As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Right, the [FIGHTING GAMES THREAD] is About to Begin!

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I honestly don't think I can stomach going back to 2012 yang

Can I just buy you ultra instead

the knight dyvim gifted it to me, saying that "nobody plays AE anymore Kinder, pull your life together".

and I'm to entire the Hugo tutelage of hiryu and kelvin jeon

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I still play AE.

You callin' me a nobody?!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I still play AE.

THAAAAAT'S WHAT WE'RE SAYIN MOOOOONZ

*randy savage voice*

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

the knight dyvim gifted it to me, saying that "nobody plays AE anymore Kinder, pull your life together".

Oh good I can play Chun and be equally terrible

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    I'm down to play some USF tonight as well. Just added you on steam. Just send me a message whenever.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

Oh good I can play Chun and be equally terrible
    you're giving him the 10-0????

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

A wild Hiryu appears!

stand hp a lot.

Here is 76% of everything I do with Hugo, Ultradavid is handsome and lays it out better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzUNdWGIv3U

Kelvin likes U1 a lot, and he has some dirty dirty setups with it especially when using stand lk fadc U1. I don't like it as much because OS U2 vs backdash is the best feeling ever. U2 can make your opponent afraid to ever ever jump away or even backdash sometime. Which is what you want. Also Snackish Special with Hugo is the greatest.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I still play AE.

THAAAAAT'S WHAT WE'RE SAYIN MOOOOONZ

*randy savage voice*

2gxe62s.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Also I miss shenanigans-ing you people with Hugo and Hawk, Destiny has me hooked something fierce. Can't wait for Omega though.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    does anyone want to play now against my totally shitty hugo?

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I can play you with my totally 100% shitty gen

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote: »
    I can play you with my totally 100% shitty gen

are we steam pals yet

• Options
    My steam name is my forum name, but I am not sure.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    GGs to P10, Euphemon, Isoldae and Kinder.
    I haven't played Ultra in the longest time, it was good to get back into it again and show eoff my T(errible). Hawk. It was a lot of fun.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Also those games made me realize I should just stop messing around and stick with adon

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    t hawk caw caw

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i wonder if capcom's animal skins will go with actually a hawk t.hawk
    7dntnAD.jpg?1

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    that's an eagle though

• Options
    edited October 2014
    what am i, an ornithologist

P10 on
  • Options
    literally a bison is the best animal skin

and I need it

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    clearly not!

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    literally a bison is the best animal skin

and I need it

If anyone gets a bison skin it's going to be Boxer, for obvious reasons. I can see Dic getting a hyena instead. And if Guile isn't an eagle then I will purchase none of the above.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Yang could be a dragon (great blue dragon title), a monkey (throw is called monkey flip and it kinda fits his style), a mantis (mantis slashes obv), or something fast and sneaky

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm playing Ultimax online if anyone is interested

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Many thanks to @Euphemon who dropped so much knowledge on my head my desk looked like the aftermath of scanners.gif

• Options
    online ranked is an emotional rollercoaster

• Options
    my internet is garbage and i hate it

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna buy the Hori Pro V4 from here

http://www.amazon.fr/Manette-Real-Arcade-Fighting-Stick/dp/B00L6AVN5E/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1414509388&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=arcade+stick+ps4

Been looking for a ps3/ps4 dual compatability stick for a long time so I can mess around with Uniel but also be ready for Xrd. Seems like a good choice to me but figured I might as well check in with you guys. What do you think?

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

i just start off salty and get more salty as the night goes on

it's the majority of the reason that I don't really play anymore

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Did they fixed the lag in ranked or does it still not work?

• Options
    NoSobriquetNoSobriquet Formidable Phở Sandcastle of SteelRegistered User regular
    NEC's looking a little uncertain at this point, in the sense that two of us may just be going to support a friend that's clearly better than we are. I'm trying to dissuade one of them from giving up, but it's difficult to preach about chilling out w/r/t one's performance and just going for the experience, networking, and to say one did it, when my P4U2 game currently looks like I don't understand the world around me and I'm afraid that I'd be too anxious to talk to anyone.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Did they fixed the lag in ranked or does it still not work?

I still get some laggy games on my internet, but for the most part it's been pretty decent.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    the lag isn't really the issue. most connections are plenty playable although there are occasional weird spikes that can make you drop combos and hate life
    its just frustrating to be losing to someone who is exploiting something you can't deal with. because you're like, wow this guy is a dummy. But no, you are the dummy. ;_;

P10 on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    NEC's looking a little uncertain at this point, in the sense that two of us may just be going to support a friend that's clearly better than we are. I'm trying to dissuade one of them from giving up, but it's difficult to preach about chilling out w/r/t one's performance and just going for the experience, networking, and to say one did it, when my P4U2 game currently looks like I don't understand the world around me and I'm afraid that I'd be too anxious to talk to anyone.

Honestly, I've when I went to a tourney I would say the actual tournament was the smallest part of it.

Most of it was casuals and me getting really drunk. Pretty fun honestly.

I would do it more often but getting out of town for anything not local takes way too much money.

• Options
    the lag isn't really the issue. most connections are plenty playable although there are occasional weird spikes that can make you drop combos and hate life
    its just frustrating to losing to someone who is exploiting something you can't deal with. because you're like, wow this guy is a dummy. But no, you are the dummy. ;_;

Yeah, I find that while my general level of play gets a bit better with ranked because I stay in practise, it also builds all kinds of bad habits.

Like online I really don't worry about spamming Jaguar Kicks, because in a two-round ranked match most players don't have the time or latency to start predicting them or punishing them.

But try that in a long set against someone with a decent connection and that shit doesn't fly. But I still do it anyway because I am a dumb player.

• Options
    yeah it's pretty unavoidable to build bad habits online, I think. For a long time I made a conscious effort to throw out a very minimum amount of reversals, but it just resulted in developing other crutches like throwing all the time or focusing attacking way too much

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Dudley's animal skin should be a Stiff Upper Lip

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna buy the Hori Pro V4 from here

http://www.amazon.fr/Manette-Real-Arcade-Fighting-Stick/dp/B00L6AVN5E/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1414509388&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=arcade+stick+ps4

Been looking for a ps3/ps4 dual compatability stick for a long time so I can mess around with Uniel but also be ready for Xrd. Seems like a good choice to me but figured I might as well check in with you guys. What do you think?
    @Wimble
    I prefer my two HRAPs (PS2 HRAP2:SA and 360 HRAP:SE) to my vanilla, first run TE.

Build quality for a HRAP versus TE has been the same to me every model I've played on which is what matters overall, so barring something specific with that stick, you should be in good shape.

My reason for the preference is the button layout. Both my HRAPs have the Sega astro city style curved layout versus the Viewlix layout of the TE. A buddy of mine got the SC5 TE that has the astro city layout and I loved that thing, it was basically like playing on my HRAP, dumping my gripe with my otherwise still pristine TE which has taken as much of a beating as the HRAPs. It looks like that stick has the Viewlix layout so as long as that isn't something that bothers you then you should be good to go.

• Options
    I, personally, have nothing but good things to say about hori sticks myself

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Sounds like I'm golden. Gonna order me a stick!

Thanks so much for the feedback!

4SMZq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.