As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    But enough shit-talking. What's the deal with golden heroes? So I spend months grinding paladin
    to get a golden Paladin and by the time I get it I'm going to be sick of playing Paladin. Bah.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Isn't gold hero a bit excessive on Pali or Priest?

Bitches already be all 'high n mighty' enough.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    But enough shit-talking. What's the deal with golden heroes? So I spend months grinding paladin
    to get a golden Paladin and by the time I get it I'm going to be sick of playing Paladin. Bah.

I don't recommend grinding for golden heroes. Or really for anything in the game, but especially cosmetics. Play the game because you like it and are having fun, and golden heroes will eventually happen. Forcing yourself to play in a way you don't like or an amount you don't like is just going to burn you out and then you won't get to appreciate whatever reward you get at the end.

• Options
    @Inq‌

You ever play Diablo?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Isn't gold hero a bit excessive on Pali or Priest?

Bitches already be all 'high n mighty' enough.

Have you seen golden paladins, though? The swag is overwhelming.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

You ever play Diablo?

I can't help but read this as "do you even Diablo bro?" Not in a bad way, but in a way that makes me laugh.

Man I am getting tired of playing against gold portraits though. Either bots or babies. Last one decided to keep moving enough after it was clear he lost that the shorter timer never triggered, but he didn't play a card. Just held his breath and pouted for three turns.

• Options
    @Inq‌

You ever play Diablo?

Yes, lots. Its a bit of a different beast. To an extent the same thing applies -- try not to force yourself to play more then you want to. However the randomized rewards in Diablo mean that you may never get whatever reward you want. It's not like you earn 1/500th of whatever uber legendary you want for every rift you clear. Also, that uber legendary is not purely cosmetic, so not having it does kind of block you from playing the game the way you want to play.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I find it hilarious that Forsen has just totally embraced the jokes about him looking almost exactly like Aaron Paul, to the point where his donation/subscriber notifications are Breaking Bad quotes.

So there's some(read: a lot of) suspicion of the groups being rigged to either filter the top tournament players out of the WCA tournament early, artificially give their local players more of a chance, or both. Apparently TidesofTime, StrifeCro, RDU and Amaz were all dumped into one group(note that there are no Chinese-native participants in this group), while the rest of the foreign participants were divided among the other groups with the Chinese participants. This'll go over well.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »
    ??? Did I miss something?
    Lord of the Arena 2, Reckful and Kripp commentating. Reckful bringing up Hafu "nudes", female players winning only because their opponents are throwing the games to get "grill points", Nadia dating whoever beats her; Kripp following his lead a bit as well.

Generally not very respectful commentary.

the comment that got me to turn it off was kripp basically saying Reynad would easily get past the ladies and go on to the "real" opponents

which is funny cause Hafu beat him

Eh, most of the objectionable comments are really just in-jokes between the casters and players that shouldn't have been said in public, on stream especially without context. I don't believe either of them have malicious intent, though it totally could have been/is interpreted as such.

the nudes comment is Reckful reading off twitch chat, which is basically a meme unfortunately
    the grills comment is ribbing from Reckful towards Nadia
    the girl points comments points towards a particular Tides of Time/Nadia/Trump event
    the Reynad comment basically ribs on Reynad typically being salty and considering opponents that beat him having no skill
    etc

Moreover, arena competition is not considered serious competition because of the pure RNG involved, thus the lax attitude

I don't care if implying nadia and hafu aren't "real deal" players is some elaborate in joke, it's a dumb thing to say and in general I found their commentary pretty stupid and disrespectful. so I think it's still okay to call them out on it and encourage that type of behavior to be minimized in the future.

I don't particularly buy the excuse "sexism is a meme /shrug" either. I mean, I'm not trying to police twitch chat which is full of idiots, streams can decide how to do that on their own. Casters have the ability to refrain from perpetuating that stuff, though.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    So there's some(read: a lot of) suspicion of the groups being rigged to either filter the top tournament players out of the WCA tournament early, artificially give their local players more of a chance, or both. Apparently TidesofTime, StrifeCro, RDU and Amaz were all dumped into one group(note that there are no Chinese-native participants in this group), while the rest of the foreign participants were divided among the other groups with the Chinese participants. This'll go over well.

I think I saw the groups on Amaz's stream a day or two ago briefly. It was kind of strange, seeing all the Asian names in every group except that one group that had all the names I recognized...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I call shamanigans

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Woo, my pack has an Epic and a Legendary!

