As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Party [Chat]

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    What on earth is happening in here

this is a very odd manner in which to sleep, mr. whal

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    ARE WE HAVING FUN YET

PARTY TIME

EXCELLENT

WOO-ooWOO-ooWOO-ooWOO-ooWOO-ooWOO-ooWOO-ooWOO-oo

Hokay, party on Kosh

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    What on earth is happening in here

this is a very odd manner in which to sleep, mr. whal

Nah this is pretty typical

I'll flash in and out for the next ~ 4 hours and then I should be good to go

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I mean, suffice it to say that regardless of my choice of where to sleep, it is not necessarily a place optimally designed for the purpose

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    No party is complete without proper refreshments.

JVEA7aZl.jpg

Now you may party hearty, bros and brosephines.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Alright, I think I am just going to finish this CK2 game tonight and be done with it

1400, restored Roman Empire covers from Britannia to Eygpt, from Mauretania to Finland, and everything between

I may try and clean up Lithuania before the time limit ends

but otherwise I have created a pretty solid "I win" start for EU4

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I woke up with an idea for a game review site based entirely on a bad pun.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Morn'. How come I've never heard of Party Down? The cast consists of a bunch of people I like!

Anyway, I'm off to buy shoes.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    acer, dell, etc. are no longer selling directly here I guess

aRkpc.gif
    .... apropos of nothing. mumble mumble

aRkpc.gif
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    We are awake! Beast is about to head out for his 5 hr over-marathon length training run in the woods of New Jersey just over the George Washington Bridge

I am drinking coffee trying to get ALLLLLLlllll the poops out so I can begrudgingly leave in an hour for a dismal 10-11ish mile shuffle over a bridge and back for way over two hours because I'm not joking that is how slow I run

And then I brunch!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    also generic grumbling about pretty ladies in short skirts

aRkpc.gif
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm awake too

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    i'm wide awake, i'm dreaming

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Dammit, made it to the last stage of Altered Beast with 2 lives left, didn't even get to see the last boss.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    HISHE is usually like way off but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjSNLmb0Ndw

yep this is pretty accurate

central conflict of the movie avoided if superman went and talked to Jorel instead of a random priest

also the fact that the scout ship was pretty serious leverage against Zod since there was no way in hell Zod could keep superman from destroying it, and instead of using it as a bargaining chip he just blows it up

override367 on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    We are awake! Beast is about to head out for his 5 hr over-marathon length training run in the woods of New Jersey just over the George Washington Bridge

I am drinking coffee trying to get ALLLLLLlllll the poops out so I can begrudgingly leave in an hour for a dismal 10-11ish mile shuffle over a bridge and back for way over two hours because I'm not joking that is how slow I run

And then I brunch!

Two hours of running is still good. I rarely do one hour

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    two hours of running is nothing

i've probably done at least that in the last few years

edited August 2014
    edit: it's "satire". Don't mind me.

15 Year Old Who “SWATTED” Gamer Convicted Of Domestic Terrorism; 25 Years To Life In Federal Prison
    Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69, was upset after being repeatedly beaten by a fellow gamer at Battlefield 4. After obtaining the rival gamers information, prosecutors say Horner called police and reported a murder/hostage situation at the home. SWAT team then raided the house, shooting and critically injuring the “Livestreamer’s” father in the process. Following an investigation of the incident, Horner was charged as an adult, using provisions of the 2001 Patriot Act. Horner’s guilty charge stems from two counts of domestic terrorism, related to his manipulation of an enforcement response, and injuries to innocents resulting from those actions.

Prosecutors played audio of Horner talking with a 911 operator:

“I just shot and killed four people. If any police enter my home I will kill them too” the statement read in part.

During closing arguments, prosecuting attorney Tom Downey explained the state’s assessment of Horner to the jury.

