As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old Games and Backlog thread

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    New Vegas is really good, bale

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    New Vegas is really good, bale

And remember, the NCR is your FRIEND. They fight for FREEDOM.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I couldn't get into New Vegas at all

Fallout 3 though

That's a hell of a game

(Where's my Fallout 4)

For real though

where is Fallout 4

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I liked New Vegas, but it definitely didn't get its hooks in me the way FO3 did.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    For real though

where is Fallout 4

At the Spike TV VGX awards this December

6F32U1X.png
    FO3 is definitely more addicting than NV

But the writing quality of NV is just so good

That Ceasar conversation

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I want Fallout 4 injected directly into my veins.

Mr. G wrote: »
    For real though

where is Fallout 4

At the Spike TV VGX awards this December

I really hope so

That was how Skyrim was announced

Bethesda wants their game announcements mostly to themselves and on TV

6F32U1X.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I want Fallout 4 injected directly into my veins.

I've got some irradiated water and scorpion venom, will that do?

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Expensive, lavish all CGI trailer showing tons of action that isn't actually possible in game. Everybody wearing power armor.

Slow fade-in of the title

Fallout

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I keep wanting to start baulders gate. But it is hard to get into.

Baldur's Gate has not aged well in terms of usability and UI

It is a very difficult gap to cross

I also don't get ad&d mechanics since I started with 3.0

I had the same problem with fallout 1 and 2 though. I just couldn't play them because the ui and stuff.

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Expensive, lavish all CGI trailer showing tons of action that isn't actually possible in game. Everybody wearing power armor.

Fallout

Can it be assumed that even Zenimax knew that Elder Scrolls Online was a bad idea, it was just too late to cancel it by the time the bottom dropped out of MMOs

6F32U1X.png
    Fallout 4

4lout

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I like the setting of New Vegas way more than Fallout 3 (in that things are a little more intact and everything has an Old West feel) but it was still such an ugly game and the combat so un-fun that I couldn't get too far into it

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I had the same problem with fallout 1 and 2 though. I just couldn't play them because the ui and stuff.

I played and loved Fallout. X-Com Ufo Defense is my jam. Ancient UIs don't stop me.

I still couldn't get into Baldur's Gate.

edited October 2014
    The original Fallouts are possibly the ONLY old PC games I can deal with

I hate the UI in the original X-Com and I can't play any Sid Meier game before Civ 5

I tried Alpha Centauri!

I can't do it!

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    You missed out on the best god damn neverending mine quest ever.

I love BG. But fuck Nashkel.

Fallout

If this happens I will punch the next person I see in the back of the head

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Fallout

REAL

coming soon 4 Occulus Rift

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Deathclaws and cazadors in VR, that's a horror experience

Deathclaws and cazadors in VR, that's a horror experience

I'm now imagining a Deathclaw wearing an Occulus Rift and a couple power gloves.

It is hilarious.

So here's something interesting

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas had a remaster hit Xbox Live today, for 360, replacing the Xbox Originals version

It now has Achievements and some graphical/performance updates

In addition to that, today only (10/26), it's only $3.74

So

Go grab it, 'cause San Andreas is rad

Dang, Darksiders got Mark Hamill? Good job, guys

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    So robocraft is a really fun game that just updated

Its a game where you build a robot bit by bit then fight in in a deathmatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X06PtTl-H7M

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Okay, yeah, I can dig on some Darksiders

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm playing Dragon Age 2 right now. Thought it would be a good time to cross it off the list before Inquisition comes out.

Hmm

I know GTAIV and GTAV had some pretty gross trans stuff in them, but I didn't know that stretched all the way back to San Andreas until I started playing this remake

I was just rear-ended by a van and on the side I noticed the logo, "TransFender - Body Swap Shop"

Ugh

I wonder how much other shit in this game I didn't notice when I was 18 (I didn't even know what transgender was back then)

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one who gets a 404 every time I click the link to that X-wing story on the GOG forums?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    Artreus wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets a 404 every time I click the link to that X-wing story on the GOG forums?

Pretty sure it's because it all leaked out early

The posts are all dated for tomorrow

6F32U1X.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I heard GoG.com scrubbed a bunch of links to the leaked details of forthcoming games a few hours back.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    Well, I finished LA Noire.... It was an enjoyable game, but for me the story kinda fell apart once the Vice cases ended.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ad astra wrote: »
    Well, I finished LA Noire.... It was an enjoyable game, but for me the story kinda fell apart once the Vice cases ended.

I hated the overarching story, and just wanted to keep solving one-of murder cases

Who would have guessed that the only place you'd end up doing that was traffic?

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I hated the overarching story, and just wanted to keep solving one-of murder cases

The end of the Vice cases is where I feel the overarching plot thrusts itself to the forefront and becomes impossible to ignore, it's when Elsa and Kelso get involved and things just fall apart.

It feels like they wanted LA Noire to be a video game version of LA Confidential, but they really should've stuck to self contained stories for each case, or at least each desk.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

The end of the Vice cases is where I feel the overarching plot thrusts itself to the forefront and becomes impossible to ignore, it's when Elsa and Kelso get involved and things just fall apart.

It feels like they wanted LA Noire to be a video game version of LA Confidential, but they really should've stuck to self contained stories for each case, or at least each desk.

Homicide desk was goddamn infuriating because, due to narrative conceit, they had you set up with these cases where you're getting the wrong guy every single time to feed into this greater narrative arc and it's so fucking obvious in every case that the dude you're hauling in is not the murderer that I'm not even going to consider that a spoiler.

And when that is happening, it's like... okay because of the dumb story you want to tell these individual cases are not satisfying, and the dumb story you want to tell is bad so I'm not enjoying any part of this anymore. Can I just go back to traffic desk where I'm actually busting killers?

I have strong feelings about LA Noire, because I can see the good game that is there at times and I want more of that game.