As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

METAL... GEAR?!

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    What's a D4 precious? I mean, other than something you don't want to step on.

it's the newest game by SWERY, the developer behind Deadly Premonition

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I remember that game getting announced at E3 then never hearing anything about it again afterwards.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I remember that game getting announced at E3 then never hearing anything about it again afterwards.

that's because there was radio silence about it until thursday, when they suddenly announced it was coming out on friday

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Dark Dreams Don't Die.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Looks interesting, probably try to pick it up later this week.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    (daypigeon don't click on this)
    D4C_ASB.jpg
    DATI DIZU DAN DATO wait nevermind

uc3ufTB.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Gundi wrote: »

wow that REALLY looks like a Suda51 game

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    swery is a better suda than suda

uc3ufTB.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    D4 seems cool but xbox one only so I guess I shall not be playing it.

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    metal gear risk is incredible and I will never forgive myself for losing REX to the war economy crashing or something right before I was able to launch him

the preset game layouts are kind of horrifically unbalanced though

I mean you can't make the group named Raven Sword weak but they went a little too far
    I was so bummed out when I found out that they weren't going to release expansions for that game.

I mean, again, I just want some of that Black Color in my life.

Suda is a poor man's Kojima

Swery is a rich man's Suda

But like he's rich in a different currency than the first man so it's not quite the same product as Kojima or so etching

it's kind of got away from me

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I believe in you, Speed Racer. I don't care what all those so called "doctors" say about you.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I believe in you, Speed Racer. I don't care what all those so called "doctors" say about you.

Yeah!

Why should you let statements like "I don't know who you're talking about. I don't know you. How the hell did you even get into my office" and "I'm calling security" hold you back?

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

I was just going to post that that D4 game reminded me of Suda 51's older, better games.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I still like Suda

I mean I don't play any of his games

But I enjoy that they exist

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Up to Shadows of the Damned I liked his games despite the problematic shit in them, which got worse with each game.

After Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead, I kind of hope he doesn't make anything else.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Don't forget taro yoko

PNk1Ml4.png
    I don't know what that is.

I don't want to know what that is.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Taro yoko is a person not a thing....

PNk1Ml4.png
    Oh.

I kind of assumed that was a Suda 51 game I hadn't heard of.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I don't know what that is.

I don't want to know what that is.

Z0OYb.jpg

IKknkhU.gif
    OOOOOH!

I'm bad at remembering names.

X22wmuF.jpg
    And now I'm wondering if I could pull off an Emil costume for halloween.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    And now I'm wondering if I could pull off an Emil costume for halloween.

Believe in yourself and your ability to unsettle everyone around you.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I liked No More Heroes quite a lot
    I was generally enjoying NMH2 until I hit a boss I couldn't clear and at some point I just didn't pick the game up again

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I def. enjoyed Suda's earlier work, and although people seem to be divided on how much he should actually be blamed for Killer is Dead (since I don't think he had a directorial role there?) it's hard to really be excited for anything GHM does now

pretty much the nicest thing i can say these days is that a lineup of his games' central protagonists/playable characters would still be more diverse than most studios I can name by far

which, well, sigh

Suda 51's newest game is called Let It Die and it's about like spooky gimps or something

• Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    man the sorrow is going to have WORDS with me

it maxes out at 200 regular soldier kills or something

I don't remember exactly what the number is, but I remember googling it during my first playthrough and discovering that I was well above that number

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I think it took me about 6 hours to get through The Sorrow the first time I played MGS3

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I know I'm a page late on this but engaging in a protracted war of psychological torture against the guards in Snake Eater was one of the most sadistically satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had. It also made my roommate at the time genuinely concerned for his own safety when he watched me slowly break the will of a trio of guards, one with a series of venomous serpents I had captured and used as traps, another puked his guts up thanks to some rotten fish and the final one died to a claymore hidden under a tasty ration in plain sight.

SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I think it took me about 6 hours to get through The Sorrow the first time I played MGS3

oh mannnn tell me about it! Wading through all those soldiers and not knowing what to do at the end

every time I restarted the level it was like signing up for a marathon AGAIN

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I know I'm a page late on this but engaging in a protracted war of psychological torture against the guards in Snake Eater was one of the most sadistically satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had. It also made my roommate at the time genuinely concerned for his own safety when he watched me slowly break the will of a trio of guards, one with a series of venomous serpents I had captured and used as traps, another puked his guts up thanks to some rotten fish and the final one died to a claymore hidden under a tasty ration in plain sight.

I used a gun and shot them a bunch

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

You monster.

Oh, I just remembered my absolute favorite hold up technique: after you've held up the guard, shot him in one leg and one arm, taken all his shit, shot his radio ...

throw a king cobra in his face.

The screams, they are like music.

I said 'Snake Eater' not 'Call of Duty.'

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I just enjoyed C4ing the food shacks, causing guards in the area to get weak with hunger.

They prioritize pretty much anything edible and if they spot you, they tire out quickly.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Holy shit I did not know you could do all this in MGS3

I think I need to go play MGS3 again....

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    I didn't know about the food shack thing, that's super rad.

Renzo wrote: »
    I just enjoyed C4ing the food shacks, causing guards in the area to get weak with hunger.

They prioritize pretty much anything edible and if they spot you, they tire out quickly.

I don't remember for sure, but I *think* I was disappointed that out of all the wild mushrooms in the game, none of them were magic mushrooms that would cause you to hallucinate.

Which I would have used constantly on the guards, but I think that goes without saying.

This discussion has been closed.