As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Everybody's dead, Dave.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm having the best time with this gaaaame...

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I had the pleasure of running Vet KV with several of my guildmates. Unfortunately we just couldn't kill the last boss, though I mainly blame myself since I hadn't actually done anything combat oriented since I played when the game initially released and I was probably really undergeared and un-runed, but it was fun and I learned a lot that I had forgotten.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Well shit.
    I've been missing 12k cosmic points since the F2P launch, I emailed customer support about it last week and finally heard back. Apparently the Humble Bundle keys don't give Cosmic points, so now my premium month is done AND I have none of the permanent rewards :(

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I only activated with a humble key and played for that one month before f2p and I got all of the first 3 tiers of rewards.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Lordy, I still have 18 Boom Boxes to open even now. Or as I like to call them, Flask of Minor Renown Boxes.

Glal on
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Is anybody here playing on an EU server, and which one?

Have just downloaded the game, but not sure I'm sold on it. Never really liked the humour as presented in the trailers, so I might stop playing real quick :/

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, based on the thread activity, is it safe to say there wasn't a substantial bounce back after going f2p?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Hard to say. The game still feels pretty lively. There just isn't much to come back here and talk about because there isn't an actual PA community.

• Options
    That winter event sounds pretty great, I love the whole theme behind it. They made no pretense about being a real Christmas analogue, unlike a lot of MMOs, it's just all a joke. "What's the true meaning of Winterfest? CONSUMERISM! What's the true meaning of consumerism? Buying things! What things? Protostar things! "

• Options
    nakirushnakirush Registered User regular
    Is there no PA guild for Wildstar?

I've been looking, but can't seem to find one.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    How did the reboot help? Is the game more fun, or are the old snags and problems still there?

Is the game worth playing without spending much money?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Spending money is completely optional since the store is predominantly vanity stuff. There's no PA guild, but there are plenty of good guilds around to join.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I would say that everything feels a lot... smoother? The new stat system is heads and tails better than the original.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I should check this out again. Are the perks for being a subscriber went it wasnt f2p worth it?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Is there anything still going on with this? I am really looking to find a game to play with some people. But having a hard time. Everything seems to be so dead.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Do you mean people in general or PA people? PA people don't stick to MMOs. They flock, they have a fun couple of months, they scatter to the winds.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Both, but mostly PA people. You are quite right in the fickleness of the PA crews typically on MMOs.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    The Ikthian costume is finally for sale in the store. Now I just need my artifact pistols and I can "win" the game.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    New stuff announced! Arcterra! Beautiful looking arctic zone, with a Osun city frozen in the ice, looking a chilly version of Kel'Voreth.

Not sure if this is gonna be the drop with the Red Moon Terror raid, but it says there will be more information about more stuff forthcoming. I'm looking forwards to the new single-player story instance the most, the Vault of the Archon that was hinted at back in the first solo instance. Gotta get my lore on!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    It's coming to Steam too, alongside Arcterra, according to PCGamer.

• Options
    Looks like Arcterra is a new daily quest zone and the zone event is the 'Snowball Boss' event, where you killing increasingly stronger boss mobs until 20-man bosses start to spawn. Also there's something like a 5-man dungeon that is unlocked for your faction if you win the zone event, so it seems like the event is like the Malgrave Containment R-12 Event, but with a 5-man dungeon instead of a world boss. They're also making the solo dungeons expandable to 5-mans, which is neat. Also mention of an upgrade system for your gear to give a flat bonus to a piece, sound similar to WoW's valor point system.

Turns out that the next raid won't be in drop 7 though, which is too bad.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    At least Redmoon Terror is expected to be on the PTR soon. Knowing it's coming is better than nothing.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    A Redmoon themed raid would be pretty dope after all the Strain stuff. I actually liked the Indiana Jones slash Goonies vibe of Skullcano and the boss mechanics were pretty clever.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    After a space demi-goddess turned colossal genetic nightmare and the most deadly artificial intelligence in the universe, a bunch of smelly pirates sort've seems like a step down. But yeah, the Mordechai Redmoon fight is still one of the funnest things in the game, and according to the lore that draken lady he was talking to is part of the Red Moon raid and she has artifacts that can bring the dead back to life, so we might get a raid version of that fight - yes please!

