As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sweet, sour, saucy, secret [Indulgences]

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    dear indulgence thread i'm basically reading this lady's review of our date on tumblr, this is weird

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    A++ would date again?

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    let's talk about rice baby

so, sometimes i go to the barbecue and they have this rice. golden corral does it too i think

every single grain is like.. perfect, and completely separate from the others. if you tried to pick it up on a fork, each grain just about fall off and bounce off your plate

how the heck do they do that? i've cooked a million difference rices a million different ways, and i've never had a result that came close

Probably steamed Carolina Gold

It's long grain and not particularly starchy, so all the grains stay separate and firm

This has been your food nerd post of the day

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    dear indulgence thread i'm basically reading this lady's review of our date on tumblr, this is weird

I hope you got two thumbs up, if you know what I mean

(please tell me what i mean)

• Options

....link?

• Options

Dude, gross.

Seriously, man.

Jesus.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I was at this wedding reception for a second cousin a few weeks back where they had the most amazing crab cakes.

We were constantly on the lookout for the server who had the plate, and every time one of us went for another one (or two or three), it was always with a sheepish look on our faces.

Man, I could go for some crab cakes right now.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    let's talk about rice baby

so, sometimes i go to the barbecue and they have this rice. golden corral does it too i think

every single grain is like.. perfect, and completely separate from the others. if you tried to pick it up on a fork, each grain just about fall off and bounce off your plate

how the heck do they do that? i've cooked a million difference rices a million different ways, and i've never had a result that came close

Probably steamed Carolina Gold

It's long grain and not particularly starchy, so all the grains stay separate and firm

This has been your food nerd post of the day

coincidentally, i've only ever had the rice in the carolinas

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

....link?

Its not so much a review as a very tumblr "oh just kissed this boy omg we held hands" and then like 200 likes or reblogs or retweets or whatever

ok who is weirder, them for having entries for almost every interaction we've had from us meeting to tonight, and these entries being shared with 2000+ followers, or me for poring over every entry for clues like i'm fucking searching for curlys gold

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    personally i would NEVER share details of my romantic life on the internet

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    curlys gold

God bless you for this.

• Options

....link?

Its not so much a review as a very tumblr "oh just kissed this boy omg we held hands" and then like 200 likes or reblogs or retweets or whatever

ok who is weirder, them for having entries for almost every interaction we've had from us meeting to tonight, and these entries being shared with 2000+ followers, or me for poring over every entry for clues like i'm fucking searching for curlys gold

This is important: does she have her own tag for you?

• Options
    City Slickers 2 is one of those movies that was always on TV, but you never saw City Slickers 1

• Options

....link?

This is important: does she have her own tag for you?

no its filed under the general "my lame life" tag

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    additional info: at one point a cropped picture from an event we both attended that we were in was posted, tumblr people said i was handsome and that we were cute together.

i feel like i'm at the point in my life where experiences could not be understood by say, my grandparents

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    additional info: at one point a cropped picture from an event we both attended that we were in was posted, tumblr people said i was handsome and that we were cute together.

i feel like i'm at the point in my life where experiences could not be understood by say, my grandparents

"They said he's handsome, grammy."

"..."

"I know."

• Options
    edited September 2014
    grandma do you EVEN understand how many reblogs her tumblr hashtag received? some other blog named her BOTM!

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    also apparently she reads homestuck

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    wasn't there someone earlier in the thread that posted that they liked consuming a straight up spoonful of soy sauce?

anyway, as for rice, another quirk about how i like it fried is i like it as crunchy as possible. at first, i just put it in the pan on its own, spread it out, and didn't touch it for a few minutes, then flip it and wait again. then i started spreading it out on parchment paper in the toaster oven.. and recently i found out about the ultimate technique of putting it into a waffle iron, it gets so nice and crunchy.

incidentally, try making scones in a waffle iron, they turn out pretty good.

edit: farg i read your post and thought for a sec you meant your grandma reads homestuck..

i'm not sure i'd be able to handle my grandma doing homestuck references at me

Atheraal on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    City Slickers 2 is one of those movies that was always on TV, but you never saw City Slickers 1

This also applies to netflix instant movies.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    crab cakes are great, I miss them.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

I've got this notionthatthemotionofyourocean

means small craft advisory?

Xaquin on
  • Options
    imitation crab is kind of amazing

you'd think it would be like, gelatin and whatever, but it's just ground and formed Alaskan pollock. So it's still actually seafood!

I dunno, that's just fascinating to me

Also, turkey bacon wrapped around imitation crab legs and fried is pretty good

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

bail

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    ask her what quadrant you think this is heading towards

but pretend like you don't know that she reads homestuck and this is just how you think normal human relationships work

• Options
    oh fuck this tumblr has a dedicated subsection for ships

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I am pretending that you mean that she is a serious nautical enthusiast.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    bail

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My last girlfriend was huge into slash fiction and read it all the time and wrote some. Never got to read any of it. I was helping her clean up her apartment one time and found a journal, asked her where it should go, never have I seen her move so fast, snatched it out of my hands and it disappeared into some drawer somewhere. Super sweet girl, smart as a whip. I miss her, hopefully I will get to visit her soon once I get my new work schedule sorted.

Good luck with this girl :)

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

She's perfect for you

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    dang i bet i could get this girl into persona in a big way

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    A new pizza place opened up a few towns over.

They made for me a calzone as big as my head, a "pick 4 things from this list of ingredients" type of deal.

It was so so delicious I'm going back tomorrow and I'm telling the dude he should be charging several dollars more than $8 for that goodness.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    You fool!
    You'll already be spending more than you should there! Don't make it worse for yourself!
    I want a good calzone

chromdom on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    There used to be a calzone place near the WSU campus...Sella's I believe was the name. I don't know if it's still there, and it's been so long that I can't remember if they were actually good or if my unrefined college palette just didn't mind eating garbage.

I choose to believe they were really good though. They served beer in Mason jars, and this was long before he whole hipster thing took off.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The Low-Cal Calzone Zone.

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Oh my goodness I love rice so much.

Recently I have taken to making rice balls, I have been using jasmine, because it is available and fragrant rice is phenomenal. Also, room temperature rice is crazy refreshing. I haven't looked around for the classical short grain rice though. Also my triangle shaping needs some serious help.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    My "rarely allowed" indulgences tend to be hella carbs

Carbs are life

Carbs 4eva

Mutha-effin tortellini alfredo, oh sweet Jesus

cream cheese and jam stuffed croissants

Scoooooooooooooones

This discussion has been closed.