As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In Which I Realize I Am Getting Old, And You Do Too.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I wish sleeping was as easy as deciding to lay down and sleep

Or at least that my brain wouldn't immediately make me think of all the things I'm currently depressed and anxious about as soon as I close my eyes to sleep

Like fuck flight or invisibility give me the power to guarantee a restful night's sleep

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I get legitimately jealous of my characters in games that have a sleep function sometimes.

Just walk over to bed and select an amount of sleep. Yes. Perfect.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Jogging feels like dying
    I want to say I realised this about myself too, but...for me jogging has always felt like dying

Fuck exercise

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    i realized all the photos of me as a kid were taken with a fully mechanical camera out of soviet-era russia

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I realised the other day that the same number of years have passed since the year 2000 as existed in my entire life prior to it. It feels like I'm living in the future.
    The other thing that struck me at more or less the same time is that people born in 1996 are legally adults now, which is weird and terrible. Who gave all that time permission to pass?

Taskman on
    uGn5f.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I, for one, am 21

And I've got back problems that I really shouldn't be getting until I'm 60 or something

Remember, keep your legs dead straight, take all the weight with your back, and lift in a sudden wrenching and twisting motion!

• Options
    ironically, all of the photos of my kid are taken with a fully mechanical camera out of soviet-era russia

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    oh oh wait how could I forget

I legitimately enjoy prune juice

Sup, Worf?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I get legitimately jealous of my characters in games that have a sleep function sometimes.

Just walk over to bed and select an amount of sleep. Yes. Perfect.

If only!

#1 most bestest superpower - perfect sleep! Wake up bright and early every day after like 4.5 - 6 hours sleep totally rested and recovered, full of energy and feeling awesome.

I'll take one please.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I consider sleeping in to be from 6am - 7:30.

My usual wake up time during the week is 4:30.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I have Batman Returns, on the Atari Lynx. I could beat level 1 once every few tries, and even made it to level 3 once

These days I just wonder how I ever became able to not die 20 seconds in, because like hell I could pull that off now

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2014
    Things I have gotten weirdly excited about over the past year or so:
    New Dyson animal so we can finally get the dog hairs out of the carpet
    8kg washer so we can wash a duvet at home in 33 minutes if we needed to
    8kg drier so stuff can just go straight from washer to the drier
    Installing two nest thermostats so the house can be upstairs / downstairs zoned to be more efficient
    Having land drains put in so the back garden gets a chance to dry out
    Buying a car seat for my son that looks like a rocket ship seat

I miss being excited about videogame releases, or even getting to play videogames but man, that dyson is super powerful.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I am literally a dad

all I am missing is an actual child

also a wife

also any semblance of actual adult life

but other than that

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Nothing better reminds me of how quickly time has passed than seeing young family members you only remember as kids, grown and in college.

I miss those endless summer days as a kid, not having to worry about anything other than being home before dark.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    School is making me feel old. In one of my classes, I think "oh, that girl looks really cute... What's that you say? She's 17?....Ffffffuuuuuckkkk" (I'm 26 and therefore ancient)

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Jogging feels like dying

Getting out of bed feels like dying.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    oh oh wait how could I forget

I legitimately enjoy prune juice

Sup, Worf?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdlPaCX3S80

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm not so old that everything reminds me of death

Yet

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Since the Worf joke has already been made ...

I am old enough to remember only having 2 TV stations. Now I don't have a TV at all, but that is an entirely different conversation.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Do you remember when late at night TV would just stop. And not come back on until the next morning. Like they ran out of TV.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Almost 24 over here, and just realized I'm at best 1/4 of the way into my lifespan. I really miss being younger. Less responsibilities, more playing with physical toys outside, and no major worries. I don't have many fears, but something about reaching my parents age, and then grandparents age scares me.

I'm 26 in December and every day I feel like this only much worse. I'm trying to move to Seattle the end of the year after living in SoCal my entire life, I'm confident it'll make me happier but the job prospects are flat out better in L.A. I just hate it here too much. I hate the climate, the scenery, the driving, and most of the people.

Bubby on
  • Options
    Do you remember when late at night TV would just stop. And not come back on until the next morning. Like they ran out of TV.

i had to explain a test screen to one of my english classes

i think i trailed off around about the words 'fine tuning'

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The timing for the codes in golden eye is atrocious. A lot of people couldn't enter them

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I remember when the very first Prince of Persia got released and it blew my tiny mind that characters could DIE HORRIFICALLY in video games.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Believe me is not all its cracked up to be.

I dunno

being able to go "I can afford to buy my own place to live thats all mine and not rented" sounds pretty sweet to me.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

At least in the US, a lot of stations are still sort of like this because yeah, they're on-air, but they're just showing infomercials.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Believe me is not all its cracked up to be.

I dunno

being able to go "I can afford to buy my own place to live thats all mine and not rented" sounds pretty sweet to me.

I'll provide a counter-point, then: it is pretty sweet.

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    There are certain clothing shops that I'm just aren't for me anymore. If I should happen to find myself walking through one of said shops, I'll spend the entire time walking around disgusted at the state of fashion today.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I remember when the very first Prince of Persia got released and it blew my tiny mind that characters could DIE HORRIFICALLY in video games.

I remember playing my first RTS and I can tell you, I was so shocked when I saw my little unarmed worker getting murdered by some dude with a flamethrower on his back

• Options
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    There are certain clothing shops that I'm just aren't for me anymore. If I should happen to find myself walking through one of said shops, I'll spend the entire time walking around disgusted at the state of fashion today.

Yeah I'd skip the crop-top trend if I were you.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    There are shops that offend me by their very existence. Shops that seem more like clubs than actual shops.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I hit my seventh anniversary on here last week

I turn 21 in two months

and I'm young by this forum's standards!

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    There are shops that offend me by their very existence. Shops that seem more like clubs than actual shops.

The last time I got dragged into a Hollister shop I ended up using the torch on my phone to find my way around. My night vision got almost wiped out by accutane and I was bumping into things left, right and centre.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options

Fair point but what about denim short-shorts?

• Options

Fair point but what about denim short-shorts?

I reckon you've got the legs.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    The old, 'going to old nightclubs you used to enjoy and being mortified that you enjoyed it so much'

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Yessssss, Forever 21 here I come.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I will be old when I am unable to care for myself.

The scary thing is my mother when I said those words to her when I was 18 said it was scary to know her father uttered almost the same words.

Really the span of time from when I can first remember something to today is really interesting to me.
    To know I graduated 20 years ago this year from High School.
    To know 10 years ago I was in a warzone.
    To know 5 years ago I went on my last date.
    Are all interesting .

The thing that sucks though I dealt with the death of friends and being really alienated over the last couple of years.
    This is something that usually happened later in life it sucks and I understand what some people far older than me deal with.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

They still do that here
    It's lame.

• Options
    number13number13 Registered User regular
    I really appreciate shit like socks and towels as gifts during birthdays and holidays now.

When I was younger, though? What were you even thinking? Who even wears socks?

2w3e5cp.jpg