As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Right, the [FIGHTING GAMES THREAD] is About to Begin!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Ggs Chamberlain.

@Knob‌

Hugo wins 2-0 vs Blanka. Good potato.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    http://challonge.com/bonksgarden

First semifinals match is in the pipes, Hiryu vs P10

That should be a barn burner, if neither of you have decent record/upload capabilities, let me know, I can record as a spectator

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    @Blackbeard7

What's your gamertag? Do you have free time this week?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    gamertag is the same as forum name

i am home from work around 7:15pm est each night during the week

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i hate people online

not even just ranked

but ranked too

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    its true

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Online or off, fighting games or not, I just hate people

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    salty casuals????

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    So apparently ex spire is completely strike invincible during its airborne frames as well. Hmm..

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    it shouldn't be strike invincible during all of it's airborne frames according to srk wiki. just strike invincible during part of it's startup

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    it shouldn't be strike invincible during all of it's airborne frames according to srk wiki. just strike invincible during part of it's startup

According to the detailed frame data on the srk wiki it is all-body invincible from frames 6-14.

• Options
    right, but it's airborne for longer than it's strike invincible (6-27 vs 6-14), and more importantly not strike invincible during the active frames (15-24)

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Ah. I see what you are saying with that.

Anyone for xbl streets tonight?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Tuesday Wednesday Thursday I don't get home till midnight for you unfortunately

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    @B:L if you end up being available lemme know, im around all night

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Is there gonna be another Bonksgarden for us PC folks? I wouldn't mind seeing that.

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular

hey guys. i'm filling in on the brokentier discussion tonight! come check it out!

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Is there gonna be another Bonksgarden for us PC folks? I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Hunteraloo Showdown

• Options

hey guys. i'm filling in on the brokentier discussion tonight! come check it out!

dont forget to call me a scrublord

i mean hype up my thawk for guts

i mean

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    would there be interest in a non-elimination tournament - either round-robin or swiss-system depending on # of people, for pc

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I will play any and all pc tourneys

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    would there be interest in a non-elimination tournament - either round-robin or swiss-system depending on # of people, for pc

moreso in this than in an elimination tourney, for sure

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Wow the summer jam 8 commentators misgendered Ricky at literally every opportunity. That's awesome.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    not sp00ky!

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Wow the summer jam 8 commentators misgendered Ricky at literally every opportunity. That's awesome.

Wait, really? I didn't have commentary on at all times, but when I did I made a point to listen to if they did and wasn't disappointed. The only flub I remember is Spooky himself but he apologized immediately every time.

I hope whichever commentators did mess up are simply unaware and will be corrected

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Spooky was especially good about getting it right and correcting when he got it wrong, and pretty much any commentator who was on with spooky was correcting themselves when they messed up

Without spooky on mic the commentators definitely misgendered her a lot but this is also the first event I can remember where anybody referred to her with female pronouns at all which makes me think a lot the of people just didn't know it was a thing

Or that's the hope I'm going to hold on to until the next major anyway

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    To my recollection Kbrad never once referred to her correctly. He was more concerned with making himself sound like a better player than Native. Sad thing is, he's her teammate so its really sending the wrong message.

• Options
    pbos is pretty cool

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    So DoA5 is getting a XB1/PS4 release. And any DLC you bought will carry over. Which wouldn't affect me since I'm one of those 360->PS4 folks. And I only bought DoA5 when it was $10 last winter.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    To my recollection Kbrad never once referred to her correctly. He was more concerned with making himself sound like a better player than Native. Sad thing is, he's her teammate so its really sending the wrong message.

On the other hand I distinctly remember him shushing yipes when he started to say some un-okay stuff about Ricky as a joke

I don't think it's gonna be an easy or immediate change but honestly I've been pleasantly surprised at how positive the reaction has been from people even among the negative

I thought it'd be a long time before people even started to try and get it right

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    jesus the iori infinite looks like hell on wrists, gets going around 15 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jp8IMcxWA

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I posted that on /r/mvc3 last night

All that storm tech is fucking crazy

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    also, to be fair.

ricky has been referred to as he her entire fighting game career.

it's gonna take a little while.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    jwong is playing usf4 on pc under the name "Mike Ross"

he is taking it upon himself to teach the internet why blocking it important

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I honestly wouldn't have known if it wasn't for this thread, I'm sure there were a lot of people who were just finding out for the first time.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I think Diluvian is playing at nlbc this week.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    ye he's on the challonge bracket
    this exhibition got real good

P10 on
  • Options
    really good info on meterless ultras off of command grabs with yun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_4jBxQnrtw

yang has two ways to get meterless ultras off any jab. just straight jab -> link u1 or u2 and jab -> link launcher into u1 or u2, but u2 isn't full animation

but jab into u2 is a 3 frame link which is a little silly imo but hey i'm not complaining

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    oh hey Swordfights I'unno if you saw this but Alioune posted a video of a 2 bar yang punish that uses 3 meters (you fully build the 3rd one in the combo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Pb7N0MODU

This discussion has been closed.