As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boot drives [solved]

Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
edited August 2014 in Help / Advice Forum
Edit: okay. I guess I pulled the data cable out of the dvd drive when I pulled the hdd (spaghetti city inside).
Why does the mobo show some generic cd drive? I'm trying to delete this. I'm on mobile thought.

I'm trying to get a fresh install going for a friend of mine on their old rig. I had prepared a boot drive with the appropriate iso on it. Nothing I hadn't done before.
Except the windows usb program available from MS is currently down on their site. I used Rufus (which I've used before). The rig (p7p55d mobo) would not detect the USB drive. I plugged in another drive and it was recognized on boot. I tried the boot drive on another computer and it worked.
I updated the bios and still no joy from the USB.
I burned a DVD boot disc and still nothing. In boot order it shows "removable device" "xxxx CD drive" and the harddrive. I'm assuming removable device is some generic term? Because when I had the other USB in it would show it.
When you go into boot options, it only ever shows the HDD. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
This discussion has been closed.