As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Worlds has started, keep spoilers in tags!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    The way Viktor's ult sticks to you without his input is super annoying holy fuck get off me he died already shit

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yeah nu viktor owns

his lichbane q is deletion city

that shits about 800 damage at 300ap

his chaos storm following the first enemy it damages rekks and the summon damage is beast

full rotation on a stunned target is like...3x ap + nutso base, not even counting very many storm ticks

is niec

very vulnerable to el gonkaroonies and diving tho

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    3eevas5ov4pe.jpg

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    There are some amazing gifs still being made.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistinctExhaustedEasternglasslizard.gif

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    So I realized that I'm pretty bad at assassins.

I decided when mid to start playing control mages. Bought Anivia.

Holy shit bird is stronk

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    She's not what she used to be - there's actual competition in raw AP/sec output. Her ultimate is a glorious anti-ADC tool though. Good slow to wreck positioning and a debuff to attack speed. It's like Randuins+Glacial. At range. Doing damage.

And the wall. Still one of the craziest skills in the game.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    My build has basically been "All the stacking items and pimp cup"

RoA, Archangeal's, Cup. After that I've always won the game so I don't even know where to go after that.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    So I realized that I'm pretty bad at assassins.

I decided when mid to start playing control mages. Bought Anivia.

Holy shit bird is stronk

Bird's stronk, but she's got Karthus/Swain level AA, needs a metric ton of mana, and is crazy immobile.

• Options
    New patch, new winrates to over-analyze:

Rammus: 60% win rate

This is crazy and I'm guessing it to be a bug of some kind. The change they put in was a nice buff for him but I don't understand how it would have given him a 5% win rate increase.

Sona: 54% win rate

Her bug fix is a nice buff and she's a very strong solo queue support now.

Nidalee: 43% win rate

Nerfs were pretty big, but probably deserved. She may be a decent pick for competitive but I don't think she's great in solo queue anymore.

Azir: 39%-40% win rate

Not sure exactly why but Azir's low win rate has been constant. Usually with new champs their win rate steadily climbs, but Azir hasn't followed that pattern. Not sure if it's because he's just super hard to play or what. Itemization seems like it may be a problem since people like to rush Nashor's on him but his low base attack speed might make that inefficient. I could see Riot eventually overbuffing him like they often do with high skill cap champs.

• Options
    It's a combination of his ability to always be out of mana and his attack speed being by far the lowest in the game despite his kit requiring it for damage.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    It's a combination of his ability to always be out of mana and his attack speed being by far the lowest in the game despite his kit requiring it for damage.

His kit isstill pretty cool, I'm not sure why they havent number tweaked yet.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Azir's early game is horrible. And while his damage is just stupid later on his shotgun range and non-burstiness is a problem.

I can't quite explain it. With zed/syndra/yasuo, their adc/mid/starved tank is gunna geddit, even if you die after and can't escape you,ve done your job.

Azir doesn't promise that kill yet still needs to be close to be effective. And if you build tank you're kinda meh.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It's because they still have to be mindful of his best case scenario which is Azir with 4+ items and 5 people caught within the range of 4 soldiers and stuck there because you have an Amumu and Sona or something.

When the planets and enemies align he does ridiculous damage.... if.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    It's because they still have to be mindful of his best case scenario which is Azir with 4+ items and 5 people caught within the range of 4 soldiers and stuck there because you have an Amumu and Sona or something.

When the planets and enemies align he does ridiculous damage.... if.

You also have to be mindful of Poppy with 4+ items, it doesn't make her playable though.

• Options
    I think it's stupid what they did to Azir, just giving what I think is their reason for it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Azir got nerfed too hard through PBE. Orianna but worse in every way, such that you're totally useless if you don't manage to get ahead.

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Somebody made a spreadsheet listing the stats of the Group Stage.
    I think it's probably safe to say that Zilean, Lee, Mao and maybe Kha are going to get smacked around with the nerf bat something fierce once this is all over.

