As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS YOUR TEAMS PLAYOFF HOPES!

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Well Dallas' continued criminal misuse of Dez cost me this week

I am preparing to circulate a petition as I type this

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I don't think that is parity as much as the 'Boys choking on MNF. Washington sucks. We suck bad. And just beat Dallas? It's figgin hilarious though.

The whole point of parity is that the "worst" team in the league can beat the "best" team. This is absolutely an example of that. It does not matter that the Cowboys beat themselves because without parity the Racists wouldn't have even been in a position to capitalize on Dallas' mistakes.

How often do you see Directional State School beat a top 5 team in college?

:(

Also, Lions #2 seed woooooo

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    O..M..G.. The Boyz Sadboyz'd it up. What a week.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I don't think that is parity as much as the 'Boys choking on MNF. Washington sucks. We suck bad. And just beat Dallas? It's figgin hilarious though.

The whole point of parity is that the "worst" team in the league can beat the "best" team. This is absolutely an example of that. It does not matter that the Cowboys beat themselves because without parity the Racists wouldn't have even been in a position to capitalize on Dallas' mistakes.

I think that the Lions in #1 in the second half of the season will be a sign of the End Times.

I'm scared it might happen.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Lost my fantasy matchup on that last catch by reed, fuck you OT!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Thank god Dez Bryant didn't blow up for twenty points, coasted to another fantasy victory in my swan season.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-nfc-north

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    I heard that Brady was old and should retire.....

He still can't throw deep.

The argument with Brady and the Deep BAWL isn't that he can't physically make the throw.

It's that his arm strength has degraded to the point where he can't make a controlled deep throw anymore. He's just chucking it up with all his arm-strength, because he's worried the ball won't make it, and it ends up being an overthrow by like, 10 yards.

But like Peyton and his super-accurate ducks, he's adjusting to it.

• Options

Seems more accurate for last year. Packers are actually good, Lions are... I wouldn't use the word "good" but less pants on head stupid this year.

• Options
    edited October 2014

Seems more accurate for last year. Packers are actually good, Lions are... I wouldn't use the word "good" but less pants on head stupid this year.

It's from last year, but I'll become convinced that the Lions aren't going to have an end of year meltdown when it actually happens.

Sir Landshark on
  • Options

It's from last year, but I'll become convinced that the Lions aren't going to have an end of year meltdown when it actually happens.

I won't say they're good until they win in Lambeau or a playoff game, so I'm mostly with you. I expect the other shoe to drop after the bye week. Dolphins, at Cards, at Pats.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I don't know how I missed this, but pretty funny.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Not as funny as that dumb ass trick play with Harvin, but humerous.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    So guess what weather effect seems at least somewhat likely this weekend when the Broncos come to Foxboro?
    bos_g_patriots_fans1x_300.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thank god Dez Bryant didn't blow up for twenty points, coasted to another fantasy victory in my swan season.

gonna stop playing fantasy football?

• Options
    Yeah I've only done it a couple seasons and with how shitty the NFL has been in regards to their DV issues and it not mattering at all to the fans I figure I'll just tap out and check scores but not contribute to the monster.

It won't change shit, but I can personally feel a little better.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11776591/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-leaves-game-washington-redskins

Not a huge cowboy fan, but come on Tony jesus man do you want to be paralyzed your whole life? Back is nothing to fuck around with.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I don't really care about it, but it does kind of suck that CBS won't have any more games on Thursday (outside of Thanksgiving). It was kind of nice being able to put something on I didn't have to care about but could share with this thread.

Eh. I'll get over it.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Peyton's forehead begins to glow
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    I would love to see him leading the sleigh team through a foggy night with his gigantic forehead.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

Does... does staffords jersey say Sexy Rexy on the front?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It's a thing.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    arise great champion!
    rumors of my demise have been exaggerated
    work has kept me busy but not too busy from my other profession of winning
    yessss with just over half the regular season in the books the sp00ns are back on track to reclaim the throne
    repent all you foolish enough to have signed up for F&L this season for the end is nigh!

