As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM, a backlog story.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I finally see some of the Wolf headed ones!

Wait, shit.

The Cultists are in the way. Guess I'm not getting any shiny ranged unit friends...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS3kiRYcDAo

Edit:

Holy shit the top comment on that innocuous Futurama clip though.
    Max Steel via Google+1 month ago

OBAMA SAID HE'S INVADING SYRIA.
    SYRIA HAS A MUTUAL DEFENSE AGREEMENT WITH RUSSIA AND IRAN.
    IRAN AND RUSSIA ARE ALLIES OF CHINA.

THE U.S. IS GOING TO WAR WITH RUSSIA, CHINA, SYRIA AND IRAN.

GOD HELP YOU ALL WORLD WAR 3 BEGAN TODAY

Fyndir on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Depth is so fucking gooooood

• Options
    THIS WAR WAS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE, EVERYONE BACK INSIDE THE CITIES WHILE WE FINISH RESEARCHING HOW TO BEG FOR PEACE, THEN WE GIVE THEM EVERYTHING.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Depth is so fucking gooooood

hullis do I have you on steam

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    nope

SteamID is CapHullis

• Options
    got it. Added you. Out for the night but we'll play

Also you were secretly dan ryckert all along

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Depth is what Evolve should have been, btw

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Depth is my game of the year based solely on the fact a shark ability is called ampullae of lorenzini.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    Also "Hangry", which is an emotion I previously only associated with babies

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Have you never been hangry, Chincy?

Have you never wanted a burger so bad that literally everything around you makes you just want to bite into the corner of a table and scream?

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    OMG when you're a shark and you grab the dude you have to flail the mouse around to flail the diver around to kill him

@rankenphile @world as myth

I came

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Have you never been hangry, Chincy?

Have you never wanted a burger so bad that literally everything around you makes you just want to bite into the corner of a table and scream?

If I am really hungry I just feel tired.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Secret Titanfall thread, I ended up playing this for a couple of hours on Xbox and this game is still really fun. Got back up to level 9 and oh god do I miss electric smoke.

The playerbase seems ok, I only ran into problems a couple of minutes ago when trying to play hard point. There were like 200 people playing that, like double that for the campaign even and something like 2k playing attrition.

If yall are still playing on PC by the time I get paid I might buy it again to play with yall.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I finally put my money where my mouth is (was?) and bought the pigeon dating simulator

i'm gonna kiss all these birds. kiss em' right on the beak.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Secret Titanfall thread, I ended up playing this for a couple of hours on Xbox and this game is still really fun. Got back up to level 9 and oh god do I miss electric smoke.

The playerbase seems ok, I only ran into problems a couple of minutes ago when trying to play hard point. There were like 200 people playing that, like double that for the campaign even and something like 2k playing attrition.

If yall are still playing on PC by the time I get paid I might buy it again to play with yall.

I just genned for the first time last night, gen 2 now!

Losing all my stuff is a bummer but it seems that gen plays a big role in matchmaking and I'd like to play with higher gen folks.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    The GFWL-to-Steamworks update for Red Faction: Guerilla is in open beta
    Today I would like to invite you all to participate in the public beta of Red Faction Guerilla with full Steam Support and complete Games for Windows Live Removal.

-) Matchmaking and Multiplayer via Steamworks
    -) No Games for Windows Live sign-in required
    -) Leaderboards via Steam
    -) Voice Chat via Steam
    -) Achievements via Steam
    -) Uses DX9 Renderer by default as DX10 created a lot of problems and resulted in performance drawbacks (that should also fix Win8 issues)
    -) At first launch the game attempts to migrate savegames from GFWL to the new system

To access the beta please do the following:
    Follow this guide http://ds.nordicgames.at/SteamBetaBranchGuide.jpg
    Under Step 1 select of course the Red Faction Guerilla App
    Password for step 4 is: nordicrfgbeta
    The branch for Step 6 is named publicbeta

I would like to invite everybody to report errors and bugs here so we can further improve the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yo, CoD: AW has a fuckin rad campaign so far

Lagos is the best levEl they've done in ages

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Ahhhh!

upfzvr3nluag.png

@Keith you magnificent bastard, thank you so much!

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    I'm just amazed that they don't allow for five player groups. It really shows that "esports" mentality they are chasing where they'd rather get rid of a possible collusion exploit where a group can farm xp together than provide a pretty fun way for a group of people to play together.

