As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Peep Show this Sunday feat. Night of Champions

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular

speaking as a former five year old hulkamaniac: kids will absolutely stop watching and thus getting their parents to buy them shitty t-shirts if john cena loses matches the way he lost to brock lesnar

When I was a kid, if Hulk Hogan lost it was because the fans weren't supporting him enough. They were the only reason he was able to fight through that sleeper hold for his come back.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Well, I'm seeing the Michael Sam story on CBS, Huffington and a bunch of other media outlets, so I guess they got their desired effect.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Well, I'm seeing the Michael Sam story on CBS, Huffington and a bunch of other media outlets, so I guess they got their desired effect.

Even better? They never guaranteed he'd even show up.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    There was a Michael Sam thing on Raw? I wasn't watching this week

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Goose! wrote: »
    There was a Michael Sam thing on Raw? I wasn't watching this week

Lucky you.

Maximum on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, New Japan Pro Wrestling are 'seriously looking into' airing Wrestle Kingdom, their biggest show of the year, as a pay-per-view in the United States. "High-profile" English language announcers would be sourced for the event — CM Punk and Jim Ross being two names that came up the last time rumours of English commentary for NJPW came up. NB: Unofficial English commentary is produced by the lads at NJPWEnglishComm.

New Japan Pro Wrestling have also announced the cards for their September tour leading to the DESTRUCTION events in Kobe and Okayama. The former is headlined by Bad Luck Fale defending his IWGP Intercontinental Championship against former champion Shinsuke Nakamura, while the main event of the latter pits Kazuchika Okada against Karl Anderson with Okada's Wrestle Kingdom title shot on the line. Also of note on the Kobe card is a face-off between Hiroshi Tanahashi and Katsuyori Shibata.

WrestleZone reports that Yoshihiro Tajiri and the Great Muta are the first two Wrestle-1 athletes confirmed for [Replacement WCW]'s Bound For Glory show. Being held in the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, the show will be the first pay-per-view in [Participation Ribbon Wrestling] history to take place outside of the United States.

Dragon Gate will offer their 9/9 show from the Korakuen Hall as an iPPV on UStream at a cost of $14.99. The event is headlined by an eight-man "Loser Revives Survival Instant Comeback Captain's Fall Elimination Match."

Noted DDT Pro Wrestling fansite Dramatic DDT posted a solid explanation of the predictably bizarre set-up for the promotion's Dramatic General Election. Fans who attend live shows or buy merchandise will be given ballots with which they can vote for their favourite wrestler from a pool of 36, the top twenty then being part of the card for the Korakuen Hall show on 26/10. A more detailed elucidation of proceedings can be found on the Dramatic DDT blog.

The wrestling event held in North Korea by politician and former New Japan Pro Wrestling owner Antonio Inoki seems to have been a success, despite Kim Jong Un not being in attendance. The Guardian did a good write-up of the occasion ahead of it taking place.

American fans wanting to get their hands on New Japan Pro Wrestling merchandise now have another outlet to do so by. Trusted supplier and fansubber Puro_Yottsume has opened http://puroresushop.com/, offering t-shirts, trading cards and other merch.

BONUS: Here's a classic G1 Climax match from 1992 that sees Arn Anderson meet Steve Austin, uploaded by the inimitable Senor Lariato.

Arn Anderson vs Steve Austin - (NJPW 1992/08/06)

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular

I love these two not only because they are representing my city but they are a classic "Big man with a small man with a big mouth" team

But whats this makeover thing? new stage and set up for the NXT arena?

• Options
    I keep forgetting Bound for Glory is being held in Japan. If it still looks bleak for the company I might order it just for shits and giggles.

• Options
    Plus I do admit I like Bobby Lashley and wish he stayed in WWE.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    YouShoot recently released a trailer for their shoot interview with Brodus Clay, which you can watch above. During the interview, Brodus admitted that he attacked Hornswoggle once.
    "He's a bully, he is a bully," Brodus said of Hornswoggle. "He is a verbal assassin. He picks, he judges... he's just a little evil guy."