Speaking of the raid, it sounds like it'll have variable difficulty on all the bosses, so you could potentially scale the fights all the way down to starter raid level or crank it up past Datascape. I feel like that's a good plan - it means the raid is content that everyone can enjoy, even starter raiders.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    They didn't make it sound quite that variable in the stuff I read. They mentioned a normal difficulty scaled to around Datascape level, and a hard mode that would essentially be the new tier.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I got my engineer to 50 finally. Now I have no idea what to do. I looked up at some DPS builds. And they're all bioshell and super redonk.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Humble Bundle has some stuff for Wildstar, mount etc... Old players can buy them too, and you can buy the package multiple times (some stuff is character only if I understand correctly).

So, is this game worth of playing? I am playing LotRO at the moment, this too has a tab targeting combat (aka non-action), right? I have a couple of action MMOs and it would be just lovely to play something else.

This looks intriguing, but how is this game for a new player? Is there fun things to do, or do I have to be max level to be able to play the good stuff? Oh, and I am not much into raiding and stuff, I am a casual player? At launch this game hyped itself saying all kind of stuff catering the HC WoW crowd...

• Options
    We're in kind of a content lull at the moment, so I'm not sure how it is for low levels right now. The polarizing issue is the combat. If you love it, it's the best game ever. If not, then you probably won't want to stick around. I'm in the former camp. It also helps that the game's art style and attitude are absolutely stellar. The next drop is aiming to have more level cap non-raid stuff to do, with even more on the horizon.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Been playing since the weekend, have only gotten to the first "real" map, but there's quite a bit of people in here. And I'm in Dominion, that doesn't have squirrels to get people to play.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    No squirrels, just psychotic hamsters.

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    We're in kind of a content lull at the moment, so I'm not sure how it is for low levels right now. The polarizing issue is the combat. If you love it, it's the best game ever. If not, then you probably won't want to stick around. I'm in the former camp. It also helps that the game's art style and attitude are absolutely stellar. The next drop is aiming to have more level cap non-raid stuff to do, with even more on the horizon.

Yeah I have some free time coming up and I've been meaning to pick this back up. I'm reminded though in the content update about what's coming that a lot of this stuff they've been sitting on for a while because they were in various stages of completion pre-launch but were cut for reasons. Halon ring especially. I'm glad they're finally getting it though because it looks really good.

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    So I'll just have to install it and try the gameplay... I'm all in for humour and silly things, and the game world looks kind of whack in this.

Is crafting any good in this? I like to make things even though I don't usually sell them anywhere, I just make stuff for own use. I would be nice to be able to craft all kind of things. Oh, and can you make furniture and other stuff for your house? And is the crafting portion of the game gimped for F2P players?

• Options
    Nothing is really held behind a paywall. You can take architect as your skill and make decor.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Got a Wildstar Humble Bundle code, having a free mount for all your characters (and housing teleport + stuff, if you are into that) is VERY nice.

Also, Protostar is hilarious.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Until you find out their backstory and they get creepy as eff.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Until you find out their backstory and they get creepy as eff.

Huh. That explains a lot.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    yeah, beneath the candy vaneer of a lot of the stuff you see in the promo work a lot of that stuff steer a little past "dark comedy" into "nope" territory. Which is cool I think, don't get me wrong.

Suddenly reminded of Dr. Lazarin and how he created the vitalus serum
    Using his wife's undead remains

Beezel on
  • Options
    Also, for anyone still curious about such things. Chad Moore (the story director) is now the creative director at Carbine. No mention of what happened to Donatelli but honestly that guy should have been gone ages ago.

• Options
    Something that I found useful are these preview videos for how the classes are now, after the F2P launch:

Warrior:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCBsHvcju1Y
    Medic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isr5w74hZWE
    Spellslinger:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kKhRemWP0
    Stalker:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh8jTTRl0bI
    Esper:
    https://youtu.be/3jy3IjPcLBc

According to these, the biggest changes are Espers and Spellslingers, that are MUCH more mobile now. Which is very good, makes them more powerful and fun.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Redmoon is on the PTR and stuff. Everybody is "oooh ahh" at the new.

Been testing other classes and the Exile side. Medic is fun. Settler....isn't (I despise gathering with a passion). So, trying an Exile Medic/Scientist now, scanning stuff and have extra lore and a robot pet is amusing. Oh, and suscriptors get 2 x more Omnibits and the cap got increased 2 x as well.

TryCatcher on