As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hero on Friday

MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Im getting in pretty early into Washington on Friday afternoon. Since there wont be much to do the day before the expo, and since Friday is the day hero comes out, I'd be willing to treat some of you guys to a showing in the afternoon.
I'll buy some tickets for about 10 people if anyone wants to come along with me, although I cannot provide directions or transportation (besides getting a taxi, which I want to avoid).
If youre interested in this, go ahead and post. Im just curious how much actual interest there is.

Megapuppy on

• BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    i like free things.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • SarahStilettoSarahStiletto Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    I'd come along

SarahStiletto on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    When on friday? I'm up to go if it's after the WCST gets in.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • MegapuppyMegapuppy Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'm looking at some kind of 7:00ish showtime, when we get in I'll look it up.

Megapuppy on
    edited August 2004
    how old are you and how are you able to pay for 10 movie tickets

movie tickets are expensive nowadays

Borfase on
    edited August 2004
    I'm 22 and I saved alot of money to splurge on this event. I'm here to make some friends and hang out playing video games.

Megapuppy on
    edited August 2004
    well that's good, you can go boozing with us later

i just feel weird having someone i never met buying me a movie ticket

Borfase on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    I would want to...but I already have it on DVD. I hope it'll be undubbed though. And not too fucked with.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • fishpondbubble07fishpondbubble07 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'd be interested in going.

fishpondbubble07 on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    Sounds like it'd be fun. This movie looks pretty good too.

Unknown User on
    edited August 2004
    Hey Legacy, I have it on DVD as well but I would really like to see it on the big screen.

Megapuppy on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    I go into tiny seizures with convulsive ticks of pleasure when I see the trailer to "Hero". So I am totally there.

I refuse to let you spend your hard-earned money on my ticket (unless you insist) but feel free to buy me a pop. :D

Unknown User on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Count me in. I've been a fan of "Tarantino Presents" films since I caught Iron Monkey.

We all meeting at the DoubleTree? I have a Minivan with 7-passenger capacity, so transportation is not a problem (for 70% of us).

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • SnowGhostSnowGhost Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'd gladly come along but I won't be checked in to the Doubletree until, approximately, 6 PM. Are you going in the afternoon or in the evening?

SnowGhost on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    What time is the show and what time are you guys meeting... We're leaving at 6am and we have no idea when we'll get to the doubletree....

but if it's like 7pm i'm sure me and my group are in....

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • MrDigitalMrDigital Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    I am SO going to be seeing Hero. I'm staying at the Coast Bellevue but I won't be landing in Seattle until 6pm and then I gotta go check in. :(

MrDigital on
    mrdigital.png
    MrDigital.jpg
    edited August 2004
    Slacktron, that Minivan sounds great, you can always stuff more poeple in to those for short trips.

Im staying at the Doubletree, so I think meeting there is a pretty good idea :P

But seriously, that hotel is like the hive from which we will all emerge anyways.

As for time, I don't know when it will be showing, but as I said, I'm aiming for sometime around 7:00 pm.

Megapuppy on
    edited August 2004
    Sure, we can pack 'em in. Especially if the theatre isn't too far away.
    I'll check this thread for details on when to meet. As for "where", front door of the Doubletree is perfecto.

Hero currently has 97% on Rottentomatoes. Best I've seen since Return of the King. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1131781-hero/

slacktron on
  • digitalodindigitalodin IowaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    My friend and I are already going but if you want some company!
    We fly in around noon and we are staying at the Double Tree (I don't know what room number yet).

I'm doing some last minute running around today so if you have two more spots open just email me at digitalodin@mchsi.com or leave a message on AIM: digitalodin.

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
    edited August 2004
    Ok, these are the facts as I see them so far:

We will meet in front of the doubletree, next to the door for the showing around 7:00 (im still not sure of the exact showtime, but there are like 3 theaters to choose from aparently)

Ill pay for the tickets for everyone who can fit inside of Slacktron's Minivan (Let's just try no to obstruct the driver's view though)

Well, thats about it, but everyone is invited to come and make a big thing out of it, let's see if we can pack that theater full of nerds who love martial arts movies.

For all of you who have not seen the trailer, or haven't even heard of this movie, Hero is an amazing movie starring Jet Li, And it has some of the most amazing fights ive ever seen. (and totally without CG support to movement as in most of the american movies Jet Li has done)

Megapuppy on
  • FrowbakkFrowbakk Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    movies.yahoo.com

Type in zip code 98004, and the closest theater to the hotel is at the top of the list (3-4 blocks walking distance). With a map link and everything.

Hero Showtimes for Friday: 4.50 (too early for most), 7.30, 10.30 (late enough for SuperTrippers)

I'll be there for the pickup, and can bring 3 more people in my car if need be.

I just hope we can get all of the Cardboard Tube Samurai jokes out of the way during the previews...

