As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Everybody's dead, Dave.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    The problem is these changes are slooooooooooooow to come out. I understand their original plan was fast as hell but also had the barest kind of QA possible, but now we're back to Blizzard Slow patch speeds.

And hell, maybe that's the only kind of speed possible. Maybe this genre isn't all that sustainable.

It's certainly tough, but it is doable.

I think it's definitely doable to be faster than Blizzard (FFXIV is the obvious example), but I think in the future I'm going to have to laugh if a company says they'll be able to keep up with monthly content patches.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Fortunately I think they've bought themselves a bit of time with Drop 4. Most raiders have an entirely new zone to work on, and shiphands/glory provided more casual PvEers more to do. The path removing PVP ratings from current gear should hit Tuesday which will give anyone who wanted those skins but didn't want to do Arena a goal to work toward for a bit.

Finally, drop 5 seems to have the contract system, which is another thing targeted at the non-raiding crowd to give them something to do. Hopefully they talk more about it before too long.

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    The problem is these changes are slooooooooooooow to come out. I understand their original plan was fast as hell but also had the barest kind of QA possible, but now we're back to Blizzard Slow patch speeds.

And hell, maybe that's the only kind of speed possible. Maybe this genre isn't all that sustainable.

It's certainly tough, but it is doable.

I think it's definitely doable to be faster than Blizzard (FFXIV is the obvious example), but I think in the future I'm going to have to laugh if a company says they'll be able to keep up with monthly content patches.

I don't think it's at all impossible, but it depends on your tools and how much you're putting out. Unique tileset and tiers of progression or something, no, that's not happening monthly.

• Options
    This patch, at least temporarily, has really breathed some life into BG queues. Most were popping in under a minute. With the reward bag for doing randoms and the extra prestige for doing the daily, even getting a bad string of losses still lets you feel like you're making some progress.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Now what about arenas?

• Options
    I've never been an arena person, so you'll have to ask someone else.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    10 day free trials have arrived.
    https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetrial

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The first pass of Drop 5 has hit the test server. In addition to this there are many class changes.
    1.3.0 Features Summary

Quest Sharing Fixes, Levels 42-50

Quest sharing has been streamlined throughout Malgrave, Grimvault, Blighthaven and The Defile. Additionally, Blighthaven features a fast travel destination from the capital cities at the Nursery Trading Post, and new soloable daily quests. The Defile’s Dominion and Exile suppliers have moved from their original homes in the Sonic Plaza to new locations at Final Light and Hope’s Dare in the Dread Traverse. These new locations feature a transmat terminal, crafting and engraving stations, and a fast travel destination from the capital cities.

Arkship Updates

The Destiny and The Gambler’s Ruin tutorial experiences have been streamlined.

Levian Bay Adventure

Bay of Betrayal: Get ready for a brand new adventure. Harness astonishing new powers in a frantic race against the Ascendancy’s greatest champions.

Bind on Pickup Items Are Temporarily Tradable

Bind on Pickup items can now be traded within 2 hours after the item is looted, and can only be traded to other characters that were eligible for the item when the item was looted. The item can only be traded to other characters which were eligible for the item when it was looted.

Contracts

Protostar invites level-50 players to participate in their Protostar Contracts program, which tasks participants with the completion of various PvE or PvP-activities across Nexus. Completing Contracts awards players with progress on the reward track and with unique loot bags filled with fabulous prizes! Find a Protostar Contract-Dispenser in Thayd or Illium to learn more!

Holo-Wardrobe System

Players can now store the appearance of a piece of equipment at the account level, rather than have each character acquire and equip specific items. Players also no longer need to interact with the stylist to edit their costumes.

ICComm Rewrite Work In User/Party

ICComm now supports group and guild channels with better defined and more accessible limits for addon developers.

New 20-Person Raid

Initialization Core Y-83: A single-boss, 20-person raid instance has opened up within The Defile. This encounter comes with an opt-in challenge mode that increases the encounter’s level of difficulty.

Initialization Core Y-83 Raid

Nurton, Kaffee, and a group of Freebots have come to The Defile to locate and destroy the source of a signal that is broadcasting the techno-phage on all channels. To succeed in their mission, they need your assistance. Find Nurton in Hope’s Dare or Final Light in The Defile to participate in this optional, soloable prologue to the new 20-person Initialization Core Y-83 raid.