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz3CBekvlqv
    Follow us: @WrestlingINC on Twitter | WrestlingINC on Facebook

Now we know why he got the movie.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Thanks God it looks like the cowboys will try to sign Michael Sam... Lets hope the WWE stays as far away as possible from even mentioning that they invited him to next weeks RAW

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    YouShoot recently released a trailer for their shoot interview with Brodus Clay, which you can watch above. During the interview, Brodus admitted that he attacked Hornswoggle once.
    "He's a bully, he is a bully," Brodus said of Hornswoggle. "He is a verbal assassin. He picks, he judges... he's just a little evil guy."

This is really strange to me. Not only could pretty much any wrestler take Hornswoggle in a fight (I mean, probably), but it's not like he's an integral part of the company that can't get fired. He having that attitude is really weird.

• Options
    Isn't Hornswoggle a major part of creative now?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Do you support 9.99?

Then you can wear it with the official 9.99 WWE shirt!

Is the WWE coming self aware.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

god damnit wirehead

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    They've been self aware for a while. Triple H saying he would bury Bryan at Wrestlemania for instance.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »

god damnit wirehead

Look, I'm not saying he was super great or anything. But I liked him well enough and wish he hadn't left so soon.

• Options
    He had a great match with Cena right before he quit.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Johnny Gargano's entrance music is super catchy and I may have had it on loop all day today.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Bale you should be happy that RVD is apparently done for good in WWE.

• Options
    Want to know what excellence is lined up for next week on RAW
    The Bella Twins are about to get some family management advice from a third-party.

Jerry Springer has been confirmed to moderate a discussion between the estranged "Total Divas" stars on the season premiere of Monday Night Raw in Baltimore on Sept. 8

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I may just stop watching until after NoC.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Really good match with Dolph and Mizdow just now. Glad they let Damien wrestle a long match for once.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    the inside cradle out of nowhere is apparently late 80s WCW's favorite finish, jesus.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Jerry Springer...

welp

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Did they fire a bunch of writers during the purge? Because maybe they fired the wrong ones.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

Sadly I think being on the brink of closing seems to have improved their product slightly from what I can tell. Since they can no longer afford to be WWE light there has been a lot better in ring action and less stupid story.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Did they fire a bunch of writers during the purge? Because maybe they fired the wrong ones.

I remember one rumor is that one major writer got fired and Vince took on more of a major role.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Vince is booking most of the show again it seems

• Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Sadly I think being on the brink of closing seems to have improved their product slightly from what I can tell. Since they can no longer afford to be WWE light there has been a lot better in ring action and less stupid story.

I'm expecting BfG to be mostly wrestling oriented with it being in Japan. I've never payed for any show from them so why not. Just a one time thing.

• Options
    tumblr_nbakb0dsp71taae7xo1_500.jpg

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    I've reached the 90's WCW, what do you have for me OH MY GOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMb3Q9-GiE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »

I love these two not only because they are representing my city but they are a classic "Big man with a small man with a big mouth" team

But whats this makeover thing? new stage and set up for the NXT arena?

He's in a hair match with one of the French guys.
    cornell wrote: »
    Cade wrote: »

This is really strange to me. Not only could pretty much any wrestler take Hornswoggle in a fight (I mean, probably), but it's not like he's an integral part of the company that can't get fired. He having that attitude is really weird.

I...don't think he was serious?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Alberto Del Rio appeared with AAA officials and wrestlers for a Ring & Rockstars 3 press conference today at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to promote a September 14th event at the venue. This will be Del Rio's official AAA return. He will team with La Parka and Myzteziz (the former Sin Cara) to face Texano Jr., Averno and El Hijo del Perro Arguayo.

Del Rio reportedly got the non-compete clause that WWE was trying to enforce thrown out. Here is a translated quote, courtesy of SuperLuchas.net:

"It is unconstitutional that you can not work ... thanks to lawyers and support of AAA, I can fight without any problems."

:D

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Let's hope they drop the Del Rio thing now because they have enough lawsuits to deal with.

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    I think that's just the article, isn't he Alberto Patron or something?

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    My first Cactus Jack sighting!

and he's wrestling Bastion Booger, I want to cry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    He's teaming with old Sin Cara?

I'm sure that'll work out

This discussion has been closed.