As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] obscures your vision, but the Aliens are still there.

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I decided to reinstall both FO3 and F:NV after mention of a Tale of Two Wastelands. I wasn't aware of this mod but was interested considering how it'd let me play Fallout 3, not only without GFWL on my computer, but using New Vegas' mechanics.

It was a pain in the ass to get installed eventually (Nexus Mod Manager and FOMM both refused to play nice, resulting in a manual installation) but I'm enjoying myself so far. It's been so long since I actually played Fallout 3 that I'm playing it mostly blind.

We'll see how far I get before I wonder about reinstalling Project Nevada.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    And now I want to reinstall Fallout 3. There goes another thousand hours of my life.

Damn you, Steam thread. Damn you.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    I wonder if there are any mods to change the color of the filter. Maybe to something a bit more...pink?
    Fallout Pixie Edition?
    lD2s2HK.jpg

Ah, the true Pinkocalypse.

Kind of funny that despite owning New Vegas on PC, I've only played through that game and FO3 on Xbox 360.

SteevL on
  • Options
    When the Pinkocalypse comes, there will not be rainbows in the sky. There will only be memories of rainbows. And clouds. And happy times. Mostly it will just be woe and tears.

And cupcakes. For the good people.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I've never played Fallout 3, only New Vegas.

Also just consider the heavy saturation as smog. Nuclear smog.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    So if you are in the mood to play a crappy low budget Russian FPS set during the 50s part of the Cold War where you save glorious leader Stalin and the innocent people's heroes of soviet republic, make sure you don't buy The Stalin Subway.

You can purchase the game, and it shows on the store page you've bought it. It won't show up in your library though, and when you click Play Game on the Store page nothing happens. Ok, I lied. Steam will hang-up for a bit. Other than that nothing happens. SteamDB shows the game as an unknown app that has been deleted or hidden to the public but that's kinda weird since it's right there under the New Releases on the store and that sales are going through. It shows as purchased under account details and so on. And the game doesn't show up on Steam Support so you can't even submit a ticket about it, which at this point I honestly find pretty hilarious. I mean, if it was an expensive game or something I'd be freaking pissed or whatever, sure. But this is just weird and now it's like I just want to solve The Mystery of the Crappy Russian Shooter That Isn't There But Is. I mean hell, I was pretty sure the damn thing wasn't even going to run when I bought so I don't exactly feel like I'm missing out right now. But this is the first time I've ever heard of a problem like this on Steam, it should be interesting to see what happens with it.

I got copies of both Stalin Subway games in some bundle last year and trust me, you're not missing anything. They were both pains to get running - I couldn't get the video cut scenes in one to work at all. I don't know where you'd get a copy these days, but for soviet shooters I'd recommend You Are Empty, aka Award-Winning Cartoon from Poland: the FPS.

That looks pretty great but I'm specifically in the mood for something terrible and Russian. You know, a Soviet Call of Duty. I just want to save Stalin. Is that too much to ask? Uncle Joe needs my help.

• Options
    In Soviet Russia, video games play you.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So if you are in the mood to play a crappy low budget Russian FPS set during the 50s part of the Cold War where you save glorious leader Stalin and the innocent people's heroes of soviet republic, make sure you don't buy The Stalin Subway.

You can purchase the game, and it shows on the store page you've bought it. It won't show up in your library though, and when you click Play Game on the Store page nothing happens. Ok, I lied. Steam will hang-up for a bit. Other than that nothing happens. SteamDB shows the game as an unknown app that has been deleted or hidden to the public but that's kinda weird since it's right there under the New Releases on the store and that sales are going through. It shows as purchased under account details and so on. And the game doesn't show up on Steam Support so you can't even submit a ticket about it, which at this point I honestly find pretty hilarious. I mean, if it was an expensive game or something I'd be freaking pissed or whatever, sure. But this is just weird and now it's like I just want to solve The Mystery of the Crappy Russian Shooter That Isn't There But Is. I mean hell, I was pretty sure the damn thing wasn't even going to run when I bought so I don't exactly feel like I'm missing out right now. But this is the first time I've ever heard of a problem like this on Steam, it should be interesting to see what happens with it.