Levels 3-6 Zones Streamlined

Levian Bay, Crimson Isle, Everstar Grove, and Northern Wastes have been streamlined to make quests easier to understand and to reduce travel times between playspaces.

Objective Tracker Improvements

A new interface has been added to better track quests, path missions, challenges and other content. This new tracker includes a lot of customization for players to decide how much content they want to see in the tracker.

Optimized Raid Frames

Raid frames have received an optimization pass.

Red vs. Blue Same Faction Battlegrounds

Same-Faction Battlegrounds – Battleground queues can now pit groups of the same faction against each other.

PvP Rewards Season 1

Season 1 is now coming to an end. The top 1% of players in 2v2 Arena, 3v3 Arena, 5v5 Arena, and Rated Battlegrounds will receive an achievement and title for their hard work. For 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 Arenas, high-ranked players will earn the Achievement and Title of “The Warlike." For Battlegrounds, high-ranked players will earn the Achievement and Title of “The War-Forged."

Levian Bay PCP

Enter Star-Comm Basin, a new level-50 zone set in Levian Bay, and participate in its dynamic, daily, event-driven playspace. The Caretaker has sent out a call for help after getting caught in the middle of a dust-up between the Exiles and the Dominion. Too bad the creepy cavalry includes Ikthians, Marauders, and the Strain. Ready to throw down? Triple the threat, triple the corpses!

Taxi Unlock Changes

Taxi kiosks will now unlock automatically as players reach the minimum level for a zone’s content.

Vanity Pets

Players can now collect and summon companion pets in WildStar. Accentuate your personal style with a pet rowsdower, pumera or even a cute little probebot!

Overhead Icons for Vendor Variants

Vendor Icon Callouts: Vendors across Nexus will now have unique Icons above their heads to better indicate their specialized wares.
    Optimization

We reduced some of the Hard Drive reads that happen while moving around and while looking around.

We removed some massive frame rate drops that could occur if players were running on objects and into a wall.

Artereis on
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    5ddb1kb1tqbj.jpg

Man, I forgot how detailed this game could be sometimes. Either way, picked it up again, leveling a new character though. One day, i'll do GA / DS. One Day.

• Options
    Killed the System Daemons tonight. We'll finally be able to check out Datascape proper on Monday. :D

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Killed the System Daemons tonight. We'll finally be able to check out Datascape proper on Monday. :D

My guild downed the daemons last night as well! Gratz, feels good yeah? Which guild are you in?

• Options
    EisenhideEisenhide Registered User regular
    So, tempted to come back to this. I'm still subbed to wildstar reddit. I played a beautiful granok medic before. Not sure where PAers are nowadays, but I'd like to find a home. Playing solo is boring and kind of is what turned me away in the first place.
    Any old hats around? I'd like to stay exile, buuuuuuttttt I could turn Dominion without too much fuss.
    TL;DR : Looking for friends to play with!

• Options
    Im playin exile side in the guild named Cold Fusion. Whats your duders name?

• Options
    Eisenhide!

• Options
    Exile side? Your traitor.

• Options
    Not my fault. Who wouldn't want to be a Big Damn Hero? Also Rock-people. Dominion has...rats?

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Eisenhide wrote: »
    Not my fault. Who wouldn't want to be a Big Damn Hero? Also Rock-people. Dominion has...rats?

Robot vixens.

Sexy horned huntresses.

Minibars and gold plating everywhere.

Whatever Chuas do besides blow things up.

Basically the only thing they don't have is a sense of humour.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Rock-people out weigh all of those things. Literally.
    Also, I miss you core.
    I sent all of my plat to Kragor(Tayrun) prior to my departure. Possibly the worst news upon return. Mostly because I had to re-purchase skills. What the heck, carbine

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

Robot vixens.

Sexy horned huntresses.

Minibars and gold plating everywhere.

Whatever Chuas do besides blow things up.

Basically the only thing they don't have is a sense of humour.

Dominion has the best music too!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Also, I miss you core.
    I sent all of my plat to Kragor(Tayrun) prior to my departure. Possibly the worst news upon return. Mostly because I had to re-purchase skills. What the heck, carbine

I miss you too Eisen. I'm pretty much full on long term committed to FF14 now, especially with it's first expack coming out this June and my plans to give livestreaming another shot starting next month, so that's where I'll be if you ever wanna stop by Eorzea and say hello.