It also looks to me like champion diversity really is still pretty low. Eleven champions were picked or banned in over half of all the games each?

I think nerfing Lee and Kha'zix would be a huge mistake from Riot. They aren't broken champs, they just see more play than the rest of the jungles because they're by far the most useful. Jarvan is really terrible if he doesn't snowball early and his flagtoss is ridiculously hard to land now. Elise becomes a walking stun past the early game. Only Rengar is really competitive with Lee and Kha but you have to build a team around him to make him work. As for the rest of the junglers, they really just can't even compare with the top tier picks at all. I would be much happier if they just buffed some other junglers instead.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    his soldiers should attack turrets

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    They are clearly terrified of Azir going wild, so they gut him on PBE and will probably buff him bit by bit each patch as long as no one is crying OP.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    I think it's probably safe to say that Zilean, Lee, Mao and maybe Kha are going to get smacked around with the nerf bat something fierce once this is all over.

It also looks to me like champion diversity really is still pretty low. Eleven champions were picked or banned in over half of all the games each?

I think nerfing Lee and Kha'zix would be a huge mistake from Riot. They aren't broken champs, they just see more play than the rest of the jungles because they're by far the most useful. Jarvan is really terrible if he doesn't snowball early and his flagtoss is ridiculously hard to land now. Elise becomes a walking stun past the early game. Only Rengar is really competitive with Lee and Kha but you have to build a team around him to make him work. As for the rest of the junglers, they really just can't even compare with the top tier picks at all. I would be much happier if they just buffed some other junglers instead.

I love KZ, but he feels pretty broken right now.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    his soldiers should attack turrets

I don't think that would be good. It would allow him to deal damage to people on turret with impunity or deal damage to the turret with impunity, since his soldiers are untargetable.

Like, usually if you're standing behind a turret, they have to be in danger of said turret to deal damage to you. I don't think any non-ult ability can zone you away from one side of a turret while being on the other side of the turret out of range.

• Options
    They are clearly terrified of Azir going wild, so they gut him on PBE and will probably buff him bit by bit each patch as long as no one is crying OP.

Honestly, I don't mind this too much. Better that they release a champion at garbage tier and bring it up to a respectable level rather than release a broken godtier champion and slowly bring it down, after early adoptors spend a few weeks crushing ranked with the kit. Since getting new kit balance right immediately out of the gate for any champion is an obvious pipe dream, I'll take the former every time.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Khazix will always be strong in soloqueue because he's good at punishing poor positioning. If they're looking to balance around competitive play, nerfing him and Lee won't do much to help the other junglers, who will remain just as terrible as they are now.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Cyrenic wrote: »

This is crazy and I'm guessing it to be a bug of some kind. The change they put in was a nice buff for him but I don't understand how it would have given him a 5% win rate increase.

Nerfs were pretty big, but probably deserved. She may be a decent pick for competitive but I don't think she's great in solo queue anymore.

Not sure exactly why but Azir's low win rate has been constant. Usually with new champs their win rate steadily climbs, but Azir hasn't followed that pattern. Not sure if it's because he's just super hard to play or what. Itemization seems like it may be a problem since people like to rush Nashor's on him but his low base attack speed might make that inefficient. I could see Riot eventually overbuffing him like they often do with high skill cap champs.

Rammus has been my go to jungle the past week. He is hilariously effective.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Can I sona again? Because sona has always been my best support. I realize I could have before the rework, but I didn't want to die to a stiff breeze and a caster minion.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    SpoonySpoony Registered User regular

KZ has scaling, gank potential and good clear. I'd probably say he's the best jungler right now if you have a tanky top laner. Lee is still a playmaker with his kicks and mobility, plus you can easily build sightstone on him.

