As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS YOUR TEAMS PLAYOFF HOPES!

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Mallett is kind of famously an idiot, so.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Agree totally. Either way he should NOT have been playing with a torn pectoral (seriously, how was he even able to function at all?). It's just a question of whether it was his poor decision or the coaches'.

All that said, I'm still sort of impressed how well he did considering what he was playing through.
    eh, depends how torn it was...a minor tear beforehand may not cause much pain and thus go unnoticed and lead to a much worse injury during the game through use

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Parity!

But, I'll take it over the mess that is the NHL playoff seeding. Even going from six division back to four and they still couldn't get it right.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the most interesting part of that is the 9-8 record for the bills

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

This is amazing but it involves Detroit being 12-4 and the top seed in the NFC, which we know to be impossible.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Parity!

But, I'll take it over the mess that is the NHL playoff seeding. Even going from six division back to four and they still couldn't get it right.

I agree that I actually like the individual division winner still going on regardless of record.

I do think there is a case to be made for the wildcard team having homefield advantage if they have the better record, though.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

This is amazing but it involves Detroit being 12-4 and the top seed in the NFC, which we know to be impossible.

I got the link from elsewhere, there's a lot of wiggle room with other teams' records/seedings/etc. Like just go to week 13 and flip the Bears/Lions outcome and Green Bay wins that division and it's an 11-5 team being left out. I think they just had it that far for the hilarity of a 12-4 being left out.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Parity!

I agree that I actually like the individual division winner still going on regardless of record.

I do think there is a case to be made for the wildcard team having homefield advantage if they have the better record, though.

Yeah, but I don't think I'd be enthusiastic about it. Winning the division gets the home game. It's not like the four seed will get another home game unless the six seed wins out, too. At that point, if it matters, might as well cycle the CCG like they do the Super Bowl or NCAA tournament.

There are flaws, but it mostly works.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like how people are casually racist and blow up and accuse you of being a racist when you point that out. Like implying Marshawn Lynch would only know 50 words, totally not racist man I'm making that judgement based on ummm uhh racial shit, but its not racist!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Eric Berry done for the year. Believed to have lymphoma.

:(

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Shit no one deserves cancer. That sucks.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I think I'm now in don't care mode with the Texans.

Unlike the last few seasons where it was outside pressure finally making them decide to try out other QB's, now because of injuries we get to see a team screw itself more by probably winning some games yet be out of playoff contention here on out, screwing up the draft.

I'm tired of the draft.

I'm tired of having to look forward because there's nothing to really reminisce on.

It's not the players punching their wives or kids or hookers at a hotel that's making me sour on the NFL, oh no. It's the Texans.

And isn't that the real indictment?

Till next time, take of yourselves, and each other.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Shit no one deserves cancer. That sucks.

Seriously. Fuck cancer.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Bills D... beautiful bastards!

• Options
    How bad does a team have to be to lose to a team that didn't even practice?

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Jim Schwartz has won 2 games in Detroit this year. It's like he's still the coach of the Lions!!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    @Preacher‌ Your team won me the weekly picks pool. :) Woot!

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    The Bills Biatch?

And dammit Preacher, did the soul of David Tyree possess Wood's with that "Gotta One up Beckham Jr" catch. And the Bills never practiced for the game this week, is that correct?

Don't worry Rex, you'll be the Bears new HC once Coach "Aboot" gets shitcanned.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Houston signing a guy to play QB who's name I had to look up...

And also, some hilarity:

• Options
    Thaddeus Lewis is a former Duke QB that started a few games for the Bills last year. He actually wasn't terrible as far as backup QBs go IMO.

• Options
    Bucs are two games out of a home playoff game and one game out of the #1 pick.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    @Preacher‌ Your team won me the weekly picks pool. :) Woot!

You're welcome! Honestly I'm just shocked they didn't bills it against the jets, but the suck that is the jets just could not be denied.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    "Seriously guys, really starting to get concerned no one's gonna come take this division winner banner. I know no one is super proud of picking a banner like this up off the street but it'll look nice when you put it up and in a few years nobody'll be asking where you got it anymore."

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    It's still technically possible for someone to win the Super Bowl and finish the season with a 10-10 record, if not 9-11.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Lions went from first place in the NFC North to out of the playoffs in a single weekend. They lost yet another offensive lineman (meaning more of their starting lineman are hurt than healthy), 3/4 of their current* secondary is injured, Bush is still out, Fairley isn't coming back anytime soon.

This is shaping up perfectly for yet another epic collapse at the end of the season. I hate this team.

*Not counting the 3 corners they lost at the beginning of the season.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Lions went from first place in the NFC North to out of the playoffs in a single weekend. They lost yet another offensive lineman (meaning more of their starting lineman are hurt than healthy), 3/4 of their current* secondary is injured, Bush is still out, Fairley isn't coming back anytime soon.

This is shaping up perfectly for yet another epic collapse at the end of the season. I hate this team.

Is any action from the league coming re: Raiola?

• Options
    Thank god the bills don't play anymore games in Detroit. I'm sure much like when Schwartz was coaching there, the two wins they got is all they could get.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Nope. Wear the wrong socks and that's going to cost you 20 grand, but petulantly hit a guy's knees in an attempt to injure at the end of the game because you have anger issues? Absolutely fine.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Nope. Wear the wrong socks and that's going to cost you 20 grand, but petulantly hit a guy's knees in an attempt to injure at the end of the game because you have anger issues? Absolutely fine.

The dumbest part is we only scored a TD there because that dude Mosley dove helmet first into the long snappers head on the FG attempt

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Poor Bum.The Whole State of Michigan has just decided to suck for the hell of it this year.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I still maintain the Texans should sign Tebow.

• Options
    You hate them that much?

• Options
    You hate them that much?

Nah its a "Shit sucks it can't possibly be worse."

I mean when you are signing a guy the bills THE FUCKING BILLS discarded, well you're not in a good place.

I'm just fucking shocked Kyle fucking Orton is leading the bills to a positive season so far, how in the fuck?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    You hate them that much?

Nah its a "Shit sucks it can't possibly be worse."

I mean when you are signing a guy the bills THE FUCKING BILLS discarded, well you're not in a good place.

I'm just fucking shocked Kyle fucking Orton is leading the bills to a positive season so far, how in the fuck?

In fairness, Kyle Orton probably can't believe it either.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I still maintain the Texans should sign Tebow.

O'Brien is a QB guru, but even he's not that good.

• Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Poor Bum.The Whole State of Michigan has just decided to suck for the hell of it this year.

Ahem.

mag_beilein_port_576.jpg

Praise Beilein (though we probably lose tonight)

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Ahem.

mag_beilein_port_576.jpg

Praise Beilein (though we probably lose tonight)

The Red Wings are decent this year too! It's not all terrible!