I might play Wildstar again one day but it's going to be a while.

488W936.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Also, I miss you core.

I miss you too Eisen. I'm pretty much full on long term committed to FF14 now, especially with it's first expack coming out this June and my plans to give livestreaming another shot starting next month, so that's where I'll be if you ever wanna stop by Eorzea and say hello.

I hope you do get back into streaming.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    Also, I miss you core.

I do too; and I intend to try and make it a full time thing to see if it goes anywhere, as an alternative to not finding a summer job again.

It's kinda crazy the money some streamers pull in, and even a fraction of that would be super helpful. Not to mention the fact I always enjoyed it when I did it and now I am in a better position to do it better with higher bitrates.

488W936.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Also, I miss you core.

I do too; and I intend to try and make it a full time thing to see if it goes anywhere, as an alternative to not finding a summer job again.

It's kinda crazy the money some streamers pull in, and even a fraction of that would be super helpful. Not to mention the fact I always enjoyed it when I did it and now I am in a better position to do it better with higher bitrates.

Also actual content. :3

• Options
    Yea, no one was recruiting for anything on the dom side, so I traitor'd up. Levelling a stalker, and a medic. Good time so far. Thayd >>> Illium. It's insane how different they are from a concept view.

• Options
    I always did enjoy thayd/orgrimmar more than I did illium/whatever-that-alliance-place-was. Storm something?

Noiz, I'd be interested in levelling something with you or anyone. Just to get the ol' finger twitch and UI stretched out and warmed up.
    If not, I'm always down to help with shiphands or whatever, if you needs it.
    Ironhide Prime is IGN.

@Corehealer I might fool around in eorzea again, at some point. I have a few friends that still play. I'm mostly looking for long-lasting community :/. If Anarchy-Online wasn't so awful, I'd still be there with the guys I played with as a teenager.

• Options
    Alllllright.
    Literally the day I re-activate, the guild I was in puts up a MotD that they are done and looking for a new game.
    Come on.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Alllllright.
    Literally the day I re-activate, the guild I was in puts up a MotD that they are done and looking for a new game.
    Come on.

It's a sign, you've been warned.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Naw, I came back because I really enjoyed the mechanics, gameplay and content. I like the game.
    There *is* a community, I just want to find it, haha. I mean even the guild I came in on was farming Genetic Archives, I guess they couldnt pull enough. Dominion, apparently, PuGs GA weekly

• Options
    @Noizlanif what is your in game name?

• Options
    Motoz gunrunner or esnallera renasllea. Dorry been doing home and school and work stuff! I should be on later!

• Options
    Limbo Infomatrix is probably the single most bug-concentrated encounter I've ever seen, but we got it. It's so bad, guys. I mean, the fight itself is really cool and would be pretty easy if it worked correctly, but in one encounter we had:
    • Telegraphs that would appear around 3 party members and then disappear and follow you anywhere ticking damage until they killed you
    • A telegraph that looked like it was going to be on one person during its wind up and then start dropping from someone else
    • particle effects that refused to dissipate over the course of the encounter, leaving the entire fight area covered in electricity effects
    • positive ground effects placing on the ground below the temple instead of the temple floor and not reaching anyone

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wildstar? Buggy?

Ya don't say

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Current day 6(I think?) report:
    Still fun.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Sadly if this is true I don't think anyone would be surprised.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Sadly if this is true I don't think anyone would be surprised.

It's a good way to get the playerbase back after the fix things up a bit.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    They're also doing a promo for new box sales to help clear out physical stock in the US. The cat mount is fantastic.

• Options
    The real question is if the game is improved enough that people will stick around after it goes free. Long enough to spend on... not sure. Cosmetic items I would assume,

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    I wonder how a F2P crowd would deal with HARDCORE raids and whatever, though it sounds like they've been working on making them more accessable.

• Options
    Astale wrote: »
    I wonder how a F2P crowd would deal with HARDCORE raids and whatever, though it sounds like they've been working on making them more accessible.

If I thought they still took too long, I'd ignore them. I don't mind a challenge but I also have limited time/energy.