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Who's not dead? ^^That guy right there.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    821 points against me in my work league, 50 more than anyone else. These people sure are making me work hard for third place.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    The fantasy league that I am is just weird. The person who was in first place prior to this past weekend (and is now in third place) has 718.90 points against (standard scoring and standard lineup I'm pretty sure) while the poor guy in last place has 946.60 against. Somehow one team has averaged their opponents scoring nearly 30 points a week more than another team. I mean it doesn't matter that much for the guy in last place, as his team has scored 734.64 on the season, by far the worst in the league (I'm next worst at 787.88). Looking at his draft, he was projected by Yahoo to finish 3rd on the season, so it's not like he drafted poorly. I dunno, I mean I'm not good at this fantasy thing, but even I'm doing better than that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    The fantasy league that I am is just weird. The person who was in first place prior to this past weekend (and is now in third place) has 718.90 points against (standard scoring and standard lineup I'm pretty sure) while the poor guy in last place has 946.60 against. Somehow one team has averaged their opponents scoring nearly 30 points a week more than another team. I mean it doesn't matter that much for the guy in last place, as his team has scored 734.64 on the season, by far the worst in the league (I'm next worst at 787.88). Looking at his draft, he was projected by Yahoo to finish 3rd on the season, so it's not like he drafted poorly. I dunno, I mean I'm not good at this fantasy thing, but even I'm doing better than that.

Not that the projections mean much, but this has been a pretty crazy year for injuries and such. I'm pretty sure I graded out as having the worst draft in both Yahoo leagues and I'm currently no worse than 4th in either.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Jamaal Charles loses 2.6 via stat correction, victory!

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    TE has been such a strange position for me this year.

Pitta went out for the year, Daniels got his knee scoped (though he returned to practice yesterday?), cut Witten thinking Tim White would feature prominently in 2TE sets that BB loves so much, then he gives me no points and I cut him and he's looking good again? I take a chance on Charles Clay because, hey, Tannehil is looking decent now, and he gives me .35 points.

Had my eye on Gavin Escobar, thinking maybe Witten is washed up, but I don't even think he was targeted last game. But he caught 3 TDs in the previous 2 games. Maybe I'll roll the dice and finally get lucky?

I could also trade a running back. I'm pretty stacked with Forte, Ivory, Fred Jackson (should be back in 2-3 weeks) and Denard Robinson.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I have to choose between Flacco against Pit or Fitzpatrick against the Racists. I think I'm going with Fitzy

And then in F&L, because I went full homer (bee-tee-dubs, never go full homer) my entire bench is on a bye this week. I had to dig deep for a TE and went with Coby Fleener. Yeah.

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I have to choose between Flacco against Pit or Fitzpatrick against the Racists. I think I'm going with Fitzy

And then in F&L, because I went full homer (bee-tee-dubs, never go full homer) my entire bench is on a bye this week. I had to dig deep for a TE and went with Coby Fleener. Yeah.

Don't go full homer? Tell that to Slaycity's Gronk and Brady who helped me put up the most points this past week.

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options

Don't go full homer? Tell that to Slaycity's Gronk and Brady who helped me put up the most points this past week.

I'm guessing you don't also have Ridley Vareen Lafell and Edelman

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

Ridley Vareen no, Lafell Edelman yes

Edit: And the Patriots D, though they are currently on the bench because Denver

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    I give it 3/4s homer

• Options

Yeah that's like my mostly bears offense, that is sitting this week (so whats the difference than any other week you ask? SHUT UP!)

Thank god I have tannenhill the ravens rookie who probably won't play and brandon lafell who will catch zero passes this week. FUCK!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

Pitta went out for the year, Daniels got his knee scoped (though he returned to practice yesterday?), cut Witten thinking Tim White would feature prominently in 2TE sets that BB loves so much, then he gives me no points and I cut him and he's looking good again? I take a chance on Charles Clay because, hey, Tannehil is looking decent now, and he gives me .35 points.

Had my eye on Gavin Escobar, thinking maybe Witten is washed up, but I don't even think he was targeted last game. But he caught 3 TDs in the previous 2 games. Maybe I'll roll the dice and finally get lucky?

I could also trade a running back. I'm pretty stacked with Forte, Ivory, Fred Jackson (should be back in 2-3 weeks) and Denard Robinson.

I don't really play FF, but isn't Witten a really consistent producer on the Cowboys?

• Options
    hippofant wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »

I don't really play FF, but isn't Witten a really consistent producer on the Cowboys?

He's been on the decline and blocking a lot in the boys run heavy offense, which, while he's still an overall tight end, gave me very few points the first few weeks, and I didn't see that improving.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Jamaal Charles loses 2.6 via stat correction, victory!

Imagine my annoyance when I lost my matchup 140-141. Now imagine my opponents anger when Jamaal Charles loses 3 points, turning my loss into a 140-138 win.

Number One Tricky
  • Options

Ridley Vareen no, Lafell Edelman yes

Edit: And the Patriots D, though they are currently on the bench because Denver

Yeah but you picked up lafell yesterday, that hardly counts
    I give it 3/4s homer

Indeed

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    One of my coworkers has a league where points go to hundreths of a point, and he's tied twice.

Once is bizarre. Twice is time to buy lotto tickets.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.