As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Jaraxxus is awesome in Handlock, I'd definitely hang on to that bad boy.

Man I love watching Kolento play. I feel like I'm learning a lot about how to play Priest just from watching him.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    how is shamanigans game vs control warrior and handlock?

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    It completely wrecks control warrior if I recall.

Can be tough vs handlock.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »
    You should signup for the PA League tournament starting in ~1hr30min to 2hr.

Games are super casual, best of 5, last hero standing, no bans. It's a lot of fun, and a break from the standard arena/ladder experience. A chance to play the same format as the pros you might watch!

Even if you're a newb or don't have a lot of cards, everyone is very friendly.

So, how does this work exactly? Sign up, and........then what? I assume someone organizes and people congregate...somewhere?

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Beating handlock as a shaman basically requires you to use your removal where it needs to be used. I.e. earth shocking drakes and hexing two giants. If you have to blow a hex early on something that isn't a giant you will probably lose, unless you can pull off some +3 spellpower spells (lightning bolts, storms etc).

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Kolento's priest went undefeated in the Prismata finals.

Geez...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    Kylindra wrote: »
    Jurg wrote: »
    You should signup for the PA League tournament starting in ~1hr30min to 2hr.

Games are super casual, best of 5, last hero standing, no bans. It's a lot of fun, and a break from the standard arena/ladder experience. A chance to play the same format as the pros you might watch!

Even if you're a newb or don't have a lot of cards, everyone is very friendly.

So, how does this work exactly? Sign up, and........then what? I assume someone organizes and people congregate...somewhere?

Yeah, it's organized by @Tarranon. There's a thread over in D&D where he posts the bracket after sign-ups, and then you log into hearthstone, add your opponent to your friends list if you haven't already, and start playing.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Kolento's priest went undefeated in the Prismata finals.

Geez...

Control priest 2 stronk

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    anyone paying attention to the Prismata game? maybe we have a thread...

looks um. heavy.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    So, what do folks use to track their matches?

I'm using Arena Mastery for my Arena matches, but I'd like something similar for Constructed, especially for Ranked.

I've seen people mention HearthstoneTracker and also Track-o-Bot, but I'm unclear if those are even legal to use. I'd be fine with something where data was input manually, I just want to be able to track my wins/losses and also easily keep track of my outs during play. Any suggestions?

• Options
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    From the PA Sunday League finals.

Me vs Tarranon. Lock vs Lock is a real nailbiter. (Starts at 11:45). The VOD is muted because Tarranon was playing music, but it's still an awesome match.

sig.gif
  • Options
    @Tarranon‌ yeah you need to stop playing copyrighted music on your stream if you don't want to get muted =P

ocremix ftw, yo!
    or just video game OSTs

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    @Tarranon‌ yeah you need to stop playing copyrighted music on your stream if you don't want to get muted =P

ocremix ftw, yo!
    or just video game OSTs

certain OSTs will still get you silenced

even if, you know, it's the developer streaming it

copyright autocheckers are dumb

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    it used to be a little more selective but now it grabs and mutes everything i play

i guess if i wanted to try harder i could stream with music and just have it auto export to youtube where, i believe, the audio checks are more forgiving as long as you acknowledge the music you're playing

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular

ocremix ftw, yo!
    or just video game OSTs

certain OSTs will still get you silenced

even if, you know, it's the developer streaming it

copyright autocheckers are dumb

If I ever stream, I'll just recite slam poems for background noise.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Well my 6 fire elemental shaman deck went 7-3, after running into a mage with better draw than me and me getting a little greedy, a pally with 3 truesilvers, leeroy and 2 consecrates and another pally with mukla, tirion, leeroy and BK.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Well my 6 fire elemental shaman deck went 7-3, after running into a mage with better draw than me and me getting a little greedy, a pally with 3 truesilvers, leeroy and 2 consecrates and another pally with mukla, tirion, leeroy and BK.

I have never drafted any of these decks in all my arena runs. (Okay, the Mage yes, but...)

• Options
    Yea 4 legendaries in a deck is insane. This was my second 6 fire elemental deck. I've played quite a bit of arena though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    i just drafted a rogue deck that seemed perfectly reasonable to me and lost the first game on turn 4 to raging worgen + coin + taskmaster when he had a waraxe out to kill my farseer, and next turn he played Rampage and proceeded to murder me for 24dmg

what

apparently that set the tone for an incredibly fast 0-3 run, but then i pulled a ysera out of my yousuckpack

BRING ON THE 0-3 BABY

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Got what was quite easily my best pack ever. I got 3 commons not worth mentioning. But I also got a 2nd Gorehowl and a...
    Golden Edwin Vancleef
    Yeah, I'm pretty stoked.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Man, Sludge Belcher is just exhausting. I guess it's because unlike the other double minions, both forms have an immediate impact and need to be dealt with.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Yeah, Duplicate + Sludge Belcher is one of the things I fear most about Secrets mage right now.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Is zoo still bs?

I think it is
    >.<'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Beating handlock as a shaman basically requires you to use your removal where it needs to be used. I.e. earth shocking drakes and hexing two giants. If you have to blow a hex early on something that isn't a giant you will probably lose, unless you can pull off some +3 spellpower spells (lightning bolts, storms etc).

that is what I was thinking. Although I feel like they will always have too many giants. I haven't touched reincarnate shaman in a long time bbut the last list I had didn't really have any spellpower (actually 0) and no bolts. Not sure if that is correct but it was just something to tool around with in casual. I have since axed feugen and stalagg also which may or may not be correct.

if the assumption is that handlock makes a resurgence, i was trying to find something to stay ahead. I expect tonight to be frustrating.

I was considering shamanigans (obviously), going back to waaaaay controlling priest (maybe double MC), control hunter (deadly shots, freezing traps, hunters mark, zoo, or something else. Haven't decided yet. I hate switching decks this late but things likely will shift dramatically.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Zoo, Face Hunter and Cancer Rogue are all good things for the game. They're optimised aggro decks, and you can see how much weaker decks like Divine Favour Paladin and Aggro Warrior are now that Sludge Belcher and Unstable Ghoul are on the scene.

A deck landscape that was entirely control with a few midrange decks would push new players out of the scene very quickly, as these archetypes have high dust costs, and are pretty frustrating to play against particularly when certain classes (hi druid) have no decent 1 for 1 or even 2 for 1 ways of killing, e.g. Ragnaros, Ysera, etc.

I'm pretty happy with the Buzzard nerf because Hunter has been, for a while now, both an aggro and a midrange deck, with fantastic tempo, card draw and board clear. It is very hard to get a bad draw for Hunter because almost everything is synergetic. It is still a pity they chose to nerf it so hard that I'd be surprised if anyone ever ran it again though.

e: this said, Soulfire and Hunter's Mark are both very questionable for cards with 0 mana cost.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Oh man, I had forgotten the joy of playing Healadin. You can feel the desperation as people try to get you in range of FoN+SR/Leeroy/Grommash/Mage spells and suddenly they don't have more cards except for the combo and you are at 25 health. And then you drop Tirion. Between that and Shamanigans this slower meta is going to bring me so much laughs.

EDIT: I agree that even though some aggro decks make me throw up in my mouth a little they are completely necessary unless we want the game to be reduced to control warriors hitting each other ineffectually until they run out of cards.

Australopitenico on
  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    Reincarnate shaman is wrecked by handlock less because of the giants but because of the wipes. Hellfire prevents building an early board, shadowflame erases a late board, and belchers prevent face access a the crucial "teens" health time when you need to be setting up the kill.

• Options
    My experience on shamanigans against handlock has been fairly good. Earthshock for drakes, you can beat Belchers and Farseers with standard minions, and save Sylvanas + Reincarnate for the big boys.

If you're really worried about Shadowflame (or Equality combo), you can run a single Ancestral Spirit; sticking that on KT especially can prevent board wipes.

• Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    I thought the Leeroy/Buzzard nerf was scheduled for today, but the cards still aren't modified. Not sure if I'm going to dust Leeroy yet, regardless.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I need to get Warlock, Paladin, Priest and Rogue to the low 50's; accordingly, I might dust my Leeroy for Tirion so I can play Control/Healadin instead of weenie swarm Paladin which I completely loathe.

• Options
    Reincarnate shaman is wrecked by handlock less because of the giants but because of the wipes. Hellfire prevents building an early board, shadowflame erases a late board, and belchers prevent face access a the crucial "teens" health time when you need to be setting up the kill.

when you say it like this it sounds like nothing can beat handlock

no early board no late board no damage

hard to kill haha

(I do get what you mean it just read funny to me. and, well, handlock IS good)

• Options
    Fryhole wrote: »
    I thought the Leeroy/Buzzard nerf was scheduled for today, but the cards still aren't modified. Not sure if I'm going to dust Leeroy yet, regardless.

it'll probably be going into tomorrow when the server goes down for maintenance.

• Options
    I dislike playing against handlock because of 'giant math' and their seemingly endless answers to anything I try and do. That said, if you can't beat em...

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Handlock is actually really fun to play. Skill curve's a little high, though.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Wooh, just got my 1000th win! And I completed two dailies with that win, so that was a flood of gold.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Handlock is actually really fun to play. Skill curve's a little high, though.

I'm guessing it's going to shift back into the meta (even more, it was already around, and I played against it twice already today @ rank 4).
    Not sure the 'dragon' Kibbler deck works well enough against it (maybe just add in another SW:D) but I wasted 1600 dust on Tirion the other week for some reason, maybe I'll look at control paladin. So many board wipes...mmmmm

• Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Handlock is great because it runs infinity % more Lord Jaraxxus than any other deck.

Australopitenico on
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I keep Jaraxxus in every Warlock deck. I don't even care.

• Options
    I don't have Jax.... but I still have a "cheap" handlock...

it'd be nice if I had the Jax

l4lGvOw.png

wra
This discussion has been closed.