“There were no victims or any evidence that a shooting had taken place,” Downey said. “Horner’s actions are pure evil, he is a menace to society and must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

Echo on
    edited August 2014
    i'm fairly sure the picture they've used is from a case about a kid who killed his girlfriends child

edit: it is

http://wivb.com/2014/01/10/teen-cries-out-during-sentencing/

i wonder if they needed a picture and decided to find a similarly aged child crying in court as a placeholder image

because that is all kinds of fucked up

815165 on
    Echo wrote: »

well that's a reasonable sentence

"terrorism"

it'd be funny if it wasn't real life

edited August 2014
    oh wow the picture is removed already

edit: or not

im going crazy

either way that picture isn't that swatting kid

815165 on
    ...though I do feel dirty linking a site that has Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin in the masthead.

25-to-life is way harsh, but I don't disagree about it being domestic terrorism.

It's just terrorism for the shittiest of causes: being h4rdc0re on the net.

I mean sure, send the kid to jail for a couple days but jesus christ a 25 to life sentence on a 15 year old for something that is not a mass murder or something like that seems awfully excessive.

edited August 2014
    if an adult had sex with a 15 year old they'd go to prison for statutory rape because a 15 year old isn't competent to decide they want to have sex

however it's okay to sentence a 15 year old nerd who's too insulated to realize the ramifications of his actions to life in prison because SWAT teams don't even run risk assessments or verify information anymore, they just kick down doors and shoot whatever moves

kay

as much of a shithead thing as this kid did I hope he appeals and they let him free, he's been traumatized enough I don't think he'll so much as jaywalk for decades

edit: Assuming that article is even real, I can't find any corroborating sources

override367 on
    I knew I'd heard the name Paul Horner before, too, it's the person people claimed was Banksy for a while.

Damn you.

815165 wrote: »

hey guys I think kvtu.com runs ads bought by Toyota. Not sure though.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Welp.

Yeah they really shouldn't be using pictures of actual crying children in court for their hoax news website.

i was 15 once and never swatted anyone

throw the book at him, is what i'm saying

edited August 2014
    P10 wrote: »
    i was 15 once and never swatted anyone

throw the book at him, is what i'm saying

yeah it's perfectly reasonable to give someone a sentence greater than if they had raped a child for this

that makes sense

you know because we don't have access to any other punishments, like banning their access to computers

override367 on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    I have mixed feelings about that sentence.

In the first place children shouldn't be tried as adults, however if that is the standard being applied then it doesn't seem that over the top. "Terrorism" seems like a bit of a stretch.

What would a person get for kicking down someone's door and shooting someone if they did it themselves as opposed to inducing someone else to do it?

The fact that the police in the US seem to deploy SWAT teams at the drop of a hat (which they undoubtedly do) is another matter entirely, but I don't think you can reasonably criticise the police for taking a fabricated emergency report at face value.

edited August 2014
    terrorism isn't just much of a stretch, its absurd!

the only reason "Swatting" is so dangerous is because America's police don't even put in token efforts to verify the danger or risk in a situation before kicking down doors and opening fire on any living thing they see

And you can reasonably criticize the police for not verifying a situation before breaching into a home and shooting everyone

override367 on
    japan wrote: »
    The fact that the police in the US seem to deploy SWAT teams at the drop of a hat (which they undoubtedly do) is another matter entirely, but I don't think you can reasonably criticise the police for taking a fabricated emergency report at face value.

Yeah, SWAT kicks in doors way too often, but it's not like they can not react to a reported hostage situation.

25 to life is way harsh (even if it was a fake article in this case), but I am totally behind anyone of adult age doing at least two years behind bars for swatting someone.

Echo wrote: »
    japan wrote: »

Yeah, SWAT kicks in doors way too often, but it's not like they can not react to a reported hostage situation.

25 to life is way harsh (even if it was a fake article in this case), but I am totally behind anyone of adult age doing at least two years behind bars for swatting someone.

no disagreement here, definitely a felony

but like

A guy I went to highschool with murdered his nephew and didn't get 25 years

i assume the reasoning behind the harsh sentence is to act as a deterrent against swatting

i'm also not sure what you think the police should do to verify the situation

edited August 2014
    P10 wrote: »
    i assume the reasoning behind the harsh sentence is to act as a deterrent against swatting

i'm also not sure what you think the police should do to verify the situation

Something other than shooting to kill literally the first person they see? Asking the neighbors if they're aware of the situation? Calling the home to see if the hostage taker has any further demands? Surveillance?

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.