As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Look Out, Scooby! There are G-G-G-Ghosts in the Halloween Thread!

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I have wanted to go as Princess Peach for literally more than a decade, but I never have the wherewithal to get that costume together. Then I saw this on natazilla.tumblr.com

j4vrIZv.jpg

I already have those shorts! I can make this work!

No one will have any clue who I am!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm sewing a Pokeball snuggly/carrier for my friend for her kid's costumes this year, Her son is going to be Bulbasaur, Her older daughter will be a Trainer, and the baby snuggly will then be the pokeball

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Posted back in the Giant Bomb thread a little while ago but here is the newest addition to my Proton Pack for Halloween this year.

http://youtu.be/lDNfNq7hVLg

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Tim, I'm always amazed by your GB stuff, but I think we've reached the point you're gonna have to catch an actual ghost now to step it up.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tim, I'm always amazed by your GB stuff, but I think we've reached the point you're gonna have to catch an actual ghost now to step it up.

Yeah at this point the only other thing I could do to it would be to install a mechanism to extend the barrel when I flip the green lever. However the inside of the gun body is totally full of circuitry and wires so the only way to do that would be to extend every LED wire all the way down the hose and put the gun circuit board in the pack.

That is a lot of work that I do not want to do.

If I ever upgrade the gun from resin to an aluminum thrower I might attempt it just since a metal thrower has so much more room inside.

Also at some point I want to build a stunt ghost trap so I don't worry about my working one breaking.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    They're going to have to come up with like, diabetes type 3 or something for you in that case.

I didn't say I was going to eat all the candy. That would be unhealthy.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options

Yeah at this point the only other thing I could do to it would be to install a mechanism to extend the barrel when I flip the green lever. However the inside of the gun body is totally full of circuitry and wires so the only way to do that would be to extend every LED wire all the way down the hose and put the gun circuit board in the pack.

If I ever upgrade the gun from resin to an aluminum thrower I might attempt it just since a metal thrower has so much more room inside.

Also at some point I want to build a stunt ghost trap so I don't worry about my working one breaking.

Have you tried going to museums and mocking menacing artifacts? Getting haunted can't be that hard right?

• Options

Have you tried going to museums and mocking menacing artifacts? Getting haunted can't be that hard right?

Well I've already legitimately seen a ghost so I'm pretty well prepared.

• Options

Seeing one isn't gonna get that sweet firehouse funding, you gotta get them menacing the city!

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    GET HYPED FOR HALLOWEEN, MOTHERFU-

*polite cough*

I mean ...

Yes, I will be dressing up this year and I look forward to many costume photos.

But you go as Mr. Clean every year.

Put on some weight and go as Kingpin.

• Options

Seeing one isn't gonna get that sweet firehouse funding, you gotta get them menacing the city!

Do you hear about any of the hundreds of ghosts running around Omaha? No? Because I'm doing my job!

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I always leave my costume to the last minute, but if I can find a trenchcoat, I might go as Castiel

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Probably not gonna be doing anything this year, but I had the idea of dressing up as Marshall Lee from Adventure Time. Unfortunately I'm a little too chubby to pull it off.

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    so friends want to do a Game of Thrones costume theme

I can't think of character that'd be easy to do on a budget

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I need to start putting my Robert Muldoon costume together.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Alright. Idea for a Halloween costume I just came up with.

Cicerow. Toga with an oar

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Lockout wrote: »

post-capture Jamie. Just get real dirty
    and tuck your hand into your sleeve. Is that spoiler worthy? I don't know where people are at on these things

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    so i'm watching Bram Stoker's Dracula, the one with Gary Oldman as the titular character, and i'd forgotten just how incredible it is in a lot of ways.

firstly, Oldman as Dracula is goddamn inspired like holy shit, not to mention Tom Waits and Anthony Hopkins and Winona (8->)

plus it's also a love letter to practical effects! which is just wonderful, especially since most of the practical effects in it are so goddamn well done.

despite some of the problems it has there's really a lot to love about it as a film.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    seriously i love winona ryder so much and i think if i met her i'd probably just die

i'd die right there

• Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

post-capture Jamie. Just get real dirty
    and tuck your hand into your sleeve. Is that spoiler worthy? I don't know where people are at on these things

eh, better safe than sorry

that's a good idea though, thank you. I was leaning towards going as a lady for the first time, but it can wait until next year

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Hodor.

The answer is always Hodor.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

*polite cough*

I mean ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV2kcT6dSuI

Seriously though, about seven years ago I put in the effort to hit the gym and I *almost* had the muscle mass to go as Kratos, but of course I was tending bar so that ended up being a bust; you can't really tend bar in a loincloth/kilt, it's just not safe.

I always have the old standby of my BDU's and camo face paint: Corporal Punishment. It's great because I have all of the pins from every grenade I've ever thrown and people will ask, 'What are all those rings?'

'Grenade pins!'

*brief pause, look around*

'Wait, where are all the grenades?'

