As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

YouTube's the next contestant!

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Teasers are now at least a minute long.

Yeah CD there are fucking STANDARDS to uphold here

if we start accepting under-minute teasers now then who knows where it ends

Do you want to go to the salt mines? Because I don't.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    That's like 10% of a trailer.

it is what is commonly referred to as a "teaser"

And Panda was doing a thing commonly referred to as a "reference."

IKknkhU.gif
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    That wasn't even a teaser trailer. That was a trailer teaser for the trailer that comes out on Thursday. Come on people, we've been through this song and dance a million times before. First you get the announcement that they are announcing something in a week, then the announcement about the teaser trailer, then the trailer teaser, then the actual teaser trailer (if it hasn't been leaked already) then the full trailer! We've got to keep milking this cow until there is just dust coming out!

steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Not youtube but...

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365030354/
    It's been said that money is the root of all evil. Does money make people more likely to lie, cheat and steal? Economics correspondent Paul Solman reports on new research from the University of California, Berkeley about how wealth and inequality affects us psychologically.

What was actually said is that desire for money is the root of all evil.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I was complaining. Teaser trailers are best kept short and sweet. The first teaser was perfect. The second could probably have stood have 5 more seconds of content.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_xFOmYxKYw&list=PL96675BDF95286773

The new ERB is legos

For some reason?

I like it though!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Sometimes...the source Filmaker community comes up with some amazing gems (see the saxxy awards for example)...other times....

Well I guess the message in this case that /Mackey "Dr..Dr-Drugs are bad, mmkay?"

http://youtu.be/Ayx8K8fDKt8

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    The most terrifying tornado footage EVER. This horrific EF4 hit Washington Illinois late in the season last year and was moving an astonishing 70 mph. Had it been moving slower it would have produced EF5 damage and the family in the footage may not have made it. This video is not for the feint of heart and is very emotional so watch at your own discretion.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Holy shit. Those houses are just gone. I'm glad that couple made it out ok.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    That's the crazy thing about tornadoes, they're so localized that you can watch them safely just before they hit you and then not even 10 seconds after they destroy your house, everything is peaceful again. Crazy!

EDIT: Even more haunting is the sirens that you hear at the end! Jeeeez.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    Not youtube but...

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365030354/
    It's been said that money is the root of all evil. Does money make people more likely to lie, cheat and steal? Economics correspondent Paul Solman reports on new research from the University of California, Berkeley about how wealth and inequality affects us psychologically.

What was actually said is that desire for money is the root of all evil.

also, interesting: it was the old King James translation that said "the root of all evil". subsequent modern translations such as the English Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, and the New King James Version have translated the phrase more like "the root of all kinds of evil"

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Okay, someone level with me here as I don't know much about this fellow.

Is the way the guy on Jimquisition dresses some kind of big inside joke or something? Or... or is... is that how he actually dresses in earnest?

Edit: To be clear I don't mean the wrapping in that video, as I get it is poking fun at the new sonic game. I mean the ill fitting suit and the hat and the red glasses.

Inquisitor on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Okay, someone level with me here as I don't know much about this fellow.

Is the way the guy on Jimquisition dresses some kind of big inside joke or something? Or... or is... is that how he actually dresses in earnest?

Edit: To be clear I don't mean the wrapping in that video, as I get it is poking fun at the new sonic game. I mean the ill fitting suit and the hat and the red glasses.

That's how he dresses in the vids, have no idea in real life.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the tinted prescription glasses are real, the rest of the get-up is a shtick

here's him talking with patrick klepek dressed like an actual person

http://youtu.be/hyvhG0wXtCQ

Thanks! I can now attempt to take what he is saying seriously.

• DeansDeans Registered User regular
    It's definitely a persona he puts on, but I have no idea why he thinks that particular persona is a good idea.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    eh, it works for some people, myself included

It instantly made me jump to Nice Guy (tm), fedora tipping m'lady reddit type and made me want to "nope" right out of his video.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC5BGFGnMQU

Dslyecxi playing Insurgency.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_xFOmYxKYw&list=PL96675BDF95286773

The new ERB is legos

For some reason?

I like it though!

oh man

this one is delightful

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

b1ehrMM.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

And now I've gotta go find the YouTube video for that song at the end and not post it here at all.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

"I was having a pirate and Ninja dream but the Ninja dream ended"

haaaaaaaaaa

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    monsterror wrote: »

And now I've gotta go find the YouTube video for that song at the end and not post it here at all.

I don't think it's a real song, like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZHwGnGrm_k

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    No, wait, it actually is a parody song.

b1ehrMM.gif
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trg5uaQ73cc

That is a beauty of a preview image.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • armageddonboundarmageddonbound Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on all this GG stuff, but whenever someone complains about how "NOT ALL GAMERGATERS" are harassing women, and are constantly touting the "ethics in games journalism" shtick, all I can think of is what are they actually doing about it? I don't see or hear about any of these people trying to fix anything about "games journalism."

And I especially don't see anyone trying to distance themselves from the more extreme examples of their group.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2nb3hw/important_update_the_ftc_heard_our_complaints/

"In terms of the FTC, we are trying to alert them to the fact that Gawker Media and presumably others embed many of their product reviews and news articles with for-profit affiliate links (such as Amazon Associates). This creates a conflict of interest whereby Gawker Media receives a percentage of sales from an embedded (and undisclosed) Amazon.com link for a product they review.
    Well, the FTC has heard the complaints from consumers about the lack of disclosure for affiliate links as well other disclosure-related issues and are planning to release revised guidelines around these very same concerns. They are working on them now and they should be released next year. These revised guidelines will make clear about what must be disclosed to consumers. It will also further clarify guidelines for YouTube personalities and perhaps others."

armageddonbound on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    oh hey

you finally found a question you feel like answering

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So dancing with the starts just had some people doing Super Mario Bros.

Rest assured we'll see some vids of that popping up real soon.

There's a couple up already, but I don't post recordings of TV screens via iPhone.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on all this GG stuff, but whenever someone complains about how "NOT ALL GAMERGATERS" are harassing women, and are constantly touting the "ethics in games journalism" shtick, all I can think of is what are they actually doing about it? I don't see or hear about any of these people trying to fix anything about "games journalism."

And I especially don't see anyone trying to distance themselves from the more extreme examples of their group.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2nb3hw/important_update_the_ftc_heard_our_complaints/

"In terms of the FTC, we are trying to alert them to the fact that Gawker Media and presumably others embed many of their product reviews and news articles with for-profit affiliate links (such as Amazon Associates). This creates a conflict of interest whereby Gawker Media receives a percentage of sales from an embedded (and undisclosed) Amazon.com link for a product they review.
    Well, the FTC has heard the complaints from consumers about the lack of disclosure for affiliate links as well other disclosure-related issues and are planning to release revised guidelines around these very same concerns. They are working on them now and they should be released next year. These revised guidelines will make clear about what must be disclosed to consumers. It will also further clarify guidelines for YouTube personalities and perhaps others."

We got a robot reply from a corporate email account, Our harassment is totally justified SEE!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Can you not post videos by known rapists please?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • armageddonboundarmageddonbound Registered User regular
    oh hey

you finally found a question you feel like answering
    Almost every post I make, when it comes to game journalism topics is one that answers a question. I am not able to spend hour after hour on a forum just to personally reply to everything mentioned.

• CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.