As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Boston Game Night - February Edition 2/24

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited February 2015 in PAX General Discussion
While our beloved khadour is no longer here, we can still have our game nights. I'm going to shamelessly copy+paste his old thread info now:

Game night Tuesday, February 24th, 2015 at J.J. Foley's at 21 Kingston St., Boston, MA (please note that there is more than one J. J. Foley's - we are at the one on Kingston St). Official start time is 6:30PM, but if you're earlier, no biggie. We'll be in the back room. If you're early, claim tables! Bring games if you want, and bring $$$ for Child's Play if you want. It's a bar and grill, so plan accordingly - money for food and drink (if you want any), and appropriate transportation if you're going to drink that much. . .

FaceBook event here.
PAX community calendar event [hasn't been made].

Note that this is a monthly gathering (usually) on the last Tuesday of each month.

HI3789R.png
punzie on

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Let's try to keep this going. I won't be there this time, as I'll be flying to Seattle for some weird reason. The bf will be bringing our small stash of games tho:
    Ascension (with most expansions)
    Castles of Burgandy
    Pirate Fluxx
    We Didn't Playtest This At All
    Zombie Dice
    Penny Arcade Gamers vs Evil
    Kittens in a Blender
    And he'll probably have several M:tG decks on hand.

And if anyone wants to volunteer to bring cookies and/take Child's Play donations, great.

HI3789R.png
    I hope there's a good showing tonight and everyone has a good time :) play a game for me

HI3789R.png
    I heard last month was a super small group (under 10 people). I'll be around this time and I should have cookies. Here's the list of my and the bf's small collection of games we'll bring:
    Ascension (with most expansions)
    Castles of Burgandy
    Pirate Fluxx
    We Didn't Playtest This At All
    Zombie Dice
    Penny Arcade Gamers vs Evil
    Kittens in a Blender
    Settlers of Catan
    And he'll probably have several M:tG decks on hand.

HI3789R.png
    There was a very small turnout last month. Like, 5 people and not all at the same time. Let's try again, shall we?
    October 28th. Be there?

HI3789R.png
    I have a conflict and won't be able to make it this month. I hope people still show up and play some games!

HI3789R.png
  • eilonwyeilonwy Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    There is also a weekly Game Night across the street from there every Tuesday night at the Good Life http://http://www.goodlifebar.com/. They usually have a decent setup.

eilonwy on
    Asked the fb group if they wanted to change to the first week of December (because holiday week) but no response. So I just made it for the traditional last Tuesday of the month. Hopefully I won't be sitting there alone.

HI3789R.png
    Our next monthly gathering is going to be the first Tuesday of January. The week between Xmas and New Year's is just too busy for most people.
    In the mean time, there's an event for Child's Play happening in Cambridge next Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/GPCharity

HI3789R.png
    Yay there was decent showing this time! Since this was technically December's game night, we get 2 this month. January's event is Tuesday the 27th. I'll be on a plane, so you people game it up for me!

HI3789R.png
  • KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'm going to try to make it with a +1. I can bring Cards Against Humanity and SuperFight! if people are interested.

edited February 2015
    Obviously this isn't happening since Boston is shut down because of snow. We can postpone to next week or we can skip it and see each other in February. Let me know if you have an opinion and I'll make a new FB event on Friday.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    I didn't get to follow up on this when I said because work got crazy. I made an event for tonight and it looks like there will be at least a couple people going. Personally, I'll be at work, pulling a double shift. Someone tell me how it goes :)

HI3789R.png
    Our normal end-of-the-month date for February is the 24th. The week after we'll have the big preprePAX event with the PAX peeps who come into town early.

HI3789R.png