As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Need more info about unblocking on Facebook

BTPBTP Registered User regular
Looking over the help page on Facebook, there is one thing I'm definitely clear on: If I block a friend, they will no longer be on my friend list and it makes me invisible to them in searches and so forth. If I later unblock, I still won't be their friend and will need to send a new friend request.

The thing is, all of that is how it will appear from my point of view. I can't find any info about how it will appear from their point of view after the unblock.

What I'm wondering is what would happen from the friend's point of view after I unblock. I know there isn't a notification of such a thing, but if they were to search me out of the blue, they could find me. That's fine.

Specifically, if I were to unblock a friend, would I eventually appear in a "people you might know" list to them? And also, could they be the one to send a friend request to me instead of me sending a friend request to them?

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558

• DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    I'm not positive but I would assume yes: if you unblock they would then be no different than any other random person on Facebook so they could send you friend requests/etc.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    After an unblock they become like any other non-friend on facebook. They can search you, friend request you, and you may show up on their "people you might know" list.

• BTPBTP Registered User regular
    Okay. That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. Facebook's wording made it seem like it would have to be me to send the friend request, so it made me wonder why it wouldn't be possible for the other person to send me the friend request if they wanted to.

Thanks.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • StrifeRaZoRStrifeRaZoR Registered User regular
    I just got through with some blocking/un-blocking on Facebook recently and my results were a bit different than what has been posted above. I completely blocked a person for roughly 3 weeks. When I removed the block, not only were they still on my friends list, but I was able to see any status posts they made since the block was removed and they received any notifications that my account posted (games, status updates, etc). I suppose the only difference in all of this is that I didn't remove them as a friend first, I just blocked all communication and went about my day.

StrifeRaZoR.png