As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Cats on Damage Taken

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    after ripping my latest Incinitank (to a strongbox. fuck those things.) I'm back off the wagon again. MK_VIII is go.

can I just say that having a 79 life Perandus and a perfect-rolled Atziri's Foible (thanks to 2 Blessed Orbs) makes the early game a zillion times easier?

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Ugh. I hate the Zana missions with the 'kill 176 corrupted data does in a minute' objective. There's plenty of time, but there"s always those last four fucking dudes I just can not find before time runs out.

I could also use some help from you guys theory crafting my tri-totem build. I'm not all that comfortable with ES levels and I'm not sure I can effectively stack block so I'm not sure how well this will turn out. Right now I'm tentatively looking at a hybrid build like this, which would take a few too many levels. I'm not sure where to cut, or if going hybrid is even viable especially with pretty much zero armor or ES and no block nodes.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I would seriously consider two totems, the stacking curses are a major drawback, and you'll be repositioning totems a lot, which counts as a totem 'death'.

Ignore me if you've played one before and are fine with it!

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Also, it's a level 14 spell totem which is essentially no hp on it once you start mapping.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Is there hiddi g HP scaling by level? I played around with it and didn't see anything. Not too worried about the curses; they're so situational a random one won't universally be a death sentence and if it does roll badly I can wash it by just tossing another totem.

• Options
    ...the stacking curses are a major drawback...

Every time you recast, or a totem is killed, you'll get a new level 20 curse on you, and they stack. It's not trivial.

I think totems scale like monsters/monster levels, in some way, so a level 14 totem will have less hp, but I don't know if it'll be a problem.

• Options
    So it's just case #92747161496 in PoE of "that looks cool! I'll...oh wait never mind its fucking horrible and the drawbacks make it impossible."

I don't know why I expected anything else at this point, that's kinda all there is to PoE.

• Options
    It's not unplayable or anything, but I just found it too annoying at length, in terms of quality of life, really.

Do a dual shockwave totem build, it's fun.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    So it's just case #92747161496 in PoE of "that looks cool! I'll...oh wait never mind its fucking horrible and the drawbacks make it impossible."

I don't know why I expected anything else at this point, that's kinda all there is to PoE.

It'd be a good addon to a classic summoner/necromancer build though where the idea is to never get hit or get into the action and let your minions do all the work. I could see 3 totems being an awesome addition then.

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Uurgh I died today. Had recently crafted a pretty sweet 5L Harbinger bow as well :/
    If I play in the next league, I won't be using Tornado shot for end game, back to split arrow + chain it is.

I have never been close to one shotting myself from reflect before, but something about the strongbox I opened made it so. Probibly vuln curse or something the same moment my tornado shot got a crit in the pack.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    I thought there was no way I would die to a pack with tornado shot linked to GMP, 17k evasion, Ondar's Guile and 4.1khp.

Seems the crit damage from tornado is just that much higher then split arrows.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    JihadJesus wrote: »

It'd be a good addon to a classic summoner/necromancer build though where the idea is to never get hit or get into the action and let your minions do all the work. I could see 3 totems being an awesome addition then.
    I think that would have been a lot more viable back with triple shock stacking, and even then you're not really gaining over a single totem. I though about trying to split with another proxy damage like summons or traps but it just doesn't really seem viable. Needs too many points.

Really irks me that the meta seems to be exclusively 'get cloak/coil for multiple exalts, then stack block/spell block for multiple exalts, or go the fuck home'.

I think I may just say fuck it and go max DPS full glass cannon, low life pain attunement and everything. Its not like there's a down side to deaths after level 80 anyway since its practically impossible to level up regardless and I think I could conceivably hit that with an insanely glassy build.

• Options
    As long as you run the right maps, levelling a summoner is insanely easy. You're never in the action and, at least for the witch start, you can get all the summoner nodes by level 60/start of merciless act 3 that every point after that is pure window dressing.

• Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    I always have the hardest time trying to actually level a summoner. As In I never get past normal Dominus. Then again I always try to level something like that first in a new league so lack of gear and what not?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Gear helps, but for dom you either need to be way over leveled or be in a group. Preferably in a group. His attacks will take out your zombies and spectres consistently faster than you can spawn them, and without the minions you're no better than about a quarter of your level.

Gear just lets me get a few more zombies and spectres, but if I didn't have the gear it wouldn't be too bad.

Edit: for the piece of armor this discussion spawned from, I would put ragingspirit+echo+fast cast+mion damage+long duration+fire pen in that order if I could get it up to a six link. Send the zombies in and spawn the totem between the zombies and me. Wouldnt really need to get the extra totem passive either.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just got a Lightning Coil. Why are they so coveted? I get that you can greatly reduce lightning damage to almost non existent with the right purity, so managing big hits with the physical to lightning is a good thing?

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    Lightning coil is the meta because percentage litigation for big physical hits might as well not exist in this fame for most builds, and coil is one of a tiny handful of ways to get it.

• Options
    A guy on the forums did an extensive study on MF, and published this infographic as part of his report:

rundominuse.jpg

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    A guy on the forums did an extensive study on MF, and published this infographic as part of his report:

rundominuse.jpg

Linky link to the post?

