As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Everybody's dead, Dave.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Eisenhide wrote: »
    Still playing. Raiding is a blast, especially when you can actually get the numbers.

There was a pretty large abandon-ship, but plenty of talent and population on Stormtalon to have some competitive raiding guilds.
    I'm hoping it gets better. I'm not sure how long my sub will last. WoW keeps giving me an itch. Clean almost 3 years now.
    I'm beginning to consider alternatives, but I really enjoy Wildstar still.

Message me, Kragor(when hes not dead or is online) or tynnan for circles invites on Stormtalon!

Yeah, so I let my account lapse. 1-50 was great but just didn't have much left to do.

Now my wife and I are back playing WoW after getting upgraded to MoP for free. It's been a lot of fun.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Still playing. Raiding is a blast, especially when you can actually get the numbers.

There was a pretty large abandon-ship, but plenty of talent and population on Stormtalon to have some competitive raiding guilds.
    I'm hoping it gets better. I'm not sure how long my sub will last. WoW keeps giving me an itch. Clean almost 3 years now.

Message me, Kragor(when hes not dead or is online) or tynnan for circles invites on Stormtalon!

Yeah, so I let my account lapse. 1-50 was great but just didn't have much left to do.

Now my wife and I are back playing WoW after getting upgraded to MoP for free. It's been a lot of fun.

And the cycle continues.

488W936.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

And the cycle continues.

She did buy a CREDD before we left though, since she really loves her house and all the work she put in to it. Now her new obsession is pet battles.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

And the cycle continues.

She did buy a CREDD before we left though, since she really loves her house and all the work she put in to it. Now her new obsession is pet battles.

Your a lucky man Saldonas. You farm all the pets for her.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Word on the street is the bronze attunement change is hitting next patch, so potentially as early as tomorrow.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Word on the street is the bronze attunement change is hitting next patch, so potentially as early as tomorrow.

Ah, but when is next patch? I've been assuming it would hit next patch (along with hopefully a lot of the other stuff Carbine has talked about.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Patch release date is a mystery as far as we know.

Them rune changes will be soooo good though.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    They're saying this week for the patch.

Primal Patterns required will only require 100 instead of 300 to get into Datascape.

Monster Hunter is getting reworked so that progress will be tracked from world boss kills before taking it. Each world boss that has a achievement tied to killing it will be looked at and give you progress on it. Any world boss that's associated with Monster Hunter will get a achievement from killing it so they can track this.

There was mention of looking at achievements to credit you for past progress before you get to a step, so maybe they can do that with dungeons & adventures.

Omnia (I totally spelled that wrong) apparently is getting a new drop called the Pristine Genesis Key, which will drop once per kill. You can give it to a player, and when they use it it'll progress them through the entire attunement process up to Datascape.

EDIT: Protostar Games dungeon is going to have a level 10 version as well, to get people acclimated to doing dungeons.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    One thing I will say is how sad I am that I won't get to see the new Protostar Games dungeon. Even with the rest of the issues, stuff like Protostar always succeeded at making me smile.

488W936.png
  • Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Hey so any one on the dominion side willing to sell some tarnished eldan gifts? I need 100 of them. D:

Updated picture of me been awhile.
    l6qh72ja3xv8.jpg

Khez on
    76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    The new ohmna drop will be immensely helpful to catch people up with. Also good for alts and such if we need a specific class for something.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Patch is up. Notes.

EDIT: Whoa.

Completing Veteran Stormtalon’s Lair or Veteran Kel Voreth and earning a gold medal will now each reward a Single-use AMP Upgrade.
    Completing Veteran Skullcano or Veteran Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden and earning a gold medal will now each reward a Single-use Ability Tier Unlock.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, been known for a while. Probably waiting for the new rune changes before farming it properly though.

Also, new patch broke medics once again, yay! In fixing our gamma ray bug they broke t8 gamma rays completely.

On a more positive note, ability point/amp droprates are higher, and can get them from rep/pvp currency as well now. Capped out once I managed to grind 2k more prestige.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    GENESIS KEY changes woot!

Noizlanif on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Keep your balance and content. All I care about is right here

http://youtu.be/COC2iVCUjv0

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »

The female Mechari one makes me happy.

