As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior Online] Thread Reactor Critical! Eject! Eject!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I really appreciate the game automatically starting my 3 days of premium time without asking or notification. By which I mean I don't appreciate it at all.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    It does that for all premium time bonuses, I logged out before it registered so it wouldn't start till I'm ready.

• Options
    So I'm wondering if I should re-buy the Wolverine-6K. What engine do you use on the triple LPL build? Do you strip the left arm to make weight or armor it up to use it as a shield?

• Options
    XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    I want to go on record that this weekends tournament is producing the most god awful playstyle in MWO. Long matches of teams poking each other...

steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So I'm wondering if I should re-buy the Wolverine-6K. What engine do you use on the triple LPL build? Do you strip the left arm to make weight or armor it up to use it as a shield?

Its a fantastic mech now. But run it with 2 LPL, 1ML, a few extra HS and the biggest engine you can fit.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I really appreciate the game automatically starting my 3 days of premium time without asking or notification. By which I mean I don't appreciate it at all.
    EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    This weekends event uses one of the most straightforward formulas for victory so far, but amounts to one of the toughest challenges yet! Can you handle it?
    If you can, there is a Victor Champion 'Mech waiting as your reward.
    In order to score 1 point you must:
    Get 1 or more Kill, Get 1 or more Assist, Survive, and Win the match via either the Primary or Secondary objectives
    The first point you get will automatically reward you with 3 days of Premium Time to help sweeten the push toward the 20 points required to achieve the Victor Champion.
    The rest is up to you.
    1 point - 3 days of Premium Time (activated upon reward)
    20 points - Victor VTR-9S(C) Champion 'Mech (Mech Bay included)

Notification

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Its a fantastic mech now. But run it with 2 LPL, 1ML, a few extra HS and the biggest engine you can fit.

I disagree. I'm running straight 3 LPL (usually chain fired) and it works fantastic. I have an XL300, the three guns, and 6 extra heat sinks- stripped most of the armor on the left arm to do it. It still works ok as a shield.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    This weekends event uses one of the most straightforward formulas for victory so far, but amounts to one of the toughest challenges yet! Can you handle it?
    Get 1 or more Kill, Get 1 or more Assist, Survive, and Win the match via either the Primary or Secondary objectives
    The first point you get will automatically reward you with 3 days of Premium Time to help sweeten the push toward the 20 points required to achieve the Victor Champion.
    The rest is up to you.

Notification

"Activated upon reward" is ambiguous and I mean in the game. I didn't realize the premium was running until I got a 350,000 CB payout on a match and went WTF.

Either way it sucks that it starts the time automatically with no way to bank it.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm up to 14 pts in 65 matches.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Up to 10 points! This is quite a tough challenge!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    The rest is up to you.

Notification

"Activated upon reward" is ambiguous and I mean in the game. I didn't realize the premium was running until I got a 350,000 CB payout on a match and went WTF.

Either way it sucks that it starts the time automatically with no way to bank it.

As far as I'm aware, the only time they ever let you bank time is when you get it as part of a mech package. It's not like they're inconsistent with it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Also, I want to punch whoever thought that Radar Deprivation was a good idea for a module. It's a broken, overpowered piece of shit.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Man every time I get an itch to play again I come look at this thread. And then I back slowly away realizing PGI hasn't changed at all =/

• Options
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Man every time I get an itch to play again I come look at this thread. And then I back slowly away realizing PGI hasn't changed at all =/

Still probably better than it's ever been.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

Maybe when yet another completely fucked up idea of a tournament isn't going on. Short of the obvious meta issues, the best little challenge/tourney they've had is still the team one. Why they aren't running one of those every month is beyond me.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I am at 7 qualifying matches out of 52 played. Writing this one off, I am not able or willing to put in the hundred or so additional matches it would take me to get across the finish line at the present rate before the challenge ends.

I've been as cynical a critic of PGI as anybody (well maybe not Ninja Snarl) and I don't think that's entirely true. The game has been improving little by little. The quirks for IS 'mechs have done quite a bit to give new life to disused types and make using IS fun enough to prevent a total Clan takeover, which is the direction it was heading not that long ago.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Thus game has been steadily getting better. I do think it's the one-two combination of getting out from I'm, plus Transverse completely crashing and burning means they have to actually focus on the one successful venture they do have.

I think it's also worth pointing out that while MWO has plenty of problems, it's far and away the most balanced and reasonable real-time Mechwarrior game. For all the issues this game has, MW3 and MW4 were far worse.

• Options

Maybe when yet another completely fucked up idea of a tournament isn't going on. Short of the obvious meta issues, the best little challenge/tourney they've had is still the team one. Why they aren't running one of those every month is beyond me.

Eh, I think the Halloween challenge they did was the best.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    PILLPILL Registered User regular
    Ok, so, just a PSA for everyone because you are all the bomb.com. A lot of mechs have been getting a lot of press post IS quirks (AWS-8Q, DRG-1N, WLV-6K, TDR-5SS, etc.) but I haven't heard many people talking about the CN9-D. They should be. Holy crap. This thing is totally ridiculous with Master status + modules. 57% CD on the space shotgun means a 1 second CD between shots. I've been playing CN9-D exclusively for over an hour and have yet to do less than 700 damage in a game. I took on an AS7-S face to face and won with good torso twisting and shield arm use (admittedly he had LRM's and not SRM's, but I still killed his AC-20). Highly recommend for those with a few Centurions to their name.