I got copies of both Stalin Subway games in some bundle last year and trust me, you're not missing anything. They were both pains to get running - I couldn't get the video cut scenes in one to work at all. I don't know where you'd get a copy these days, but for soviet shooters I'd recommend You Are Empty, aka Award-Winning Cartoon from Poland: the FPS.

That looks pretty great but I'm specifically in the mood for something terrible and Russian. You know, a Soviet Call of Duty. I just want to save Stalin. Is that too much to ask? Uncle Joe needs my help.

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Nope. Shitty subway game or nothing.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'm specifically in the mood for something terrible and Russian.
    That reminds me this was removed from Steam some years ago 3 months after its release:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzQrgqd1yLY

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    PSA, Tropico 3 is free on Humble Bundle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    DX:HR:DC. Man, fighting Barrett used to be such a chore. Now, it is so damn awesome that once I'd finished him off I wanted to go back and do it again. Pretty sure no-one in their right minds would've ever said that about that fight in the original version.

Minor spoiler for that battle:
    Did it without firing a shot. And that includes the available turrets not firing a shot, too.

• Options
    When the Pinkocalypse comes, there will not be rainbows in the sky. There will only be memories of rainbows. And clouds. And happy times. Mostly it will just be woe and tears.
    And cupcakes. For the good people.
    Millions died when the cupcakes hit Earth...
    o5j3jpa.jpg
    ... they where the lucky ones.

• Options
    Yeah, but the tidal wave of pink frosting was SO WORTH IT for the survivors...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    My GOTY for last year, Splinter Cell Blacklist, is £2.24 over at the Humble Store. It's a Uplay key, but at that price I'll still recommend it. Steam keys have at best been about double that.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Diabetes for everyone!

Wait. Scratch that. Diabetes for no one.

• Options
  • Options
    v7y6eYk.gif

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I don't suppose any one here has played Wildlife Park 2 have they?

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    I wonder if there are any mods to change the color of the filter. Maybe to something a bit more...pink?
    Fallout Pixie Edition?
    lD2s2HK.jpg

Ah, the true Pinkocalypse.

Kind of funny that despite owning New Vegas on PC, I've only played through that game and FO3 on Xbox 360.

Uh oh. You're doing it wrong. Check out some fo3 and new vegas mods and you'll be hooked.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Did anyone mention that Tropico 3 is free at the Humble Store today? I skipped the first 2 freebies, I might actually get this one. Anyone play it?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Anybody planning on upgrading their video card?

The new gtx 970 is only $369 CAD regular price, and its benchmarks are slightly above a gtx 780, a $529-$600+ CAD card!

I found my next pc upgrade...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Did anyone mention that Tropico 3 is free at the Humble Stroe today. I skipped the first 2 freebies, I might actually get this one. Anyone play it?

Tropico 3 is generally considered a pretty good management game. Might as well grab it since it's free.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    My GOTY for last year, Splinter Cell Blacklist, is £2.24 over at the Humble Store. It's a Uplay key, but at that price I'll still recommend it. Steam keys have at best been about double that.

I've avoided it for so long. Is the multi still active?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Contraption Maker for the price of a cup of coffee, yah, gonna have to jump on that. Speaking of The Incredible Machine spiritual successors on sale, Crazy Machines 2 is individually on sale, but not the pack, so buying individually is like $4 cheaper

Also, having a blast in Guacamelee. Even with it's sometimes brutal platforming, I find it nice break from my Super Mario World playthrough that had stalled out at the Chocolate Ghost House.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! In honor of the release of a franchise that has taken more than its fair share of quarters from me in the past, I am giving away 2! Yes, 2! copies of the upcoming Gauntlet. For those of you unfamiliar with the series A) Shame on you, and B ) 4 player co-op with a Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, and Wizard. It should be loads of fun and everyone should play! Open to G&T members, ends at 6 am Pacific time September 23 (so I can send the gifts out to people the day of before I leave for work)! Enjoy!

signature.png

Repost

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Whoa, lumberwork!