488W936.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Both of the Draken are gold, Jerry.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2014
    Beezel wrote: »

Once again, this thread is haunted by furry little assholes.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Haha, reverting the gamma ray hotfix which bugged it the hell out ended up with some new bugs. Which made carbine realise that the software they use to deploy changes is buggy!

So glad we killed ohmna this week already, hopefully medic changes will actually be working next reset.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Haha, reverting the gamma ray hotfix which bugged it the hell out ended up with some new bugs. Which made carbine realise that the software they use to deploy changes is buggy!

So glad we killed ohmna this week already, hopefully medic changes will actually be working next reset.

womp womp :(

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Finally got to set foot into the Genetic Archives last night and did X89. He felt a lot simpler than I was expecting, but the fight was a lot of fun. The room was a lot smaller than the videos I've seen made it feel.

• Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    so is anyone still playing exile on Stormtalon?

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Grath wrote: »
    so is anyone still playing exile on Stormtalon?

I is.

Took advantage of the free server transfers to desert the dying Warbringer pvp server to go to Stormtalon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think I need to find me a casual guild. Being the only person online with the Big Damn Heroes tag is depressing because its such a good tag

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Grath wrote: »
    I think I need to find me a casual guild. Being the only person online with the Big Damn Heroes tag is depressing because its such a good tag

You can make a circle with the name (if it's not already taken) and then switch your display to the circle tag instead of whatever new guild you join if you want to keep the tag for nostalgia/goodness.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Flicking through all the changes, I am having some serious TBC raid attunement flashbacks.

• Options
    The only bad parts of attunement are the world bosses and the primal patterns, rest was pretty chill. If you could not get silver you probably could not raid anyway, although they did eventually lower that. The rest of the chain was actually fairly fun, apart from maxing rep with main faction I guess.

• Options
    Apparently the few raiding guilds left are starting to leave because the devs are buffing boss fights after a guild kills it. Also, a dev admitted that some bosses are apparently supposed to be unkillable right now.

Geez

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Apparently the few raiding guilds left are starting to leave because the devs are buffing boss fights after a guild kills it. Also, a dev admitted that some bosses are apparently supposed to be unkillable right now.

Geez

I've seen nothing about this. Links?

• Options
    SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »

Geez

I've seen nothing about this. Links?

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/2goklu/voodoo_quits_wildstar/

Voodoo quit because they killed a 40 man boss previous week using a certain strategy and then Carbine hot-fixed it to make the 40-man boss unkillable. Apparently this was not the first time this has happened.

Not sure where the source for the bosses intentionally being unkillable is but it seems to be true, given Carbine's MO.

• Options
    I guess it comes down to how they killed it. Did they kill it legit, or via a exploit?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I guess it comes down to how they killed it. Did they kill it legit, or via a exploit?

It was legit as far as I can tell. They have the vid of the kill up if you care to look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoniEdY_DKs

Here's the explaination from one of the Voodoo guys:
    FYI - This version of the fight is completely different from the new version.

The new one requires your healers to go stand in puddles dropped by the adds that spawn near the essences. These puddles boost their healing by 500% and reduce their cast costs significantly, but the essences have 250% of their original HP. The goal is that your healers don't just stand behind the essence and go to sleep, and that you can't kite adds in P5. As you see in 5, we kite the first 2 waves of adds so the healers can just focus on healing the essences as fast as possible, with all the DPS prepared to burn.

Even with a good push, we killed it with 0.2 seconds remaining on the MoO. I wasn't quite prepared (nor were most, I believe) and we weren't pinned at 14%, so that was closer than it needed to be. This is before the Critical Analysis patch. After the CA nerf, the DPS check was still doable, but I don't think it's even reasonably doable after the latest change. Ignoring the issues with healer threat and the bugs with the circles being too small and not spawning properly, or spawning from the first add (still in cleave), you'd have to do P5 while killing/controlling adds and then kite the remainder, which would be very difficult since P5 waves are .. honestly .. impossible to keep up with.

SomeWarlock on
  • Options
    I'm calling it now.

Wildstar will either be F2P, and gutted in many ways to support that transition, or it will be dead, in a few months, perhaps by the end of this year.