The trouble is that the rest of the potential junglers basically get to pick two of what KZ has. You get J4 pretty much for the dunks, Nunu for vision/objective control and Rengar for assassination potential. Elise gets blown the fuck up if you build her damage and if you go tank, she's a cocoon machine. After those, who do you have? Nocturne, Rammus, Vi, Pantheon and Eve? Vi and Nocturne have the same problems as Elise; build damage and get blown up or build tank and get ignored. Panth falls off a cliff late game. Rammus has probably the best clear of the tanky junglers after Amumu, but it's still slow and he isn't a big threat by himself.

Buffing Quillcoat/Ancient Golem would probably help, but it wouldn't improve that first clear. I would love to see a return of Jungle Mundo and Jungle Shyvana.

• Options
    Roz wrote: »

Any idea why his win rate is so crazy right now? Was the Q/W buff that good?

The last time I remember a 60% win rate was when Hiemer had a bug with his turrets.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Spoony wrote: »

KZ has scaling, gank potential and good clear. I'd probably say he's the best jungler right now if you have a tanky top laner. Lee is still a playmaker with his kicks and mobility, plus you can easily build sightstone on him.

The trouble is that the rest of the potential junglers basically get to pick two of what KZ has. You get J4 pretty much for the dunks, Nunu for vision/objective control and Rengar for assassination potential. Elise gets blown the fuck up if you build her damage and if you go tank, she's a cocoon machine. After those, who do you have? Nocturne, Rammus, Vi, Pantheon and Eve? Vi and Nocturne have the same problems as Elise; build damage and get blown up or build tank and get ignored. Panth falls off a cliff late game. Rammus has probably the best clear of the tanky junglers after Amumu, but it's still slow and he isn't a big threat by himself.

Buffing Quillcoat/Ancient Golem would probably help, but it wouldn't improve that first clear. I would love to see a return of Jungle Mundo and Jungle Shyvana.

What about Amumu? You leaving him out makes him even sadder, you know.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Rammus win rates have always been very high... he hovered 55-57% well before the patch, but he's picked so infrequently. His pick rate has actually gone down since the patch. I guess those Rammus mains are just really tearing it up.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    played a couple of team builder azir games

it's so hard to know how he really feels until you take a spin in ranked tho, no idea what my tb elo is

anyway, I crushed an ori mid with him

and I went 2/0/1 with him in lane as support, but we ended up losing that game

after two games I think his early game seems weak and you have to have a chalice on him

and that he does more dmg than people expect

• Options

The last time I remember a 60% win rate was when Hiemer had a bug with his turrets.

Not sure. Nothing feels out of place or exceptionally strong. I have noticed a higher incidence of teams that go something like:

Talon/Zed mid
    Kha Jungle
    Nid/Lee/Renekton top

Against those teams he can straight up just rush a thornmail and wreck dudes. I've done that a number of games in a row.

• Options
    I wonder how much of it is people having just completely forgotten what Rammus is capable of, considering how long it has been since he was actually an active pick.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options

Not sure. Nothing feels out of place or exceptionally strong. I have noticed a higher incidence of teams that go something like:

Talon/Zed mid
    Kha Jungle
    Nid/Lee/Renekton top

Against those teams he can straight up just rush a thornmail and wreck dudes. I've done that a number of games in a row.

WIth the prevalence of AD picks everywhere, Taric is also a really strong counter pick to comps. I run him at over a 70% winrate in ranked.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Better that they release a champion at garbage tier and bring it up to a respectable level rather than release a broken godtier champion and slowly bring it down

Aatrox is still waiting patiently for his time in the sun.

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Better that they release a champion at garbage tier and bring it up to a respectable level rather than release a broken godtier champion and slowly bring it down

Fredy122 exists therefore Aatrox shall never be touched :rotate:

• Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Yeah since Zed came back I've run into a lot of teams who think an all AD comp is a good idea.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options

I don't know who that is and therefor reject your assertion.

• Options
    I mean really

using that logic we should cripple Ezreal because Talith exists

Get outta here with that crap

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Buff Nunu

• Options

Yeah I mean, Aatrox has seen multiple competitive games this season.