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    anoffday wrote: »

Good question. I just hopped on to multi and couldn't find a match. (I didn't try looking for a co-op partner.) Having not yet played multi on PC, and thus being a level 1 nooblet, it has me locked out of anything but Training Grounds and 2v2 Spies vs Mercs classic. The other modes (TDM, 4v4 SvM Blacklist, etc) unlock at rank 5 so it's possible there's still people playing that have already hit that level. (On the 360 version where I've played much more it took like two matches to get to that level so if you can get in a group for a couple of rounds you're golden.)

I'd have hoped that it'd get an influx of new players with the sales it's had; maybe I'll try again in a few days because this sale is on for a week, so maybe it'll entice some people.

Just be aware that if you want to play with friends you'll need to be friends with them on Uplay, and that goes for having the game on Steam as well. It'll still make you install and use Uplay.

So, there's the caveat: if you're buying it, be sure you care about playing the single-player game. That includes the 10-15 hour campaign, which is fantastic all the way through, and three of the four sets of side missions can be played solo too. One set is co-op only (I have yet to play those, sadly). There is plenty of replay value in all of the above; the scoring system rewards multiple playthroughs in different playstyles (Ghost is silent and non-lethal, Panther is silent and lethal, Assault is loud and lethal), the difficulty levels change things up too (for example: disabling the Execute part of Mark & Execute; severely limiting your ammo; etc).

If anyone here who has it or feels like picking it up is interested, we could try and set up a game night for it. As anyone who's played Splinter Cell multi before will tell you, it's definitely best enjoyed with friends. The traditional Friday would be tough for me as the usual time is in the middle of the night here, and my connection really isn't up to hosting, but I'd love to get in on some Blacklist with you guys.

But still. A brilliant game for literal pocket change.

Jazz on
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    My only complaint for the series is that it doesn't have a mentor system in place. Having to hold off playing a particular character because you'll outlevel your friends can put a damper on the game.

That would be amazing. As it stands I ended up having a bunch of characters for BL2 and keeping them in sync with different felt more like a chore than fun.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »

Good question. I just hopped on to multi and couldn't find a match. (I didn't try looking for a co-op partner.) Having not yet played multi on PC, and thus being a level 1 nooblet, it has me locked out of anything but Training Grounds and 2v2 Spies vs Mercs classic. The other modes (TDM, 4v4 SvM Blacklist, etc) unlock at rank 5 so it's possible there's still people playing that have already hit that level. (On the 360 version where I've played much more it took like two matches to get to that level so if you can get in a group for a couple of rounds you're golden.)

I'd have hoped that it'd get an influx of new players with the sales it's had; maybe I'll try again in a few days because this sale is on for a week, so maybe it'll entice some people.

Just be aware that if you want to play with friends you'll need to be friends with them on Uplay, and that goes for having the game on Steam as well. It'll still make you install and use Uplay.

So, there's the caveat: if you're buying it, be sure you care about playing the single-player game. That includes the 10-15 hour campaign, which is fantastic all the way through, and three of the four sets of side missions can be played solo too. One set is co-op only (I have yet to play those, sadly). There is plenty of replay value in all of the above; the scoring system rewards multiple playthroughs in different playstyles (Ghost is silent and non-lethal, Panther is silent and lethal, Assault is loud and lethal), the difficulty levels change things up too (for example: disabling the Execute part of Mark & Execute; severely limiting your ammo; etc).

If anyone here who has it or feels like picking it up is interested, we could try and set up a game night for it. As anyone who's played Splinter Cell multi before will tell you, it's definitely best enjoyed with friends. The traditional Friday would be tough for me as the usual time is in the middle of the night here, and my connection really isn't up to hosting, but I'd love to get in on some Blacklist with you guys.

But still. A brilliant game for literal pocket change.

Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory multi on the original Xbox was some of the most fun gaming I've had online.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    @Jazz I'll play through the co-op campaign of Blacklist any day. Will be my third time going through it. So uh, might not be so stealthy. Bring assault rifles and smoke grenades (to rez my ass mostly).

Also I just sat in queue as America in CoH2 for ten minutes in spite of the matchmaking apparently featuring 70% axis players.

It then puts me in a match against Fortune whose currently ranked 66th on the CoH2 1v1 leaderboards and second place for playing Oberkommando West in 1v1's.

