As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Crisis on Infinite [Superheroes]: A Multimedia Adventure

BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
You guys like superheroes? We got all kinds.

You can watch em on the big screen:

5303a04074c2a.jpg

Batman_v_Superman_logo.jpg

You can watch em on the small screen:

agents-shield-season-2-renewal.jpg

agent-carter-logo-600x337.jpg

ol.jpg

Soon you'll even be able to stream em off your netflix box!

rs_634x1024-140805090557-634-2charlie-cox-daredevil.ls.8514.jpg

Also I guess some losers apparently read about em in these little floppy magazines or digital downloads.

All-New-Captain-America-Sam-Wilson-Falcon1.jpg

tumblr_n8i2hc6hFn1qcw9rdo1_500.jpg

And some even bigger losers read those things without even any superheroes in them!

fadeout01coverjpg-8de6b8_960w.jpg

deadly-class-01.jpg

How do you consume your superheroes or superhero substitutes?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I like superheroes

PSN- AHermano
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I like superheroes like I like my coffee

Usually from a major corporation

BUT I COULDN'T EAT A WHOLE ONE

PSN- AHermano
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    So I feel like a little bit of a dummy considering how hard I was hyping Secret Avengers the last couple weeks cause I hadn't read the most recent issue and then I finally did last night and I hated it so much that I almost want to drop the book.

Kot's Deadpool is everything I hate about the character turned up to not even 11, its like 25. It's awful. Holy shit it was so grating.

I literally love every other part of the book but if he's going to be a regular I will have to stop reading.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    He is absolutely not a regular

Like they literally introduce him going HEY IT'S A DEADPOOL GUEST APPEARANCE TO BOOST SALES Y'ALL

CYpGAPn.png
    if only that was all they did

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    It's a sad day when Deadpool appearances boost sales

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
    It's a sad day when Deadpool appearances boost sales
    So

The last decade or so?

CYpGAPn.png
    why can't everyone write Deadpool like Rick Remender did.

Then he'd actually be a legitimately good character instead of this monstrosity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    To the person who pointed out that SHIELD is in fact bad at their jobs, I just want to say yes. Yes they are.

I thought the Deadpool issue was fine

Secret Avengers has been poking through the fourth wall this entire run and there were some great gags like the Hawkeye montage

CYpGAPn.png
    Deadpool has multiple conversations with Ales Kot where he addresses him by name and Ales Kot actually talks back to him.

No.

No.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I just really hate deadpool in everything that's not Remender's Uncanny X-Force

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Deadpool has multiple conversations with Ales Kot where he addresses him by name and Ales Kot actually talks back to him.

No.

No.
    As opposed to Ales Kot making Arrow jokes and MCU references in the little character blurbs?

This stuff has been through the whole run so far

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

No.

No.
    As opposed to Ales Kot making Arrow jokes and MCU references in the little character blurbs?

This stuff has been through the whole run so far

there is a huge difference between the narration doing it and an actual character doing it.

Also those other things were subtle, this issue has extended dialogue where Deadpool tries to tell Hawkeye they are inside a comic book.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The only difference that deadpool makes is that now one of the characters talks back

Literally everything else is the same

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    The only difference that deadpool makes is that now one of the characters talks back

that is all of the difference, that is everything

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Deadpool's current solo series is really good right now you guys

I vastly prefer 4th wall breaking Deadpool, with actually funny jokes of course, to Daniel Way's self-arguing and meme referencing version that was popular everywhere

Remender's Deadpool is the best but I thought Kot was fine

CYpGAPn.png

that is all of the difference, that is everything
    Nah

Like if he was a regular then sure

But for a one-off issue it is nothing

CYpGAPn.png
    I would much rather Deadpool argue with himself than with Ales Kot, and I also trust Kot would write better jokes for him than Daniel Way was capable of.

Although I found all of this Deadpool stuff brutally unfunny so maybe I'm wrong on that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Deadpool is crazy, not hyper aware of the fact he;s in a comic. He's a guy who thinks he's in a comic.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Deadpool is crazy, not hyper aware of the fact he;s in a comic. He's a guy who thinks he's in a comic.
    Nah

It depends on who is writing him

He was literally arguing with the writer in Secret Avengers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    he can explicitly break the fourth wall, but it's stupid when the character knows he's doing it

plus a character having a direct conversation with the author is a super lazy way to say whatever the author wants to say

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    if he's in a comic and he think's he's in a comic doesn't that mean he knows he's in a comic

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    To the person who pointed out that SHIELD is in fact bad at their jobs, I just want to say yes. Yes they are.

Unless it's Hickman's SHIELD, who historically was pretty badass. Also, completely insane in scope and roster.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    deadpool and sentry haven't ever had a team up, have they?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    -Tal wrote: »
    if he's in a comic and he think's he's in a comic doesn't that mean he knows he's in a comic

No

PSN- AHermano
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    he can explicitly break the fourth wall, but it's stupid when the character knows he's doing it

plus a character having a direct conversation with the author is a super lazy way to say whatever the author wants to say

all that happened in Byrne's She-Hulk though and that series was fantastic

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Today I splurged a bit and picked up Superior Spidey vol 4 and issue 32, Ms. Marvel issues 6&7, and Ghost Rider issue 6. Got Ms. Marvel added to my pull so I can keep up on it and I'll just grab the first trade in October to fill in the gaps between issue one and six.

I didn't realize All-New Ghost Rider was getting a new art team, and I don't think I like it better than Tradd Moore's work. However, I'm more than intrigued by the plot their setting up, with
    the original Ghost Rider potentially coming in to help???!!
    , so I'll stick with it.

I also took ASM and Cap. Marvel off my pull cuz neither of them did much for me. Maybe I'll read Spider-Verse if I hear good things.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Oh god it's breeding

PSN- AHermano
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I wish my superpower was not getting stung 7 times by hornets, right about now

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    Chip Zdarsky is a beautiful beautiful madman

CYpGAPn.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    originalsin-zdarsky1.jpg

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Unless it's Hickman's SHIELD, who historically was pretty badass. Also, completely insane in scope and roster.

Speaking of which, what happened to Hickman's second SHIELD mini

TOO MANY FINGERS

NOT ENOUGH FINGERS

Kills me

CYpGAPn.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    we can but dream

This discussion has been closed.