As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sweet, sour, saucy, secret [Indulgences]

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It's usually the nice actors who can play really good villains.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Children's minds work in mysterious ways!

When I was a kid I used to race my reflection.

And also I used to come home from Kindergarten with circular tears on the top of the thigh of my pants, so my parents requested a conference to see if I could get a new desk that wouldn't snag my britches.

"Uh, it's not the desk," my teacher said. "Every time we give Michael scissors, the first thing he does is cut a circle out of his pants. We even gave him safety scissors and it worked. We don't even give him scissors anymore and he still finds ways to do it."

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    All this talk of taffy and toffee and such, no mention of the unrelated yet similar named amazing Toffifee?

I wish they'd sell Toffifee year round, give me all the Toffifee

toffifee-e1371668868298.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Peaking of toffee, tis the season for the best kind.

Bonfire toffee. I don't even really like sweet things that much but I will indulge the living fuck out of bonfire toffee.

Tom Trot is the most British sounding candy I could ever have thought of

edit: and now I've looked up Toffee Hammers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toffee_hammer

Yup I love getting a tray of blue bird toffee at Xmas with a hammer to break it all up.

Never heard of Tom Trot though.

• Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Peaking of toffee, tis the season for the best kind.

Bonfire toffee. I don't even really like sweet things that much but I will indulge the living fuck out of bonfire toffee.

I was wondering today how to make that - seems like a lot of effort but it is so good this time of year!

Sadly I can't make it but my mum makes loads, as do a lot of of the local bakers round here so I never need to make my own but I am pretty sure it must be easy, like its just toffee but with more treacle in I think?

Speaking of toffifee they do sell them all year round were I live in the North East of the UK, Poundstretchers always has it in.

Professor Fuzzles on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Toffifee sounds like someone trying to say toffee with too much toffee in their mouth

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Toffifee sounds like someone trying to say toffee with too much toffee in their mouth

Or the tax on toffee

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    All this talk of taffy and toffee and such, no mention of the unrelated yet similar named amazing Toffifee?

toffifee-e1371668868298.jpg

That company also produces Riesen (chocolate covered chocolate-caramel and Werther's Original (caramel sweets). They certainly know their way around caramel.

• Options
    I can't even say Werther's in my head without saying it in an old person's voice

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Oh man, Riesen.

I haven't had those in ages.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Oh man, Riesen.

I haven't had those in ages.

I lost so many baby teeth to those things

• Options
    They're just so good.

Dammit now I want some.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular

http://twistedwillowcatering.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/toffifee-e1371668868298.jpg

What, is Toffifee a seasonal thing where you are? It's available year round in Sweden.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    That's why they call you people Sweets

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I never was a huge fan of rip-your-fillings-out caramel/toffee (btw it's pronounced "CARE-A-MEL, not "CAR-MEL", this is a fact and it is 100% accurate, there will be no debate. I am correct forever).

But I used to adore the hell out of caramel cremes. Soft and chewy and deliciousssss:

80b08b341e5b737e.jpg

NightDragon on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Do you say "caramel" as "car-mel"?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    It's hard to say anything when your mouth is full of that sticky sweet crmmrmapphhpa

• Options
    @NightDragon Even though we know better now, my bros and I still call those Go-itses because we didn't know how to pronounce it when we were younger

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    and how do you pronounce Marzipan?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    This feels like a trap

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I've always called it carmel.

• Options
    Marchpane just as the Tudors said it!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Throatwobbler Mangrove is the correct pronunciation.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    and how do you pronounce Marzipan?

Mars-i-pan (short i)
    I'm guilty of usually saying "car-mel" unless I've been watching people cook lately, in which case I say caramel properly.

• Options
    as someone who sometimes give people shit over their pronunciation I should rectify that.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hey indulgences thread. I just found out Burger King has it's ten pack of chicken nuggets on sale for 1.49.
    In what I'm sure is completely unrelated news, my digestive tract hates me with the power of a thousand burning suns.

• Options
    Welp

I have some riesen now.

I am so weak.

• Options
    I got some of those toasted raviolis like Ronnie posted about earlier in the thread and now this is me:
    26f5402942b1bf3e934aec1967213e48-the-happiest-dog-in-the-world-with-a-whole-cheeseburger-in-its-mouth.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    silly DDV. Those are hamburgers, not raviolis!

you can tell the difference because on hamburgers the sides don't join up.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »

http://twistedwillowcatering.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/toffifee-e1371668868298.jpg

What, is Toffifee a seasonal thing where you are? It's available year round in Sweden.

On my way, clean the guest room. I'm moving in

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    silly DDV. Those are hamburgers, not raviolis!

you can tell the difference because on hamburgers the sides don't join up.

Yeah, but the principle's the same. :3

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Speaking of ravioli, does anyone else eat the chef boyardee stuff straight from the can?

I started doing it when the power was out after hurricane Katrina and I still do from time to time

• Options
    been doing that since I was a kid.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Carmel Corn.

Care-a-mel for all other contexts.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    DDV, you're good people. Want some raviolis?

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Ca-ra-mel

Gotta enunciate

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I want some ravioli now :(

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Ca ra mel.

• Options
    yes please :3

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Ca ra mel.

Oh huh come to think of it that's closer to how I say it I guess