Frowbakk on
    Your sig was too tall.
    edited August 2004
    Thanks Frowbakk, looks like we are going to the Regal Bellevue Galleria 11.

Possible showtimes at 7:30 and 10:30. I still prefer 7:30, but are you sure that the Super Trippers can't make it?

I don't want to exclude those guys, but I also want to go to bed at a good time to be up for the festivities.

Megapuppy on
    edited August 2004
    The supertrip is a loose coalition of the willing, so it's hard to pin down details. For my part as Eugene Waypoint Captain, I've tried to insist that we get back on the road by 11:00 AM, which should put us at the Doubletree between 5-6 PM, depending on how the Portland stop goes.
    The supertrippers thought that time structure would work. However, marathon driving is a tricky thing, so I can't blame them if they want to stop four hours for some shuteye. Personally, I think that's unlikely, because they seemed psyched to the gills to get and keep going.
    Check the supertrip thread for details, but right now that 7:30 showing looks like a winner.

slacktron on
    edited August 2004
    we'd have to meet at the hotel earlier than 7 if we're gonna see it at 7:30...it's friday night and it's gonna be a big release

Borfase on
  • JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Indeed. The Galleria sells out of shows regularly as well, so I'd suggest not only getting your tickets online ahead of time, but showing up early. This is probably going to be a big geek movie, and there are plenty of geeks who like to line up for movies in Seattle.

Especially at movie theaters with a roof that protects you from the rain, and Galleria has one of those.

The parking garage only validates for 3 hours at a time, so you may end up having to pay a buck or two when you leave unless you either

A: Park off site
    B: Go down to Rock Bottom for drinks afterwards (in which case they give up more validation).

Have fun!

JoshEEE on
    Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • DysphoriaDysphoria Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'm down for this. Although, I can pay for my own ticket.
    I'm flying into SEA by about 6pm so I should be at Doubletree before 7pm. I don't have anything else to do that night, so why not. Also, the guys I'm staying with are on a different flight than me and won't be in until 11pm or so. So, I might not be able to get into my room until they show up. This would be a good way to kill time until they arrive, but I'd still need a place to stick my bags...

Dysphoria on
    Idle hands spend time at the genitals.
    edited August 2004
    My friend and I will be at the DoubleTree around noon and I plan on having a PAX sign on my door if you want to come in and geek out for a bit. We are going to go ahead and buy our tickets online for the Galleria tonight so hopefully we'll see you guys there!

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
    edited August 2004
    I want to buy my tickets online just incase the shows sell out and I'm left in the rain, but the question is, what theater do I buy tickets to?

Dysphoria on
    edited August 2004
    Bellevue Galleria 11. Thats the place my friend and I are going to and I think everyone else is too.

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
    edited August 2004
    Maybe I missed it, but what time are we all meeting in front of the DoubleTree for the 7:30 showing?

fishpondbubble07 on
    edited August 2004
    I've always gone to movies early, it's just my thing, so I'm all for meeting up and leaving for the theater at 6:30pm.

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
    edited August 2004
    Do I need a printer to buy tix online? I don't have a printer right now so that might pose a problem. I can still walk to the theater (I think) and buy some tix when I come in.

I would suggest a meeting time of around 5:00 to pick up tickets for everyone else, then we can figure out a time to actually go.

If Im able I'll still buy a bunch extra for those who are arriving after the estimated sold out time.

Megapuppy on
    edited August 2004
    Most of the big theaters have a kiosk where you can print out tickets you bought on Fandango.

Borfase on
    edited August 2004
    I just checked out Fandango, cant buy Hero tix till release, and tommorow morning I can access a printer.

Megapuppy on
    edited August 2004
    I just used Fandango a few hours ago and have the tickets bought for Bellevue Galleria 11 at 7:30pm tomorrow night. If you use Fandango the easiest thing to do is just bring your ID and pick up the tickets at the box office because they print off there.

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
    edited August 2004
    Megapuppy wrote:
    I would suggest a meeting time of around 5:00 to pick up tickets for everyone else, then we can figure out a time to actually go.
    The WCST changed and won't be in Bellevue until about 5:30pm. Can we make the meeting time at 6:00 pm?

fishpondbubble07 on
    edited August 2004
    I just bought 10 tickets for Hero at 7:30 at Galeria 11. One is for me, the other 9 or for anyone else who needs.

Sure, we can meet at 6:00 but it's just to buy tickets, to beat the rush (by a little bit).

Megapuppy on
    edited August 2004
    so whats going on

Borfase on
    edited August 2004
    We are meeting at 6:00 at doubletree, from there we will go buy tickets, and then we decide what to do from there.

Megapuppy on
    edited August 2004
    I just bought tickets to the 7:30 show, but my plane gets in at 5:30 so I probably won't be able to meet up with anyone until 6:30. So, if there are any laggers around, we can meet up then and head over to the Galleria (because I have no idea where it is.)

Dysphoria on