As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

YouTube's the next contestant!

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    In 500 million years when all evidence of our civilization have been completely destroyed, the Apollo landing sites and that spear will be the only evidence that our species ever existed.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    I just finished poking at the news for the day, so that's only about the ninth silliest thing I've run into this afternoon..

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    that is fucking stupid

I could have halfway appreciated the stupidity of it, if it was a lifesized replica of the spear.

Instead they're spending millions to ship out a plastic fork to the moon, so I can't even appreciate this fully as an Evangelion fan.

The giant robots they set up so they can be seen while driving in Japanese highways, that shit is fucking awesome.

This? Kind of a pointless waste of money that could have been used to make another highway robot.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    that is fucking stupid

it's evangelion, stupid goes without saying

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6jbjIA2TVQ
    The family you will see in the video below organized a wonderful surprise for their adopted daughter. The parents were matched for adoption with the blond girl via The Adoption Exchange, an organization that helps match adoptive parents with children in the foster care system. The girl lived in a different state when she was matched with her adoptive parents, so they traveled to meet her and the rest of her foster family. It was very evident to the parents that their adopted daughter was very close with her foster sister and missed her and worried about her while they were separated. For Christmas, the parents decided to fly in the foster sister for a visit and managed to keep it a secret until Christmas.

The sisters' reunion is simply beautiful, and it's clear in just a matter of seconds that they absolutely love and adore each other. What's even more spectacular about this family's story is that it doesn't just end with this Christmas surprise. The foster sister that was flown in to visit was approaching the age when she would be emancipated from the foster care system, but she did not feel as though she had a real family. When she expressed her desire to have a family to call her own during this visit, this wonderful and kind family decided to adopt her as an adult. A month later when the courts emancipated the older sister, she was adopted into the loving family she always wanted.

According to The Child Welfare Information Gateway, there were 399,546 in September of 2012. Further, 47% of these children, or approximately 187,787 children, were in non-relative foster homes. Though there are plenty of loving, kind, and compassionate foster parents within the system, this does not mean that the system does not have its flaws. The temporary nature of the system that allows for children to move homes multiple times can leave foster children feeling like they have nowhere to belong or call home. This can challenge their sense of self-worth and desirability, often times causing them to attribute each bad or wrong fit with a foster family to an intrinsic fault in themselves. This is devastating to the psychological development of the child and can leave them feeling like they have never and will never be good enough, that there is something inherently wrong with them, and that no one wants them or cares about them. When we see families like the one in the video below, it becomes so undeniably evident that a good match and a permanent adoption can really boost the confidence of a foster child.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    A few more hours of that and she'll be able to trade them in for some sweet plastic vampire teeth

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The tragedy of that video is that almost all toddlers lack the combination of intellectual capacity and social conditioning it takes to properly appreciate the sweetness of crime, the illicit thrill of a heist, that child is pleased but only in the way a bear is pleased to be snout-deep in honeycomb

• Options

It's a mobile suit! IT'S A GUNDAAAAAM!!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2015
    My saddest loss ever is letting someone borrow my boxed set of Gundam Wing and then never getting it back :(

edit: It was its last grand stand show.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    This actually made me smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjdaW5ufzbg

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    that is fucking stupid

I could have halfway appreciated the stupidity of it, if it was a lifesized replica of the spear.

Instead they're spending millions to ship out a plastic fork to the moon, so I can't even appreciate this fully as an Evangelion fan.

The giant robots they set up so they can be seen while driving in Japanese highways, that shit is fucking awesome.

This? Kind of a pointless waste of money that could have been used to make another highway robot.

to be fair, a lifesize replica of it would be enourmous and (literally?) weigh a ton

I could maybe see that being feasible if it were built on-site in a moonbase adjacent to a 2001 monolith or whatever, but sending it via spacecraft?

getting mass into orbit is expensive

I do agree on it being pretty dumb, though

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So remember that Pogo video about feminism? He's saying now it was all an "experiment" to show "the enormous breed of hyenas out there taking gender equality and feminism hostage" and also about how awful social media is or something. So if you got mad at him, that's what he wanted! Also you're a terrible person.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    So remember that Pogo video about feminism? He's saying now it was all an "experiment" to show "the enormous breed of hyenas out there taking gender equality and feminism hostage" and also about how awful social media is or something. So if you got mad at him, that's what he wanted! Also you're a terrible person.
    8d37c2fab8d190f2f444391e4ff9b716.gif?w=640

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

Oh no! I got marginally bothered by someone who's opening lines suggested that literally treating women like children was a positive thing! I am the real oppressor after all! :cry:

• Options
    The internet is such a stupid fucking place.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    In 500 million years when all evidence of our civilization have been completely destroyed, the Apollo landing sites and that spear will be the only evidence that our species ever existed.

The moon will have fallen by then

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    will the moon fall out of orbit before the sun dies

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    The Moon is moving away from the Earth, so it won't ever fall. Eventually it will get far enough away that the tidal forces will reach equilibrium with the Earth and it will stop moving away, unfortunately the Sun will become a Red Giant before that happens and swallow both of them and that stupid spear in fiery death.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't like the new jojo opening very much

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I wish Netflix would get Jojo. I've never seen it but the Super Best Friends channel hypes it up so much.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I wish Netflix would get Jojo. I've never seen it but the Super Best Friends channel hypes it up so much.

crunchyroll has it for free! $5 a month or somethin' if you wanna watch it in HD

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Whoa the girl in the middle almost broke the green shirt girl's arm horribly man

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    I don't like the new jojo opening very much

ORAORAORAORA

ORAORAORAORA

• Options

I feel bad for the girl in the green shirt, I had a trampoline, that was not her fault at all, her bounce was totally stolen by the people beside her.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

Whoa the girl in the middle almost broke the green shirt girl's arm horribly man

This is giving me flashbacks to my days as a gymnastics/tumbling coach. Don't jump back, jump up! Flipping over is the easy part, your body just needs enough airtime and it'll take care of the rest.

Also I just realized they are all holding hands christ that is a bad idea.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options

lol in the related videos, they interview GWAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYUMsDw0N7Q

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

crunchyroll has it for free! $5 a month or somethin' if you wanna watch it in HD

I thought Crunchyroll was pay only. Thanks for the heads up

And thanks @Professor Snugglesworth for the guest pass :hydra:

• Options
    Hmm, I was about to say, I have a free 30 day Crunchyroll pass from last month's Lootcrate that I wasn't going to use, but when I went to look at it, it's got no code or anything, and seems like just go to

Crunchyroll.com/lootcrate for a free 30 days

• Options
    I really want a JoJo thread.

Maybe someone could make a JoJo fighting game thread and we can go from there?

• Options
    aaaaaaand Crunchyroll has Ippo.

This my friends is how you cartwheel down the anime rabbit hole.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I really want a JoJo thread.

Maybe someone could make a JoJo fighting game thread and we can go from there?

the mods would watch it like a hawk and lock it the instant more than one post in a row mentioned the anime

This discussion has been closed.