As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STO] Old thread is old

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Head to your faction academy. There's a main recruitment contact who has a bunch of assignments: One each per division (including civil corps), one for a pack of doffs, and one for R&D that may or may not give doffs (but gives pretty good ones when it does). There's then three "exchange program" contacts that give you doffs of a specific race, with each race favoring one division.

The first NPC then has assignments where you can trade several doffs for one guaranteed doff of the next higher quality, or one doff for several of the next lower quality (grind unwanted doffs into a bunch of commons for the starbase).

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The assignment I picked up there that's still cooking is "Federation Civil Corps Recruitment" and it's like a long way from completion, if we're talking about the same NPC. I also got the Romulan equivalent of those assignments.

Also just noticed that I don't have the ISS Stadi from the mirror invasion event.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Apparently that was a blog error, the agony rifle was the reward, you'll be getting the Stadi later, probably the next mirror event. Hopefully they do the Breach event first, since the Voth ship is super mega OP.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Where are you finding the doffs? I got a recruiting assignment but that's like hours away from completion. The Delta Alliance doff pack has Scramble Fighters in it, so I got a few of those (I don't have doffs anyway), but yeah.

I am especially on the hunt for the civilian doffs.

There's a chef on the exchange for 8m and I'm like... nah.

There's a recruiting terminal on New Romulus (command) near all the other officer stuff, and there's a few Personnel Officers on Earth. So I did all of their assignments. They take like 2 days so I dunno what's in 'em yet. I got a Vulcan though, she seems... Vulcany.

I need to go see if Time and Tide now has an option for the USS Pastak as a reward. That's a heck of a science vessel.

• Options
    huh. well, I purchased the duty officers from Omega and now when I go to the Active tab on my duty roster my game is crashing.

Dismissing them from my roster didn't fix it either. :\

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Shipwank! Do you like the Nebula? Do you like the AWACS looking variant from TNG? No, you don't? Too bad, it's coming to the game anyway.
    mWxkQIe.png
    Basically the same Nebula we have now with a round mission pod and a square frame instead of the sweeping pylon.

But wait, there's more. A new Nebula in the style of the Venture class, and Klingon and Romulan knockoffs! Nebulae for everyone!
    Southerland-class (Venture nebula):
    fiMIlqL.jpg
    Saucer, secondary hull, and nacelles straight off the Venture-class, with a weird and bulky mission pod. The mission pod is covered in weapon hardpoints, rather than sensor and emitter paraphernalia.

Laeosa-class warbird (Romulan knockoff):
    XNjNA32.png
    Very elegant ship with an almost Gorn looking front end, but with an unsightly pod bolted on like a poorly considered piercing.

Najsov-class:
    9smvbVy.png
    Presumably a very rare Klingon science vessel, assuming the set are stat mirrors. There's the pod on the top, here, like the Southerland it's covered in guns, because Klingons. The most interesting feature of the design is the weird positioning of the primary deflector, set far up on the ship's back rather than at the prow or an underside extension.

Romulans win, as usual, Klingons in a strong second. Feds get some really cool kitbash options, everything except the mission pod is great, but that mission pod. I just want to put the dorsal view in here to show just how ridiculous that pod is:
    https://i.imgur.com/Vwz6muX.png
    It's wide, thick, and it just extends back forever. And it has its own shuttlebay, with an exterior landing strip, and if you look at the first picture carefully, it's got a separate "out" door in the front like the Armitage and Alita.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Heheh. Heh. How do you know that the Pastak is available?

I can't see Kyana for all the ships idling around it.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    So I can access the roster today? The only thing that's changed is that assignments finished... o_oa

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ha, there's someone on PS4 and a few others on xbox having this issue that posted on Reddit. Hopefully theirs will fix itself too!

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    been trying to figure this out for a while... and I think I have discovered a weird bug...

I thought it was just one of my Rom boffs, but it turns out that all of my Rom boffs aren't getting a speed boost when I sprint, so they get left behind. My Fed boffs do get the sprint speed boost. a little annoying. but eh.

There's so much stuff to work on in this game now between both my characters now, can see why they waited to launch the admiralty stuff.

• Options
    Flamethrower.

:D

• Options
    Shipwank update, the Nebula variant I posted isn't the Southerland, in fact, it's a special skin unlocked by owning the Venture-class Galaxy variant (similar to the Galaxy-X skin unlocked with it).

The actual Southerland-class looks like this:
    329f745f269f5d566f932ce820b42ede1479758076.jpg
    55236c616537d9c0d102113108abdd881479758183.png

Secondary hull full of weird angles with blocky nacelles and thin slit Bussard collectors.

The mission pod, however, is the one off the previously leaked version. The Venture skin only gives secondary hull, saucer, nacelles, and pylons, not stanchion or mission pod. Still, Nebula lovers are getting a double dose with a full skin, a partial skin, and an extra couple parts to boot!