Kidnapper and The Beast. Ok then.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »
    ??? Did I miss something?
    Lord of the Arena 2, Reckful and Kripp commentating. Reckful bringing up Hafu "nudes", female players winning only because their opponents are throwing the games to get "grill points", Nadia dating whoever beats her; Kripp following his lead a bit as well.

Generally not very respectful commentary.

the comment that got me to turn it off was kripp basically saying Reynad would easily get past the ladies and go on to the "real" opponents

which is funny cause Hafu beat him

Eh, most of the objectionable comments are really just in-jokes between the casters and players that shouldn't have been said in public, on stream especially without context. I don't believe either of them have malicious intent, though it totally could have been/is interpreted as such.

the nudes comment is Reckful reading off twitch chat, which is basically a meme unfortunately
    the grills comment is ribbing from Reckful towards Nadia
    the girl points comments points towards a particular Tides of Time/Nadia/Trump event
    the Reynad comment basically ribs on Reynad typically being salty and considering opponents that beat him having no skill
    etc

Moreover, arena competition is not considered serious competition because of the pure RNG involved, thus the lax attitude

I don't care if implying nadia and hafu aren't "real deal" players is some elaborate in joke, it's a dumb thing to say and in general I found their commentary pretty stupid and disrespectful. so I think it's still okay to call them out on it and encourage that type of behavior to be minimized in the future.

I don't particularly buy the excuse "sexism is a meme /shrug" either. I mean, I'm not trying to police twitch chat which is full of idiots, streams can decide how to do that on their own. Casters have the ability to refrain from perpetuating that stuff, though.

I agree with you. I'm just providing the context, not an excuse for their behavior.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    on the plus side that group should be awesome to watch

I wonder if it's them trying to push their own players, trying to guarantee a non-chinese in further rounds (this may sound weird but things like that usually bump their viewers a notable amount), or just chance

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Kolento just wrecking RDU, woo!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    lol I saw the WCA tournament brackets earlier today, that is so obviously fixed

it's not even a shame imo - the only bad part (other than that being blatant fixing) is that the lone group bracket those players are in will be better than the rest of the tournament

on a side note, TidesOfTime is just masterfully good at this game. he just came back from winning 32k in the SEA region, immediately went 5-0 in his Blizzcon qualifiers, and was crushing ladder today at like 7am while sick in some sort of a daze

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    zhen_rogue wrote: »
    The meta in the lowly 10-20 ranked regions has shifted to control warrior, control warrior, and every once in a while - a golden control warrior.
    I decided to try a few anti-warrior decks, but still lose to the stream of legendaries they vomit up every damn game.
    Any advice on tried and true anti-warrior decks would be welcome.

Zoo.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    @zhen_rogue‌

Well, I repeat myself, but Priest has the card advantage mechanisms to keep up with Control Warrior. There's the Kibler builds, or the Amaz decks (Gonna link this video because is amazing and hilarious):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBVnVqg5ypI

On the commentators on Lord of the Arena 2, seems like the old issue of having some players commenting on other players: They cannot resist talking down the other players just to feed their egos. WOTC had the same problem up to 2004, then they had to put the reigns in, because, above all, that's unprofessional.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    That video is actually depressing as hell because I won't have cards as good as he does for a long ass time and I won't have draws as lucky like, ever.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    It's Amaz, no one has his luck

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Before the nerf hits, I'd like to say that I have ALWAYS maintained that Paladin is the most annoying to play against. And it's gonna be everywhere.

sig.gif
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    MummBrah wrote: »
    lol I saw the WCA tournament brackets earlier today, that is so obviously fixed

it's not even a shame imo - the only bad part (other than that being blatant fixing) is that the lone group bracket those players are in will be better than the rest of the tournament

on a side note, TidesOfTime is just masterfully good at this game. he just came back from winning 32k in the SEA region, immediately went 5-0 in his Blizzcon qualifiers, and was crushing ladder today at like 7am while sick in some sort of a daze

yeah he quickly became, to me, the most consistent player to watch for in tourneys. which is awesome because it's been hard to pick favorites for me.

kolento as well.

edit - amaz' face when he draws the pyro turn 4 is great

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Jurg wrote: »
    Before the nerf hits, I'd like to say that I have ALWAYS maintained that Paladin is the most annoying to play against. And it's gonna be everywhere.

I don't know, I think that Paladin is a better class to play then Mage right now, but its still less popular. My current theory is that its simply more annoying to play AS Paladin then a lot of other classes. Most of the Paladin setups I've tried out recently have been very good, but without the blowout potential of zoo or other aggro, and usually designed to go into late game, but without big finishers like Control Warrior.