Yeah, that's superdumb. Maybe once their e-sports dream tanks, they'll build it for the actual playerbase/community

I've seen this sentiment a lot (I said the same thing when I found out), but Turtle Rock said five person parties were just disabled for the alpha because they wanted to test the matchmaking. They really should've had some sort of message in the game about it.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah okay CoD, you may not have an inventive story but you're pretty damn fun so far
    Nuclear Power Plants across the globe were attacked and meltdowned by a terrorist group, leading to the Atlas Corp led by TOTALLY NOT EVIL Kevin Spacey becoming the largest corporation and standing army in the world.

Then you discover he learned about the attacks beforehand and let them happen so he could profit

Then you join the SENTINELS which are basically GI Joes that have invisible planes and cloaking armor and laser guns

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yo, CoD: AW has a fuckin rad campaign so far

Lagos is the best levEl they've done in ages

That makes me really happy to hear.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Really I am still on the fence about Titanfall it looks fun but two people I work with ripped it a new one and whenever it was brought up would air their misgivings about it

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    What were their complaints? I found it to be a lot of fun in the beta but ended up not getting it because it came out the same day as Dark Souls 2.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Titanfall was too casual. Like it was designed for 85 year old grandparents on their phones.

:rotate:

Fyndir on
  • Options
    brb telling my grandma I finally found a game we can play together!

• Options
    They thought it was too easy and various rambling complaints about the mechs and parkour

Because of it I got people into Kerbal though many of them don't like how math heavy it is

• Options
    so they wanted it to be counterstrike? Clearly it's not trying to be anything similar.

• Options
    I love Titanfall. At this point, the only game that has a chance of dethroning it from the top of my GotY list is Dragon Age. I love the movement, the titans, the smart pistol (I don't care if this makes me a monster), and even the regen challenges. A sequel is near the top of my most wanted games list.

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    so they wanted it to be counterstrike? Clearly it's not trying to be anything similar.

I don't know really do questionable things like sell their systems and then months later buy a new one if a game becomes a must play thing
    They really did sell their 3ds when the manager started cracking down on people playing pokemon at break and lunch
    One of them bought a new 3ds just for Smash Bros

• Options
    Titanfall plays more like Unreal Tournament than Call of Duty, which might have thrown them off.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    That description makes me want to play Titanfall even more.

• Options
    One of the major things that bothered me about Titanfall and turned me off from buying it was the lack of FF in general, and especially between Titans.

Being able to blast a friendly Titan with anti-Titan weaponry WHILE their precious interiors are exposed to allow small arms to do damage is ridiculous, hitting them in that state with the big guns should be a near-death experience for them at best. It just very thoroughly made me nah and wander away.

People have, in the past, responded to this by talking about friendly troops getting crushed by titans walking around, to which my response is parkour. You're meant to be all over the buildings and shit anyway, so get out of the damn way.

• Options
    A lot of people try to play it like CoD, but that just makes them easy targets.

• Options
    I really want FF in a game to show people blazing away and sitting in one spot are very bad ideas when your friends start lobbing grenades to save you from a rush

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I really want FF in a game to show people blazing away and sitting in one spot are very bad ideas when your friends start lobbing grenades to save you from a rush

Yeah, you wanna be moving when you're blazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EkbAbcdGU

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »
    THIS WAR WAS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE, EVERYONE BACK INSIDE THE CITIES WHILE WE FINISH RESEARCHING HOW TO BEG FOR PEACE, THEN WE GIVE THEM EVERYTHING.

Oh thank the dust, we didn't actually have to give them everything!

5VMMaxFl.jpg

Just...most things... :(

Bonus: 155 turns of progress this is what the map looks like. Settings are Easy difficulty, Easy world, Huge world, and 6 factions.

DQLqJ56l.jpg

I'm currently setting up some proper defense / response forces in each city and trying to work out where the city I'm meant to destroy is so that I can make preparations.

Fake Edit: wait, I just realised, I had to give them all that to get a truce, not even true peace.

oh damnit. EVERYONE TO THE MINES, WE MUST APPEASE THE CULTISTS FURTHER SOON.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Has anything ever been developed with the intention of being big as an esport and then turned out to be so?

Starcraft 2

Jesus, I had forgotten that existed. Only 2 more years till part 3!

• Options
    I got in a few rounds of cod last night.

It's very, very good and a nice change of pace from battlefield

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oooh, I got the Heroes of the Storm alpha

neat!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
This discussion has been closed.