The blog implies that the Phoenix saucer pod is unlocked with the Southerland, not an option on the lower level ships, which is kind of a shame for what little that adds, but if you do want to use a Nebula now you're going to want the Southerland anyway.

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    oh no, I saw @tastydonuts post about playing this in the Destiny thread and now, after years of being safe from the MMO Waking Dream because I didn't have a gaming PC anymore, and the Mac "port" was hot garbage, I've found it and downloaded it to my PS4

oh noooooooo

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    This dude has done a nice all (most?) angles look on tribble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTmTO2hbhTQ

he's done the other 2 ships as well

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Huh. I really like that funky Southerland secondary hull. Pity I'm a Galaxy-X fanboy.

Speaking of the Galaxy-X, that Yamato.

No, I must be strong.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    oh no, I saw tastydonuts post about playing this in the Destiny thread and now, after years of being safe from the MMO Waking Dream because I didn't have a gaming PC anymore, and the Mac "port" was hot garbage, I've found it and downloaded it to my PS4

oh noooooooo

bwhahaha...

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Dude who made those used to be in my (RP) fleet.
    Then Drama happened. :(
    I miss those days.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    ah, Drama, the hardest raid boss of all

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Anybody on Console know how to take an officer out of your active duty roster that's not swapping them for another?

• Options
    Anybody on Console know how to take an officer out of your active duty roster that's not swapping them for another?

Boff? Far as I know, once they're active, they're active until/unless you squash them into a manual. Whether they have a seat on your bridge is up to you though; 2-3 of mine don't.

• Options
    Nah, I mean doffs. You can take boffs out your space and ground rosters.

• Options
    Nah, I mean doffs. You can take boffs out your space and ground rosters.

Oh. Well, I know you can grind 'em up into a higher level or donate to a fleet starbase. Otherwise I'm only at like 50/200 so haven't worried about it.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I think... I might... have to make a spreadsheet to track my doffs. It's annoying keeping track of what I need (like, hey I only have one botanist!) poking through the roster manually.

Are the formulas for how much a doff can improve an outcome category by rarity/trait available somewhere?

edit: I may have two botanists. I don't know.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    PS4 Version Black Friday Sale:
    With Black Friday, discerning Captains are looking for the best deal out there. The possibilities are endless - do you go with the shiny new Starship or the latest fashion? Get ahead of the Black Friday shopping spree with a Star Trek Online Playstation®4 early bird sale! Starting today, Captains can enjoy not only 20%-40% off all packs, but a 15%-25% discount when you buy Zen!

From now until 11/28 at midnight, you'll be able to enjoy the following discounts on Playstation®4
    Playstation®4 Basic

All Packs 20% off

500 Zen PS4 Basic $4.99 15% $4.24
    1000 Zen PS4 Basic $9.99 15% $8.49
    2000 Zen PS4 Basic $19.99 15% $16.99
    5300 Zen PS4 Basic $49.99 15% $42.49
    11000 Zen PS4 Basic $99.99 15% $84.99

Playstation®4 Plus

All Packs 40% off

500 Zen PS4 PS+ $4.99 15% $4.24
    1000 Zen PS4 PS+ $9.99 15% $8.49
    2000 Zen PS4 PS+ $19.99 20% $15.99
    5300 Zen PS4 PS+ $49.99 20% $39.99
    11000 Zen PS4 PS+ $99.99 25% $74.99

Make sure to grab this deal before it goes away!

(For our PC and Xbox One Captains, don't worry! We have Black Friday deals coming right around the corner for you!)

source

@hlprmnky IDK if you are a PS4 or Xboxer but yeah... FYI.

• Options
    FYI Research Lab Scientists are used in a lot of projects, usually more than one per project, so getting 5 or 6 decent ones will pay dividends.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Oh, hey tasty, I found a button to "dismiss officer" in the roster of doffs. Drill all the way to the detail view of one, you can drop them there.

Personally, I would like a button to turn some of mine into more bloody chefs. Who the fuck knew, CHEFS.

Also my ops guy has a real thing for Hamlet, and it's starting to kind of worry me. It's probably because he's missing therapy due to lack of counselor.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Chefs? Well, someone has to cook all that V-Rex steak, right?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I've dismissed officers, I want to bounce them back to the general pool from being on my active duty roster. Or is the option to do that nestled in the dismiss?

• Options
    So, it's 25% off everything in the store today and Monday. T7here's 25% off the purchase of zen.

Assuming the command megabundle is 9000 zen... and 11000 Zen is $74.99

I can buy an $80 gift card for $70 from newegg today

that's a net savings of what? I am lazy

• Options
    So, it's 25% off everything in the store today and Monday. T7here's 25% off the purchase of zen.