Every year that I've done, I will invariably get one sucker who starts panicking.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I built both my Raptor costume and my Robert Baratheon from the War of the Usurper
    As seen here
    v27zLsb.jpg

Sadly I don't have a camera or a good camera to take the pics of both of them
    I am scary in both costumes

it took me about 3 months to build Robert's armour and easily over a year for my raptor but I did both by myself

I am tempted to were my Raptor costume to work and put on the silly vest they are making people were and telling customers that they are an equal opportunity employer

But online there are tons of patterns to make their costumes or like from the Games of Thrones

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    My ladyfriend's gonna be Louise Belcher

I'ma be Tina

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    so i'm watching Bram Stoker's Dracula, the one with Gary Oldman as the titular character, and i'd forgotten just how incredible it is in a lot of ways.

firstly, Oldman as Dracula is goddamn inspired like holy shit, not to mention Tom Waits and Anthony Hopkins and Winona (8->)

plus it's also a love letter to practical effects! which is just wonderful, especially since most of the practical effects in it are so goddamn well done.

despite some of the problems it has there's really a lot to love about it as a film.

When I saw it at the Theater near Safeway in Cheyenne it was full
    I mean it was the only movie I have ever been too that was sold out and every seat was filled
    But the other thing that will stick with me is a woman with a every thick New York accent said I would do anything for a night with Dracula.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Yukira wrote: »

*polite cough*

I mean ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV2kcT6dSuI

Seriously though, about seven years ago I put in the effort to hit the gym and I *almost* had the muscle mass to go as Kratos, but of course I was tending bar so that ended up being a bust; you can't really tend bar in a loincloth/kilt, it's just not safe.

I always have the old standby of my BDU's and camo face paint: Corporal Punishment. It's great because I have all of the pins from every grenade I've ever thrown and people will ask, 'What are all those rings?'

'Grenade pins!'

*brief pause, look around*

'Wait, where are all the grenades?'

Every year that I've done, I will invariably get one sucker who starts panicking.

If I had every pin from every grenade I threw I could not bend my fingers and I would have a chain of them
    I knew of people that kept the lucky grenade pin or spoon or brass
    I had a black playschool pig
    aes204899888-_zps4095bcbb.jpg

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I am currently playing in a friend's tabletop game, and much to my delight things are taking a serious turn towards the spooky! I complimented him on this fact, and he promised more spookiness.

I need to arrange a Call of Cthulu game I can run on Halloween weekend, I think...

What are some Halloween traditions people I have? I usually try to consume as much spooooky media as I can.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    @‌brainleech Robert Baratheon seems like it'd a hella sweet costume.

I am still researching on how feasible Elite Knight armor would be for me to do for next year. I imagine the helmet would be the hardest part.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

When I saw it at the Theater near Safeway in Cheyenne it was full
    I mean it was the only movie I have ever been too that was sold out and every seat was filled
    But the other thing that will stick with me is a woman with a every thick New York accent said I would do anything for a night with Dracula.

The Cole is actually closed now! I guess it's alright since we still have the Lincoln for the dollar movie second run stuff.

It's nice to talk about Cheyenne with people online, strangely.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Halloween for me consists of enjoying the sight of my kids dressed up and a trip around the block for some candy. I then pick some of my favorites out once they are in bed. Mua ha ha ha!

Although this year I will be getting extra festive, because I recently ordered the lego haunted house and I am very excited to put it together.

• Options
    Also, anyone interested in a really decent horror/suspense flick should check out Below, it's on netflix right now.

Boiled down to its simplest, spooky goings on aboard a ww2 submarine, with very careful attention paid to both historical fact and atmosphere, and very solid performances all around.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    @‌brainleech Robert Baratheon seems like it'd a hella sweet costume.

I am still researching on how feasible Elite Knight armor would be for me to do for next year. I imagine the helmet would be the hardest part.

It was for me
    I made my own antlers for the helm I just have to finish painting it

• Options
    If I ever dod Robert I'd have to be fat old Robert

• Options
    I could probably do Gregor Clegane at how tall I am

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    If I ever dod Robert I'd have to be fat old Robert

same here!

• Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    Alright. Idea for a Halloween costume I just came up with.

Cicerow. Toga with an oar

I appreciate this.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Nearo.

Toga, fiddle, and you stand really close to people.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I need to think of more punny costume ideas

Though maybe I should finally just do spiderhyphenman

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I think I was 18 when I wore a t-shirt with a big letter 'P' on the front and big, dark rings of black makeup around my eyes to be a Black Eyed P.

When I was 19, I wore plaid pajama bottoms, a plaid long-sleeved shirt and plaid face paint to become Flannelman.

When I was 20, I just had an oversized postage stamp on a plain white t-shirt to be a First Class Male.

I ...

I'm not very creative.

• Options
    My girlfriend's aspiration is to every year just wear plain clothes to a Halloween party and when people ask her what she is, to channel Wednesday Adams and say,

"I'm a serial killer," lean in real close and, "they look just like everyone else."

It is funny, but I wish I wasn't the only one doing elaborate costumes.