It's also a great mech to keep in mind for CW, since the 50 ton slot fits nicely with a fair number of drop decks.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    XOCentric wrote: »
    I want to go on record that this weekends tournament is producing the most god awful playstyle in MWO. Long matches of teams poking each other...

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but it definitely HAS provided people with the motivation that increases the Time To Kill rate that everyone was complaining about a couple thread pages ago.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Thus game has been steadily getting better. I do think it's the one-two combination of getting out from I'm, plus Transverse completely crashing and burning means they have to actually focus on the one successful venture they do have.

I think it's also worth pointing out that while MWO has plenty of problems, it's far and away the most balanced and reasonable real-time Mechwarrior game. For all the issues this game has, MW3 and MW4 were far worse.

To quote myself: It's easy to look like gold when you're surrounded by shit.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Finally! After a whole day of playing.

MQQMHFp.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Also completed my 20 points.

Stats:
    95 games
    50 wins
    4 - Games I survived but didn't get the kill
    -
    EDIT: Also confirmed, Champion Victor gives XP bonus not CBill bonus.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    XOCentric wrote: »

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but it definitely HAS provided people with the motivation that increases the Time To Kill rate that everyone was complaining about a couple thread pages ago.

Yes, there's more incentive to gun line, but there's the other foot of guys dropping with ridiculous 'long range' builds. Like an assault lance with all LRMS, even the 2x Atlas'. That or guys hiding after they meet criteria instead of helping the push, resulting in a failed push and a team wipe.

Bring back the Halloween tourney!

Also, Ill be space robitsing today. I doubt Ill hit the 20pts before my interest takes me to a different game.

XOCentric on
    steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
  • Options
    yea, ive written this one off. if i had the time, i would attempt to grind out 20. ah well. :(

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I liked the last one if they made kills and assists give the same amount of points.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    How about if half my team could live past 2 minutes? Could the game at least pretend to give me a chance?

edit: oh cool, the server is dropped me, just 4 to go, sanity...can't...take...much more

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Hrph, since patching this last time, I've had a weird graphical glitch where I get overlays/transparent images of the terrain/cockpit on my screen while in a match. I tried running the repair tool, but that didn't work. I don't have problems in any other programs/games, so I think it's definitely just related to the patch and MWO.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @jgeis‌

Actually, it's probably your video card driver. You running nVidias in SLI? nVidia recently added an SLI profile for MWO and it doesn't work. You need to disable SLI for MWO in the nVidia control center.

• Options
    Stormcrows are such bullshit, Clan Streaks seem bugged out the ass. Are they supposed to hit 100% CT?

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    @jgeis‌

Actually, it's probably your video card driver. You running nVidias in SLI? nVidia recently added an SLI profile for MWO and it doesn't work. You need to disable SLI for MWO in the nVidia control center.

Oh, huh, I do indeed have SLI'd 660Tis. I guess I'll just live without SLI for a while.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    55 games later... 27 wins, 20 points

first point took: 8 games
    longest dry spell: 10 games

57 kills
    33 deaths
    234 assists
    9,098,232 Cbills (165,422 avg)
    58,643 Unspent Wang XP

I'd estimate it took about 12 hours. Played conquest, queued as soon as I died, 32 games in the Wang, Raven 3L and Shadowhawk 2K fallbacks.

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    Stormcrows are such bullshit, Clan Streaks seem bugged out the ass. Are they supposed to hit 100% CT?

No, they're not. But I haven't noticed that happening. I don't see people use Clan Streaks much at all actually since regular Clan SRMs have such a great damage to weight ratio.

IS Streaks sort of always sought out the CT for a long time after they were introduced, but it's been a year or more since that was fixed.

• Options
    I've seen a couple streak crows but haven't noticed any CT seeking behavior from them

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ive been blasted a number of times by streakcrows in my Jenner. It usually just aboit kills me from almost full armor.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    They just changed datacenters a couple months back, I doubt they are going to do so again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I WANT MY LOKI :mad:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    So, after yesterday, I just want to confirm for everyone that the Wang is, in fact, a total ninja. Would buy again, A+++++

On about three separate occasions I tagged an Ember with an AC20 only to have the smug little bastard come around for another pass and promptly eat a face full of dirt.
    Headshot a Hunchback in two hits while he tried to charge me with SRMs.
    Got caught out of position and tanked a couple lances while I Zoidberg'd out.
    Cleaned up a lost battle with 6 kills hunting down a Timberwolf, Thunderbolt, Kit Fox solo like the goddamn Predator and then lost in a 1v1 duel for the win with a Stormcrow.

The quirks really make it a performer. You can twist so fast, get AC20 hits out to 600m all at 106kph. The cooldown on the AC20 just feels so right, and I still need to get modules for it. You don't feel like you need to save your shot for a guaranteed hit which allows some magical snapshots I never would have taken in the past.

• Options
    Agree. The Wang is an incredible beast. I may have to get 3 more when we get the 4 mech drop decks.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I think the big thing the Wang has over the AH is the energy hardpoints, so it can carry a ton more AC20 ammo vs the AH which has to mount multiple SRMs AND SRM ammo, instead of just two 1 ton MLs.

Honestly if it ever went on sale where I could get it for whatever fake money you can buy for the lowest tier I'd probably get it.

Buttcleft on