Assuming the command megabundle is 9000 zen... and 11000 Zen is $74.99

I can buy an $80 gift card for $70 from newegg today

that's a net savings of what? I am lazy

Let's see ...threep-twee threep ...set up a isometric regression matrix three-eep twee-erp twee ...adjust for local variations of the discount field ...twree-teep tee tee threep invert the tachyon flow to account for the "Black Friday" effect tree-dee tweep
    ...looks like the most common outcome of the simulation run is "JUST DO IT".

_
  • Options
    I did it. I just don't feel like figuring out what the savings of doing so amount to. :P

• Options
    Call me old fashioned if you like, but if I could get an Excalibur class with the new-style black-and-white warpaint on it, maybe some shader chrome on the nacelles, I don't know why I would ever want to fly any of these Sovereign-on-steroids God-tier ships.

_
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    I think... I might... have to make a spreadsheet to track my doffs. It's annoying keeping track of what I need (like, hey I only have one botanist!) poking through the roster manually.

Are the formulas for how much a doff can improve an outcome category by rarity/trait available somewhere?

edit: I may have two botanists. I don't know.

Yeah, it gets pretty hard to keep track of. I've got a txt file I use to keep track of them, but I sometimes forgot to update it, which throws a wrench in the works fast.

• Options
    The newegg thing fell through, despite the support person's assurance that they requested expedition of the sale. I kind of think she said it to appease me, and I don't see the point of being nasty to those people (though maybe that works? idk). Apparently the sale on Zen is Friday (Sat AM) and Monday (Tue AM) explicitly, maybe there's time to get something else? IDK.

So, I got the ships but at not as big of a cut that I'd have liked. But eh. My KDF has her improved tachyon once I master it. And... I still dunno what my Tac starfleet character will be. Floated a few concepts around, but haven't had a clear vision just yet. He or she will rock cannons. That much is for certain.

I'm debating adding the uncommon and common officers to the sheet, I have a lot of them and I don't know if I'll be keeping em.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    The newegg thing fell through, despite the support person's assurance that they requested expedition of the sale. I kind of think she said it to appease me, and I don't see the point of being nasty to those people (though maybe that works? idk). Apparently the sale on Zen is Friday (Sat AM) and Monday (Tue AM) explicitly, maybe there's time to get something else? IDK.

So, I got the ships but at not as big of a cut that I'd have liked. But eh. My KDF has her improved tachyon once I master it. And... I still dunno what my Tac starfleet character will be. Floated a few concepts around, but haven't had a clear vision just yet. He or she will rock cannons. That much is for certain.

I'm debating adding the uncommon and common officers to the sheet, I have a lot of them and I don't know if I'll be keeping em.

If you join a fleet, the white ones get fed into fleet project hoppers, and the green ones can be ground down into more white ones for the ever-hungry maw of the starbase.

I'm starting to feel bad for my crew. Brig full of prisoners that keep disappearing, colonists everywhere, no counselor, and every so often you hear "I'm not a refugee! I'm in Starfleet! I don't even know anyone on Trill!" as I trade them for other officers like pokemon.

I'm not sold on the Command BCs. It's sad. I'm sure they're lovely ships, they're reasonably pretty, but my bell is just not ringing, even at 25% off. Now if they were the T6 dreads, oh my lord. Those I am sold on.

dporowski on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    For me, it's about the traits more than the ships. Improved Tachyon being the one. The admiralty cards too, I guess.

Our economy sucks and lobi ships are still way too expensive too, heh.

edit: I can't bring the duty officer menu up on my main w/o the game crashing now... :S

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't know if I can justify 45 bucks to myself for the traits on ships I won't use but for Admiralty. Pretty, though. I'm looking at the Pilot birds, and might grab the whatever it is w/ the quad cannons, since it's like t4/cheap.

Figure I'll go for the Science bird whenever it shows up, the T6 dreads the instant I can, and then something t6 and zippy for a cannon/torp boat, which I've never tried either of.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    There's T6 science ships? Didn't think they existed. :P

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the Octanti's reaction to my liberated borg KDF character talking to them.

My I guess my Rom is a cannon/torp boat... I just fly really fast and dakka into the gravity well or singularity if it's up and it's fun. I think the Fed I started today is going to be a cannon/torp boat too... I just like that playstyle more than broadsiding (which my KDF does with her carrier support)

If I see a science vessel I may make her go full on gravity well and torpedos all day. IDK.

edit: playing an andorian also gets some different dialogues. neat.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    They will eventually! And look great! (Well, the Romulan one does...)

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So the Xbox version never explained it, so what is the bar that fills up above my abilities with the delta logo on it?

Also I thought I would try what I did on neverwinter, which was to sell the contents of lockboxes because for a while they sold for more than the keys cost, and got th kelvin cruiser. And uh, the scale in those movies is messed up huh?!

This discussion has been closed.