Apparently the game thinks I'm kind of good at it?

I'm really not, also tapped out after five minutes of Kubel harass because I'm a baby.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    @Jazz I'll play through the co-op campaign of Blacklist any day. Will be my third time going through it. So uh, might not be so stealthy. Bring assault rifles and smoke grenades (to rez my ass mostly).

I usually don't use a lot of gadgets (although tri-rotor with sticky shockers is always fun), and go with silenced pistol & silenced sniper rifle. Contrasting styles could make that entertaining. But yeah, I still need to play Isaac's missions even once; no idea what I'd be walking into with them.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Look, what I'm saying is that the true stealth agent brings to a mission is kevlar and enough incendiary grenades to make forest fires look quaint. If no ones around to say you were there then you were perfectly stealthy.

Honestly I can do pretty much any play style you feel like going through it with. Like I said I've being through it a few times doing stuff so while I tend to gravitate towards the louder stuff these days (did a decent chunk of sneaking when it came out) I can rock the overpowered nonsense that is the crossbow instead.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Look, what I'm saying is that the true stealth agent brings to a mission is kevlar and enough incendiary grenades to make forest fires look quaint. If no ones around to say you were there then you were perfectly stealthy.

Honestly I can do pretty much any play style you feel like going through it with. Like I said I've being through it a few times doing stuff so while I tend to gravitate towards the louder stuff these days (did a decent chunk of sneaking when it came out) I can rock the overpowered nonsense that is the crossbow instead.

Yeah, the crossbow is seriously overpowered. I'm all for trying different approaches, though. Nothing wrong with Ghosting and then replaying with a tweaked loadout to go for Assault.

I do bring incendiaries, though, just in case for those damn heavies. Look, if they didn't want to burn horribly and die screaming, they shouldn't have put on all that extra shit. I could've made it much more painless for them.

Extra brownie points for lobbing them over the heavies with shields to burn them from behind, because fuck those guys.

Jazz on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Well I got Tropico 3. Time to wishlist the DLC.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    <3 @ thread title!

• Options

Also I just sat in queue as America in CoH2 for ten minutes in spite of the matchmaking apparently featuring 70% axis players.

It then puts me in a match against Fortune whose currently ranked 66th on the CoH2 1v1 leaderboards and second place for playing Oberkommando West in 1v1's.

Apparently the game thinks I'm kind of good at it?

I'm really not, also tapped out after five minutes of Kubel harass because I'm a baby.

We'll I'm weak so I bought it. If you guys are down for some coop or multi let me know.

Speaking of which, have we decided on a game for this Friday night?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Friend me on Uplay, I'm JazzMX5 there, same as on Steam. That goes for any of you Blacklisters.

EDIT: Oh, FFS, Uplay. Try to access my profile (in order to look at the friends part), it dumps me from the client to a webpage. And then makes me create a fucking 360-like avatar for my profile. Which I can't edit because I must install something called Unity Web Player first.

See, this is why Uplay is fucking a zillion times worse than Origin.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Man, I'll do blacklist SvM if we can organize it. I'll be in on that so damn hard.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Friday Night Gaming Fever!
    WHEN:This Friday, 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific!

When it was brought up that I should suggest this coming Friday's game, I pointed out that perhaps we should have two selections. Plan A for a large turn out and Plan B for a small turn out. That way, no matter who shows up, we can fill a game with all P/A people and avoid the roll of the dice on pubs.
    (Except in Plan A's game since a large turn out calls for a larger game and I figured people would have fun with it.)

So, with that in mind, this Friday, while I'm off at a ren fest unable to enjoy the night with you all...

Plan A: Defiance
    I believe this is a repeat, but it had been mentioned during last Friday's gaming and people seemed to enjoy it, so I'm throwing it out there for a large turn out.

Plan B: Left 4 Dead (1 or 2)
    This hasn't been done and I'd love to be there for it, especially if by small turn out it ends up being 8 players for some 4v4 action.

Plan C: ?
    I'm leaving a Plan C open because I can't be there this week. That way if someone wants to throw out another multiplayer game for the evening's festivities, they can do so.

EDIT: Apparently Plan C may become Blacklist?

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
This discussion has been closed.