As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Misdelivered package.

muninnmuninn Registered User regular
I ordered an item from a 3rd parry seller through Amazon. Rush shipping by UPS. I look at tracking and it states that the item was left at front door at a time when I was home, and I know nothing was left at my doorstep as I was leaving the apartment 30 mins later.
So it was obviously misdelivered.

Now I will be reaming ups over the phone tomorrow, especially since I have another package coming that day, but what is my best course of action?

Stick to pestering UPS? Notify Amazon? Both?

Anyone has any experience with this?

I have a very disappointed girlfriend here, and I would want to fix it up as soon as possible.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Contact both UPS and Amazon.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    I had just the same issue with Amazon and UPS not 3 days ago. It turned that despite the tracking info stating that it had been "delivered at the front desk", it was actually taken to the nearest UPS store. When I called Amazon about it, they told me the address it was at right away.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I had the same thing happen last week, but with FedEx. I contacted Amazon and they issued me a full refund on the spot. If you ask nicely they'll probably bump you up to 1-day shipping on your reorder.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Contact Amazon.

To UPS you aren't really a customer, you don't pay them anything. The most you can do is complain to their actual customer.

To UPS Amazon is a ridiculously large customer and pays them considerable percentage of their total revenue. UPS cares when Amazon complains.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    if they left it on your doorstep, and it got ganked, talk to amazon. usually they will send out a replacement.

UPS is incredibly stupid when it comes to package delivery, if the sender doesn't require a signature, they will leave it wherever, even if you ask them to not do that at your address. i got in a 30 minute argument about it with them.

• Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    It seems that whoever got my package instead, contacted the apartment complex office and dropped it off there. Still called the UPS office and voiced my displeasure. Hopefully they keep some sort of record of these things.

My second package was delivered by FedEx. The guy didn't even knock or ring a bell. He just dropped it at my step and bounced.
    Sigh, at least it was the correct door step.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    If this happens often, sign up for MyUPS. It's free. It will automatically e-mail you when you're about to get a package, and you can also tell them to hold a package at a UPS office if there's one near you.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    UPS gives no fucks about you or your package, try to settle it through Amazon.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    muninn wrote: »
    It seems that whoever got my package instead, contacted the apartment complex office and dropped it off there. Still called the UPS office and voiced my displeasure. Hopefully they keep some sort of record of these things.

My second package was delivered by FedEx. The guy didn't even knock or ring a bell. He just dropped it at my step and bounced.
    Sigh, at least it was the correct door step.

Better than what my fedex guy does. He just drives by enough times until the warehouse will let him leave it and make me come pick it up. I have never had a fedex package delivered to me, I've always had to go pick it up from them. It's gotten so bad I will actively avoid online retailers if I find out that they only use fedex.