It has a lot of systematic problems evidenced by this kind of repeated watering down and exodus of the playerbase, both casual and hardcore, to the point where even if they do manage to fix most of the issues they can now, they won't be able to get a lot of the trust of those people back and they will wave their hands and go play another MMO or other games instead and forget Wildstar.

NCSoft won't tolerate the game's rapid decline or really know how to address these problems given what they did to CoH which was in a much, much better place before they canned it, so they will most likely just cut their losses and dump it.

This whole thing has been a tragedy and I don't want to see the game die so quickly, but all signs point to it being gone soon, or vastly diminished.

488W936.png
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    As always, I feel obliged to point out that CoH's shutdown had nothing to do with CoH and everything to do with Paragon Studios' failure to develop the additional MMO they were contracted to make. The game was very profitable, but the studio was a money sink. Just turning it into a freeplay hybrid won't do anything to the problems with the game.

I think the best thing they can do is try to pull an FF14 with it. Pull it for a while, get serious about fixing and redesigning, and relaunch the thing.

• Options
    I dunno, FF14 is part of what is one of the main franchises for Square-Enix, and thus there was incentive to "save" the game is only to keep the Final Fantasy name from becoming too tarnished. I mean, the whole FF13 series was kinda mixed with fans from what I saw, so there was some legitimate concern that the franchise was suffering a bit of a crisis of reputation.

Wildstar is not the same deal. It's a new IP that sold well but nothing that rose any eyebrows, and it's been a giant money-sink considering its spent nearly a decade in development. The game didn't even make it through the summer without subscription numbers plummeting, and that's before the 800-pound gorilla in the market releases an expansion complete with fancy ten-year anniversary event. It might be argued that even a token attempt at going to free-to-play isn't worth the money, since that will get drowned out by Warlords of Draenor and every other MMO's attempt to keep players from resubbing to WoW.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Really, Wildstar has too many problems to just go F2P and hope it magically fixes itself. Here's the core list of problems:

-There's just not enough non-Raid content. Daily Zones don't cut it. A common complaint even from raiders is outside raid times, there is just not much to do or work for.
    -Raids are the key selling point for Wildstar at this point, but by Carbine's own admission, there 7 guilds in Datascape, and about 120-150 Genetic Archives groups per week. That means a grand total of about 3000-5000 players depending on how you want to break down the math. For the core of the game, that number is tiny. They need more people raiding if Raids are going to be the core of the game.
    -Bugs continue to be an issue.
    -Performance on AMD is awful.
    -PvP is dead.

They'd need to fix most if not all of those problems first before a F2P movement, since people would otherwise come back, see the same problems that were there before, and leave again. If Carbine had a good reputation of fixing bugs and adding content, I'd be optimistic about them turning it around, but that hasn't been the case, with bugs every patch and surprisingly light content patches that are now delayed. To be honest, while I'd like them to turn it all around, I've got 0 faith at this point.

The only hope they have now is to keep the game on life support, build up an expansion's worth of content somehow, and then do a F2P(or alternatively, B2P) move with the expansion 6 or so months from now.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I try to be an optimist, but it's hard to see how they can turn WILDSTAR around. They may have failed too badly too quickly to be able to recover. Time is very much against them right now, they need to wait until at least the Spring when the WARLORDS excitement has died down before they can launch anything, and will there be anyone left playing by then ?

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Im pretty much done too. Playing Sims 4 instead :|.

Though I will say the only reason I can't bring myself to play now is everyone else left. No guild (especially no PA one) makes a game dead to me. I still enjoy it on some level tough, but its empty now.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i really wanted this game to succeed but its not looking good

Warlords is on the horizon, the very successful FF14 is about to have a major patch and an expansion announcement, Archeage just came out....just i dunno man. i dunno.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Much as I want Wildstar to survive, I almost feel at this point that it would be better for it to die, to serve as a strong reminder to game developers and publishers of what not to do when making a modern MMO.

If you can't figure out a new way to do things or a better way to do the old things MMOs do, to compete with existing games in other genres and other MMOs, then you probably shouldn't spend millions of dollars and many years of development making a game that will flare up and then fade away in a month. It just makes absolutely no sense.

488W936.png