As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"What's Up Hot Dog?", "Hey Everybody It's Tuesday!", and Other [Podcast] Catchphrases

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So I like Serial a lot

a whole lot

but it is kind of infuriating that there have been 4 episodes and i don't even have a good guess as to what the fuck happened and who to believe

i want to believe everyone but some of them have to be lying

occam's razor

didn't see this

Occam's Razor in this case to me means that a really pleasant-seeming guy is actually a cold-hearted psychopath who has spun a whole web of manipulation over his entire community to make him think he's such a good guy and is capable of murdering someone with his bare hands

It also means that the end of the story is "they got it right the first time" which does not seem like the kind of story you would make a big deal about and start a whole series to cover

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    i had my dad listen to the you poppin my stones bit from the season finale ep of utu2tm and he thinks it's basically the funniest thing ever

don't think he's got the attention span to sit through a whole episode though

The drop is the funniest thing to me

"IF YOU START ME UP-"

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    was anyone else anticipating some sort of mnemonic device to pop up towards the end of the latest CBB?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

don't think he's got the attention span to sit through a whole episode though

Sometimes neither does Scott Aukerman

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I finally got around to listening to the Interpol guy cbb episode, they should definitely make up mnemonics more often

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    So I like Serial a lot

a whole lot

but it is kind of infuriating that there have been 4 episodes and i don't even have a good guess as to what the fuck happened and who to believe

occam's razor

didn't see this

Occam's Razor in this case to me means that a really pleasant-seeming guy is actually a cold-hearted psychopath who has spun a whole web of manipulation over his entire community to make him think he's such a good guy and is capable of murdering someone with his bare hands

It also means that the end of the story is "they got it right the first time" which does not seem like the kind of story you would make a big deal about and start a whole series to cover

are you really looking for a simple, predictable outcome to a genuine murder case?

Remind me to never let you be on a jury

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    So I like Serial a lot

a whole lot

occam's razor

didn't see this

are you really looking for a simple, predictable outcome to a genuine murder case?

Remind me to never let you be on a jury

YEAH

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I....don't know why i wanted to do that so bad

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    I finally got around to listening to the Interpol guy cbb episode, they should definitely make up mnemonics more often

I was pretty surprised how much I like the frontman of Interpol. Interpol is a pretty silly band but he seemed like a nice dude.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Hahaha wow

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Oh dear

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Man, why did the G&T Giant Bomb thread have to go and get closed yesterday, because this really, really needs to be recognized:

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Fucking Hell, Dan's George Clinton story on this week's Bombcast.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I like that Andy Daly indirectly influenced this weeks MBMBAM

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Today's 99% Invisible is about processed/factory made white bread.

I love hearing about the social history of food because it illustrates how little we know about food but how loudly we yell that we know everything.

• Options
    i am currently listening to the episode where they discuss how to dismantle an atomic bomb, and I actually was moved when adam was talking about the song Miracle Drug. i have never really liked U2 or listened to their stuff really and they just made me like, really emotionally attached to their music somehow. like evil warlocks.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Man, why did the G&T Giant Bomb thread have to go and get closed yesterday, because this really, really needs to be recognized:

have they not made another one?

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

have they not made another one?

the G&T giantbomb thread was 15 months old, so I'm guessing nobody has been perched overtop the new thread button ready for the old one to get locked as was the SE standard

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Maybe someone in this thread can help me out: I started getting into the podcasting thing for fun, and have recorded three episodes so far in three weeks. I'm researching how to put those episodes up on iTunes, and it seems the first step is to find a site to host the episodes (which can then be linked to iTunes in various ways I'll have to research further).

I have a free Wordpress site, but 3GB probably wouldn't be enough storage as the episodes average out around 110mb each. I have no knowledge of which sites offer the best deal in regards to pricing, but I would really like a cheap but also effective solution. Nothing pricey, just something that lets me store about half a gig a month (assuming I continue to make weekly recordings).

Also, is it okay if I shill my podcast here? The main topic is Final Fantasy, but I hope to discuss things beyond that.

Episode 1 (Final Fantasy XV): http://www.mediafire.com/listen/4kdkvmve66sppsl/Untitled_Podcast_Episode_1.mp3

Episode 2 (Final Fantasy XIII): http://www.mediafire.com/listen/c9in3eaj84ijtnk/Untitled_Podcast_Episode_2.mp3

Episode 3 (Final Fantasy XIV): http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5he9ph4a5cw6zhi/Untitled_Podcast_Episode_3.mp3

I plan to redo the audio on the first two episodes, now that I know how to mix both stereo (for music) and mono (for audio) in a single track.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Alright. I listened to the Flop House again and I've got to say it grew on me. I can see what the appeal is.

That said, if I never listen to this show again in my life, I can live with that. It's just not my thing.

Now, How Did this Get Made? Now there's a program. I say this because I'm about building things up, not tearing them down.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't listen to How Did This Get Made because I hate Paul Scheer

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

The extended laughing got too much for me.

It's a very shrill kind of laughter, and it just gets grating after a while.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    God Dammit

I wish I could live in Dan Ryckert's beautiful bubble world

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DragonHustleDragonHustle Registered User regular

I don't understand how getting your home broken into and having your phone, laptop, and consoles stolen doesn't register as a bad day, but Dan Ryckert has said far, far stranger things and I can't not be jealous.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Maybe we are all broken and he is the only one truly alive in this world

In which case I choose death

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I don't understand how getting your home broken into and having your phone, laptop, and consoles stolen doesn't register as a bad day, but Dan Ryckert has said far, far stranger things and I can't not be jealous.
    Sounds like he got the police on it pretty quick and can quite easily get most, if not all, of his stolen goods replaced via work and had an outpouring of public support he didn't even ask for

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    that dane cook episode of CBB wasn't bad

he nailed would you rather

• Options
    new read it and weep is up, it's about Monster Squad

• Options
    also RIAW is doing a live show over the internet this saturday at 1PM PST

it's gonna be at http://read-weep.com/live

• Options
    BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    ... shrill ...

The perfect word to describe the Paul Scheer/Jason Mantzoukas chemistry. They can be quite good apart, but put them together and it's torturous.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Sounds like he got the police on it pretty quick and can quite easily get most, if not all, of his stolen goods replaced via work and had an outpouring of public support he didn't even ask for

Not to be too much of a downer

but i'm preeeeeettty sure dan ryckert was past 5th grade when, say, 9/11 happened

i would probably categorize that as "a bad day"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Since Dan Ryckert is known for liking early 90s rap, it could just be that he didnt have to use his AK since the fifth grade.
    It would be completely unsurprising in Ryckertworld.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Not to be too much of a downer

but i'm preeeeeettty sure dan ryckert was past 5th grade when, say, 9/11 happened

i would probably categorize that as "a bad day"

He was probably passed out somewhere, based on his other stories. Probably didn't know about it until the next day.

• Options
    he was probably just exaggerating and generalizing for effect

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    personally speaking, 9/11 wasn't so much of a bad day for me as it was an intensely strange and unsettling day

I'm gonna guess that a lot of people that weren't directly affected by it would probably not jump to list it as a bad day

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I've never had a bad day until I watched a bunch of dorks debate whether some internet guy had truly not had a bad day since 5th grade

thanks for breaking the streak, jerks

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    "Mark Wahlberg" does a spot-on 'chirping crickets' sound effect.

This discussion has been closed.