support now and I build towards it as soon as I can.

• Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular
    I tried a custom server with a massive player count. Wasn't that bad. Player quality and banter went up massively. Of course it doesn't level you up, which kinda sucks. It's sort of a chore climbing to level 25. Any tips for fast rank gains?

• Options
    I tried a custom server with a massive player count. Wasn't that bad. Player quality and banter went up massively. Of course it doesn't level you up, which kinda sucks. It's sort of a chore climbing to level 25. Any tips for fast rank gains?

If you wanna level just to test it, get the testmap and spam nades.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options

There's a variant of the test map floating around called HansRevenge. Instead of a swarm of clots, it throws 1 hp Hans' at you. Much faster grinding.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/news/killing-floor-2-update-what-we-are-up-to.aspx

New Manor revealed, Berserker changes teased, content update on the way

• Options
    edited May 2015

I don't think that gains levels

There's a variant of the test map floating around called HansRevenge. Instead of a swarm of clots, it throws 1 hp Hans' at you. Much faster grinding.

This sounds like what I need.

frenetic_ferret on
  • Options

I don't think that gains levels

This sounds like what I need.

It gains levels! Only way I would ever even consider leveling zerker.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just played an epic round, killed hans as the final player left alive, with one health left.

m6ggb6d595fr.jpg

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I clicked on the game and noticed they added eight new achievements, all of which currently say, "Achievement_X_Name - Achievement_X_Description". Most likely it's tied to Manor coming out soon but the one thing that strikes me as odd is that, if the other maps are an indication, four of them are for beating the map on each difficulty.

It's obviously something that I can do nothing but speculate about (it very well could just be some kind of accident that all eight are there in the first place) but, with any luck, the last four are also tied to new content. It's possible it could be for leveling up each of the current classes but I think that the game could do with some meaty content. A new map is definitely welcome but four classes available in a game you can play with six feels goofy. It's fun painting the world red but I would love to have some new brushes.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    Anybody want to pool up tonight for the harder difficulty settings?

• Options
    bump, hopping online now!

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Really thought we'd get some balance tweaks by now. Not expecting a rush of new perks or weapons, but some tweaks would be welcome and get me interested in playing again.

Please buff Zerker, thanks.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Really thought we'd get some balance tweaks by now. Not expecting a rush of new perks or weapons, but some tweaks would be welcome and get me interested in playing again.

Please buff Zerker, thanks.

Seconded. After an initial rush I've not played in a bit.

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    New dev post http://tripwireinteractive.com/news/new-dev-update.aspx

KF1 voices and 'shoot the gnome/snowglobe/bags' achievements confirmed. Still waiting on those new perks

• Options
    First content/patch update is here:

Killing Floor 2 - Update 1008
    Community Announcements - [TW]Yoshiro

Maps
    New map: Volter Manor
    Added collectable items and related achievements to all 4 existing maps
    Numerous fixes to cosmetic issues and map exploits in Biotics Lab, Burning Paris and Outpost
    Characters
    Added 2 new characters for owners of the original Killing Floor: Classic Briar and Classic Masterson
    UI
    Improved XP barks on player HUD
    Added "Killed by" messages on HUD
    Voice comms select on close instead of requiring a mouse click
    General
    Update bugsplat to give us more information, which may add a delay when submitting.
    Added a clientside filter for full servers (in addition to server-side)
    Increased the EndOfGameDelay to 15 seconds
    Fixed unintended extra applications of Field Medic’s Armament and Vaccination buffs when using Medic Grenades
    Slowed down AI movement speed slightly in HOE
    Crash fix for servers that have improperly set up server actors
    Fixed issues when connecting to passworded servers via command line and Steam invites
    Fixed some FX not being affected by night vision goggles when motion blur is enabled
    Editor
    Enabled UE stats for the SDK only
    Custom material support

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Manor seems a solid map after a first go-through. Reminds me of KF-Brewery from KF1.

• Options
    Couldn't find a viable match earlier on the new map.

• Options
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Couldn't find a viable match earlier on the new map.

Can't find matches that are not on this map.

Map is great though. Finally a reason to move off showing teammates cloaked enemies, vs night vision.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just got this game in the Steam Summer Sale. Liked the first one. Played a bit with friends. I played one or two games in KF2 and it just seems vastly improved (well, graphics wise). Can't wait to sit down and just shoot all the monsters.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    My favorite improvement so far is the hitboxes. Hands down.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    bought this finally during the sale. will be hopping on in between witcher 3 sessions

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, it seems pretty easy to get headshots. I'm liking that.

Last game I played, I was the last person alive vs the boss of the final wave. Someone typed out something like, "You got this, bro! We believe in you." I immediately died. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    There's an article up on nvidia's website/tech blog thing? from last week about some new physics system that's going to be coming to KF2. Obviously it's inclusion is only to make the game even gorier: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/killing-floor-2-gore-goes-next-gen-with-nvidia-gameworks-physx-flex

Looks pretty rad.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    MegaMek wrote: »
    There's an article up on nvidia's website/tech blog thing? from last week about some new physics system that's going to be coming to KF2. Obviously it's inclusion is only to make the game even gorier: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/killing-floor-2-gore-goes-next-gen-with-nvidia-gameworks-physx-flex

Looks pretty rad.

Instantly regretting not picking this up in the steam sale...

• Options
    Campy wrote: »
    MegaMek wrote: »

Looks pretty rad.

Instantly regretting not picking this up in the steam sale...

I know the feeling. Take comfort in the fact that steam will have more sales. It is a universal constant.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    At the very latest, the usual October horror sale seems like a safe bet.

Oh how I've come to take Steam Sales for granted...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    It'll go on sale again and with any luck, it'll be marked down even more. On top of that, it's an early access game. A lot more content should come out between now and the next time it's on sale - I think they've stated that two classes are coming out at the same time fairly soon and classes are something this game really needs for the time being.

It's fun now in its current state but I really want to be able to mass explode everything with more than just a shotgun. If you aren't obstructing everyone's view you're not playing a real class.

butts
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The primary reason I didn't buy it during the Summer Sale was because it was an early access game.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Which two classes? I strongly miss being the guy who can singlehandedly take out every scrake and FP with one headshot on the lower difficulties.

• Options
    I need my LAR, Tripwire.

Need it bad.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    The primary reason I didn't buy it during the Summer Sale was because it was an early access game.

it's really unfortunate how badly Early Access has been poisoned by the seemingly endless supply of awful abuses of the whole concept :(

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN