As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Cats on Damage Taken

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    discharge is a spell

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Rofflor wrote: »
    Slow attack speed, low crit chance. It's fine.

Which doesn't matter much because it'll primarily be used as a caster weapon. 6% leech that isn't tied to attacks is great, up to 396% crit chance is great, and the flask recharge has the potential to be nuts. Only real downside is no shield slot.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    it lets you have surgeon's diamond flasks, and surgeon's unique flasks

which sounds like it has the potential to be completely busted

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I can see using it with Lavianga's to maintain the expensive stuff like Cyclone or Dom Blow.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    you would never use the scythe with a melee attack though, the surgeon's flask effect would be useless with a base 5% crit chance

you could use it to maintain expensive spells

also atziri's is a huge damage buff + leech, rumi's to gain block, etc

btw is the new skill tree up? the one on the site doesnt seem different
    this is supposedly it https://mega.co.nz/#!jdMRiSgL!rh86L-YFNaIx60B_DdRbeD0nQl0pxxRLuGtn6HxeUgg

or this https://poebuilder.com/

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    wands look buff

also looks like spell crit is stronger

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Mortal Conviction at 50% reduced mana reserve, instead of 40%, is interesting.

Not sure if that makes it good enough to use...but is a step in the right direction.

• Options
    it seems like the overall number of general crit nodes was reduced, but it evens out because my total crit is still the same

hopefully molten strike gets its mana cost reduced

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Down right bottom - Revelry
    +2 mana for each enemy hit by your attacks
    +10 mana on kill

• Options
    edited August 2014
    got an atziri's flask for 6 jewellers, i guess theyre really useless right now

gonna be dope with that new scythe though

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Sion life wheel is buffed proportionally.
    This bodes well, as I'm thinking of starting her, assuming I don't just go do ES+life again as a result of the changes.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I'm happy they added cold penetration to one of the big cold damage nodes, in my opinion the number one thing holding cold spells back is that almost all of the annoying or dangerous monsters in the game are highly cold resistant. At bit more than 2% would be nice, but eh.

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Where is the mind drinker node? :S

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    It's still in the shadow area, right near ghost reaver

• Options
    Well, they fixed mana nodes and buffed cooldown reduction big time. Getting better than ~3 sec ES cooldowns is no longer crazy or hard.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I'm kind of annoyed that they're nerfing Clarity. I get why they're doing, but it's just an annoying quality of life reduction.

Generally pretty pleased with everything else, though.

EDIT: I guess it's just a higher reservation cost. That's just silly.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    well if the cost of skills is lowered enough, it shouldnt have much of an impact

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I thought a nerf to clarity was basically their way of forcing AA users to actually get a bit more regen from the tree, and sort of earn it, but if it's just a slightly higher reservation cost (I think 100-150 or so at level 20?), that's going to effect such a tiny, tiny amount of builds. So it seems kind of pointless.

And yeah, some builds will possibly stop running it entirely. I'm hoping they'll have really lowered cost on some skills.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    It sounds more like they're cracking down on the aura-stacking Shavronne's Eye of Crown builds wielding Mirrored perfect daggers.
    Patchwork Frakenstein monsters crafted from every high-tier power unique that stacked all of the auras.

There was much bru-ha-ha about that.
    And given the dev intention to make auras more build-specific and specialized, I can't say it should be surprising.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    It's so incredibly easy to get %ES now. I've got 400% increased and the 15% more node on a level 70 CI build. That's like 10k ES on 1-2ex worth of gear.
    Hell, it might actually be possible to go CI somewhere in Cruel, especially if you can use masters to buff up good ES gear you find.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Man so arc is getting nerfed, what? I always heard it was pretty under powered. I guess they're nerfing how many times it can chain? Are there patchnotes out anywhere?

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    OK, Ice Spear has apparently been buffed by 80 something %, so new plan is self cast Ice Spear.

Level 72 Build
    The Dream Level 100

• Options
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Man so arc is getting nerfed, what? I always heard it was pretty under powered. I guess they're nerfing how many times it can chain? Are there patchnotes out anywhere?

There's no patch notes, but the Taiwanese just got their game launch and they have 1.2 early. Some people are posting changes as they find them, like this thread on Reddit.

Arc is doing roughly 15% less dmg, which is fine because it got buffed mid Invasion/Ambush and became incredibly good.

• Options
    It sounds more like they're cracking down on the aura-stacking Shavronne's Eye of Crown builds wielding Mirrored perfect daggers.
    Patchwork Frakenstein monsters crafted from every high-tier power unique that stacked all of the auras.

There was much bru-ha-ha about that.
    And given the dev intention to make auras more build-specific and specialized, I can't say it should be surprising.

A lot of those builds aren't going to be terribly weakened by a minor reservation boost.

But yes, they are generally looking at auras- Wrath and Anger are being nerfed a bit, for example. 20-ish%.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    It'd be kind of cool to come back and play this again....but man did the rest of my life suffer!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    i cant handle this
    http://youtu.be/KgAHPStmBww

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Hell, with the way life and es nodes compare now, it might even be the better choice to grab a 5L Lorica and start mapping as lowlife.

• Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    Yeah im kind of interested to try that. I have a lorica, and a low-life elemental wander with disciplin and decent ES gear + aura nodes should have a decent life pool either way. Not as good as shave, but decent.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    And if standard is the preferable new league, lowlife builds might be viable and fun.

• Options
    The other league sounds better:
    Players in the Beyond League will have to deal with a race of extradimensional demons invading Wraeclast. When you kill monsters in close proximity to one another, small portals start to open; get enough of those open together, and a larger portal opens up, spawning more powerful monsters. If those happen close together, an even larger portal opens up, complete with a unique boss that's designed to be extremely difficult to kill.

• Options
    looks like i can gain around 200% more crit with the new tree

some nodes i overlooked earlier

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

You should know that CoC has been GG nerfed: http://i.imgur.com/5BsSzU0.jpg

50% at level 1 to 30%.

• Options
    Grislo wrote: »
    Players in the Beyond League will have to deal with a race of extradimensional demons invading Wraeclast. When you kill monsters in close proximity to one another, small portals start to open; get enough of those open together, and a larger portal opens up, spawning more powerful monsters. If those happen close together, an even larger portal opens up, complete with a unique boss that's designed to be extremely difficult to kill.

Seems like this might have a similar problem to the chests. With lag / spawn deaths.

Still a neat idea, though.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »

You should know that CoC has been GG nerfed: http://i.imgur.com/5BsSzU0.jpg

50% at level 1 to 30%.
    preorder canceled for real

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    _J_ wrote: »

Seems like this might have a similar problem to the chests. With lag / spawn deaths.

Sounds annoying. Like well-intentioned Invaders, but with the obligation that you've got to keep pulling packs around if you don't feel like dealing with the specials.
    Being that clear speed is the gold standard of this game . . .

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

Sounds annoying. Like well-intentioned Invaders, but with the obligation that you've got to keep pulling packs around if you don't feel like dealing with the specials.
    Being that clear speed is the gold standard of this game . . .

want clear speed? deal with bosses

don't want bosses? clear more slowly

serves the same purpose as Invaders, except less random. works for me. Invaders could slow you down, force you to ignore a large part of a map, force you to restart a map entirely, or just not present much of a problem

I like the choice. if you want to clear fast, you have to deal with the bosses.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Still annoying. Just because I can adapt around the choices doesn't mean I won't be annoyed by it.

Just like pre-nerf Invaders.
    So while it sounds like a challenge on paper, in practice, most people just skipped Invaders and it just stopped being content.

And that's what makes me leery about this. That it'll just end up being a thing that most people skip, at some particular pains. As far as I'm aware, GGG still doesn't have a beta testing environment.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    im actually moderately excited to play this game again, with all the changes + character resets

maybe the coc nerf wont be so bad... maybe....

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    If it's a flat 20% nerf at all levels, you go from 88% to 68% proc chance for a level 20 gem, which is 77% of the original damage assuming all other things equal.