• Options
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Who the hell has IIQ other than dudes in standard.

also, was looking for a spell echo gem and wasn't having any luck in trade chat. Was about to just give up and get one off poexyz for 5 ch, when a dude says he's selling all gems and to pst him. I ask if he has spell echo and he sells it to me for 50 alts. Gotta be patient for those deals!

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Ive got like 3 or 4 at this point. Didn't realize people wanted so much for them.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Rofflor wrote: »
    Uurgh I died today. Had recently crafted a pretty sweet 5L Harbinger bow as well :/
    If I play in the next league, I won't be using Tornado shot for end game, back to split arrow + chain it is.

I have never been close to one shotting myself from reflect before, but something about the strongbox I opened made it so. Probibly vuln curse or something the same moment my tornado shot got a crit in the pack.

I died to reflect on a 67 map with that build. Luckily I play Rampage ;)

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    I *think* I've come around to going cast on crit with my next build. Unfortunately I think that means I need to strand my witch and level a shadow, the witch is pretty far from the acro/spell acro/ondars I think I want to run. That dual curse is tempting though...

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Anyone else trying to play tonight? Im getting 2-3 second lag spikes constantly on my lan connection that wasn't there previously. Im hoping its not me.
    *Edit* Nope its me. I have about zero upload right now. Something funny happening in my neighborhood.

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    so I just ran into these things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL4NnkzZch8

well played, PoE

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So I take it the new unique in Act 2 is one of those?

Ok, I need to finally give them my $20 and get some premium stash tabs cause that alone is worth it

Veevee on
  • Options
    Ok, I need to finally give them my $20 and get some premium stash tabs cause that alone is worth it

They also banned GCPMan.

GGG
    • Produces good content
    • Is actively involved with the community
    • Bans known botters / currency flippers

I'm waiting for the gaming community to realize GGG deserves their money.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »

They also banned GCPMan.

GGG
    • Produces good content
    • Is actively involved with the community
    • Bans known botters / currency flippers

I'm waiting for the gaming community to realize GGG deserves their money.

In my case at least, I always plan to give them some money every paycheck but then it comes down to giving GGG money or getting food/gas/other requirements of modern life. Finally got some overtime giving me some spending cash and I've now got $20 earmarked for GGG.

If I could I'd give them all my monies

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    If the MTX things weren't so damn expensive I'd buy them. Otherwise I've bought all the stash tabs I'll ever need, and that's all I'm giving them money for.

• Options
    If the MTX things weren't so damn expensive I'd buy them. Otherwise I've bought all the stash tabs I'll ever need, and that's all I'm giving them money for.
    I finally found a reasonable cost MTX I'll actually use: skin transfers. Start at like $.50 each and I don't have to look like an escaped mental patient anymore? Deal.

I also finally started making some cureecy. Near 30 chaos which was exalt territory but apparently chaos are dropping. Also found my first item worth selling, an Alpha's Howl. Prices seem to be all over the board on PoE.trade for it though so no idea how to go about selling the damn thing.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Depending on the rolls, Alpha's are 25-30c on rampage.

• Options
    Found a drillneck, which I see is going for something like 7ex on poe.trade, while also finding out the kill count in Rampage seems to stops counting at 1000.

did a Dried lake map with sea witches and +50% pack size. 4 Tentacled spectres with GMP+LMP+Minion dmg (+78%) and liberal use of vaal skeleton took out everything on the map in under 5 minutes. Also found a 15% quality projectile dmg that could fit right in.

Anyone in Rampage want a Drillneck for cheap?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Yes, but I totally can't afford it.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Depending on the rolls, Alpha's are 25-30c on rampage.

Mind's 97/100 on evasion and 29/30 on cold resist, so it's well rolled. I'm in standard though and the b/o prices vary by like seriously 10 exalts and I have no idea how that happens.

• Options
    Found a drillneck, which I see is going for something like 7ex on poe.trade, while also finding out the kill count in Rampage seems to stops counting at 1000.

did a Dried lake map with sea witches and +50% pack size. 4 Tentacled spectres with GMP+LMP+Minion dmg (+78%) and liberal use of vaal skeleton took out everything on the map in under 5 minutes. Also found a 15% quality projectile dmg that could fit right in.

Anyone in Rampage want a Drillneck for cheap?

@Veevee

Yes Yes Yes God Yes Yes Please Yes

Or, at least, I'd like to put it on to see how much it increases my DPS.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    sure, I just want a Vis Mortis for it, specifically this one with a buyout of 4ex. If you can't swing that, I'll take any that are on the market if you'd throw a couple jewelers and maybe a fusing or two at it.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Whoops, forgot the @_J_ tags

I wont be home to do the trade until after midnight central, but I might be able to convince my SO who's home to do it if you can't make it that late.

Veevee on
  • Options
    sure, I just want a Vis Mortis for it, specifically this one with a buyout of 4ex. If you can't swing that, I'll take any that are on the market if you'd throw a couple jewelers and maybe a fusing or two at it.

Cool. I'll see what I can do.

Mind if I try it on sometime? I'd like to see what the numbers do.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »

Cool. I'll see what I can do.

Mind if I try it on sometime? I'd like to see what the numbers do.

Sure, hit me up whenever I'm on. Usually playing my summoning witch, SuperAwesomeLoveMuffin but I can be found through the guild, too.