As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sweet, I'm diseased!

1235»

• Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Meiz wrote: »
    It's not aids, it's Ménière's disease.

Might as well be manure disease, cause that's how you feel when you're all loopy and dizzy.

It sounds like you've been dealing with Meniere's longer than I have, but I just figured I'd share a little suggestion to help you out during an episode.

They tell you to try to convince yourself to ignore your sense of balance by focusing on your other senses. Like trying to focus your vision on a single stationary point. But like I said, my vision was all fuck up too. But I found out that if I put my hands in a fist, rested them on a firm surface (like a table or the floor), then I could rest my forehead on my fists and really focus on the feeling that my head wasn't moving. This really helped me pull myself out of a vertigo attack as long as I caught it in time.

That was just something I accidentally figured out one day, and I just thought I'd share it.

Get some Serc dude, this shit works wonders.

Thanks for the pointers though.

Meiz on