As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2014 Pre-Pax Drinkies - done for another year

feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
edited November 2014 in PAX Australia
Pre Pax Thursday night meetup for drinks

(as in pretty much an approximation of what we did last year)

Where: Transport at Federation Square
When: 7PM, Thursday 30th October
Map: Heres a map
Hashtag: #paxbeer so you can find us as the night progresses.

Tweeting from @fuzzypredator and @Sweetasdude

Last year we sort of hung around out the front for a few people to arrive moving on pretty much every hour... not that that is a requirement this time round..

Do post a reply if you're interested in coming, lets make this happen again!

posted by a carbon flavoured beer based life form
feralmaster on

• GeroGero Registered User regular
    Interested but Thursday may be difficult,

• ninnanuamninnanuam Registered User regular
    I might be up for that depending on food/flights

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Hmm. Between Trivia Night, Enforcing, Cookie Brigade, Pin Trading and excessive drinking I'm going to be stuffed! And then theres actually attending Pax ... :s

• feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    More the merrier! ;)

feralmaster on
  • PG|OverlordPG|Overlord On the leftRegistered User new member
    edited September 2014
    Im Keen... will check out twitter and see if its still happening on the day.

PG|Overlord on
  • SpyderAUSpyderAU Registered User regular
    I'm keen! Flying in Thursday afternoon, looks like easy walking distance from my hotel to fed square.

• WallStarWallStar The one... the only... the slightly overrated... CannonvaleRegistered User regular
    There seems to be another thread thats closed about this? Is this another pub crawl group? Maybe we should all meet together :)

• WallStarWallStar The one... the only... the slightly overrated... CannonvaleRegistered User regular
    WallStar wrote: »
    There seems to be another thread thats closed about this? Is this another pub crawl group? Maybe we should all meet together :)

OR I'm just a moron who was reading last years thread...

ahem. let's just all move along and pretend nothing happened....

I'm Keen as beans #paxbeer here we come :)

#paxbeer is on.. all welcome.

• PixelsPixels Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm keen for pre-pax drinks

• FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    feralmaster, I can happily take the reins again this year around if you want :)

I'll be at Transport at 19:00 sharp on Thursday and should have a plan as to where to move next!

Fantastic, see you there!

So I thought I'd drum up a bit more interest! Who is coming so far? Who is considering it? (I'm just trying to get an estimate on the numbers as it will allow me to warn potential venues)...

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Sounds fun, I'm down for it

ooh, competition for Thursday night :)

http://www.wharfhotel.com.au/#!pax-aus/c21ra

Unless we all go there instead of Fed Square?

Fed square, Transport is the meetup place, and we will eventually move on and tweet out location as the night progresses. Definitely a possibility of checking that place out at some point during the evening. Cheers.

Ok, so far we have about 10 people coming, if people are bringing friends or haven't confirmed, can you please let me know? I need to know potential venues know the numbers that will be coming as I don't want a repeat of last year where 40+ rocked up and I had to find venues last second...

It would be greatly appreciated if you could respond in the thread or PM me directly if you would like to confirm!

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    I signed up or the wharf bar one since alot of Enforcers / people staying on site will gravitate there since its local. But I'll float wherever the mood takes me. :D

• inconspicuous_inconspicuous_ Registered User new member
    I'm coming down from Adelaide and would totally be up for a pubcrawl. I couldn't find any friends willing to go to PAX this year so meeting some new people would be good.

Well the Wharf one is about a 10-15 min walk from Flinders Street, so we might walk down there if there are people there. We're also starting later, so you could always come join us!

ooh, I hadn't realised RSVP was required for the Wharf Hotel event.

I've signed up in case we go there, but Fed Square is where I'm planning to start the night.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I don't arrive at the airport until 7:05, but depending on how me and my bro are feeling we might catch up with you guys later.

• QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm coming down from Adelaide and would totally be up for a pubcrawl. I couldn't find any friends willing to go to PAX this year so meeting some new people would be good.

Wow, get better friends!!

J/K, it's a shame your friends won't be here for the awesomeness! However us Melbournites are very friendly! (Saying that I'm English/Kiwi!)

steam_sig.png
    Questor wrote: »
    Wow, get better friends!!

More like get some friends with money :P And by that I mean a lot of them are still uni students but I have a job now, so I can ridicule them from my ivory tower.

SpyderAU wrote: »
    ooh, I hadn't realised RSVP was required for the Wharf Hotel event.

I've signed up in case we go there, but Fed Square is where I'm planning to start the night.

I feel kinda bad RSVPing if I might not go, but then again I might go at some point... Meh, I'll RSVP.

edited October 2014
    I RSVP'd just in case we migrate there towards the end of the night :eh:

Also at Transport I'll be wearing my PAX Ticket with my Pins, so come up and say "Hi!" I believe we will be there at least until 8PM!

FuzzyPredator on
  • flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Can confirm will be there either Transport or Wharf or where ever everyone is around 19:30ish

It allowed me to add 10 guests so feel free to drop the name of a Mortal Kombat 1 character at the door, ha ha.

I'd say we'll be hanging around Transport bar at least until 8, just to make sure we get a few of us before we make a move. Last year we were there at least until about 9 :biggrin:

• hickiehickie Registered User new member
    I'm in the same boat as you spyder unfortunately couldn't convince anyone else to come as all my friends that went last year aren't going this due to pregnancies and work. So hopefully this should be a fun night to meet a few people before PAX.

• spellicerspellicer Registered User new member
    I have 3 of us from Atlanta GA that will probably join you. We're going into this cold so it would probably be helpful to get some tips from you experienced PAXers.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Tip 1:

Always

Be

PAXing

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I have a couple of friends from NZ ,hopefully should catch this.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • PG|OverlordPG|Overlord On the leftRegistered User new member
    Ok So Transport at 7pm.... I will prob have 3 people with me :)

I will be looking for pax tickets and pins ;)

• PixelsPixels Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I might be a lil late as I'm driving from Orange that day, but it will be me +1
    Keep us updated on your whereabouts with twitter :)
    I've also got a guest list going for wharf if anyone wants in. Just PM me your name to put on the list.

OK, so as of now, I'm estimating around 20 people or so? Does that sound like a good number? As I will need to make some calls soon to advise the venues of approximate numbers!

So how do hashtags work exactly? If I want to track you guys down I just tweet "Oi where #paxbeer be up in dis piece?" and someone will get a tweet notification about it so they can reply?

As I said above me and my brother will be getting in later and might head down to the wharf hotel for dinner and see if we can track you guys down afterwards.

Indeed. It depends on your Twitter client, but looks a bit like this:

https://twitter.com/search?q=#paxbeer

The easiest way is to search for #paxbeer and select "all tweets", that should show Tweets from me (I have the same Avatar as on here) as to where we are currently!

Wouldn't it be easier to just follow you?