• Options
    So did anyone catch the Hearthstone Jeoparino hosted by Amaz? It's actually a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAqgm9W6EGw

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Inq wrote: »

I don't know, I think that Paladin is a better class to play then Mage right now, but its still less popular. My current theory is that its simply more annoying to play AS Paladin then a lot of other classes. Most of the Paladin setups I've tried out recently have been very good, but without the blowout potential of zoo or other aggro, and usually designed to go into late game, but without big finishers like Control Warrior.

FOLLOW DE RULEZ

FOLLOW DE RULEZ

PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE LIGHT

sig.gif
  • Options
    I just used a flare on a hunter's two secrets.

Game was far from over but...

He conceded immediately out of rage.

I was priest.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options

I was priest.

I've felt this feeling before, it's pretty great

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Inq wrote: »

FOLLOW DE RULEZ

FOLLOW DE RULEZ

PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE LIGHT

The last pally deck I was playing was a tempo/undertaker deck. I discovered something better then making a minion follow the rules. Making a minion follow the rules with a Sword of Justice in play.

Oh, and I have the extra-sparkly golden Tirion to maximize the impact.

Inq on
  • Options
    Sword of Justice is such a fun card. Honestly not sure why I don't see it played more often. Such value, many buffs, etc.

• Options
    Holy crap I just made the BIGGEST comeback ever.

Opponent was running MAD Shamannigans.
    He had KT on board with feugen and cairne's brother

a few turns later he had TWO Thadius' on board, that riven baron guy, a harvest golem, two undertakers and a spell totem
    I was at 3 HP. THREE!!!

He left my aucheani on board so his first thadius could do 11 to face.

I top-deck circle of healing
    SW:P on the golem, circle of death to all (including my priest) with his last thadius still standing

I then I drop a Sylvanas and reincarnate her to steal his 11-3 thadius.
    I got both from an earlier thought steal

A few turns later he could never manage to do the last 3 damage and I kept healing
    so so close >.<'

I could've dropped my 2nd Sylvanas in the last turn to twist that knife a little more
    ;)

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    turns out leeroy + antonidas can beat ragnaros + ysera.

that was a fun match.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    He had KT on board with feugen and cairne's brother

Baine is Cairne's son, not his brother. Learn your lore, scrub.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

I was priest.

I've felt this feeling before, it's pretty great

I just felt it. Against a hunter too.

All I did was put an ogre and a northshire cleric on the board and he ragequit after that.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I just got the most ridiculous ever blown out in Arena. I play Truesilver Champion. Opponent plays Acidic Swamp Ooze. I play Aldor Peacekeeper. Opponent plays Venture Co Mercenary. I play Nerubian Egg & Avenge. Opponent plays Mass Dispel. I play Blessing of Kings. Opponent plays Shadow Word: Death. Oh, and also, Mindgames ups my Guardian of Kings.

I swear to God if I was a streamer, I'd think I was getting ghosted.

• Options
    edited September 2014

More than screts freeze mage?

Australopitenico on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Soooooo.......if I were finally going to use my free Arena pass after all this time, would I pick Warlock, Shaman or Druid? I'm pretty sure you're all going to say Druid. I figure I can get away with going in blind and just use Trump's Arena Tier lists for "THE VALUE!". I forgot I never used it, mostly from never having a desire to play Arena.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Those are all pretty decent Arena classes now, I feel. Perhaps Druid -> Shaman -> Warlock?

I have set myself a goal, now; Priest to 52, Paladin, Rogue and Warlock to 54. And collect 8k dust (technically only 4k is necessary). Gonna get me a golden Murk-Eye! I want my first all gold deck to be a Murlock deck.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Soooooo.......if I were finally going to use my free Arena pass after all this time, would I pick Warlock, Shaman or Druid? I'm pretty sure you're all going to say Druid. I figure I can get away with going in blind and just use Trump's Arena Tier lists for "THE VALUE!". I forgot I never used it, mostly from never having a desire to play Arena.

That sounds like what I'd do. Hell, I'd tap into the limitless potential of the PA forums and do your draft via a stream or chat to get help with the pics. I'm sure a bunch of people would love to help out...because we're all cool like that.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »

That sounds like what I'd do. Hell, I'd tap into the limitless potential of the PA forums and do your draft via a stream or chat to get help with the pics. I'm sure a bunch of people would love to help out...because we're all cool like that.

I didn't want to go too far in bugging you guys. I don't have the setup to stream worth a damn for the picks. I figured between ArenaValue.com and Trump's rankings that he has listed at LiquidHearth I'd maybe get 3 or 4 Wins and for a free arena run it would be good enough.....assuming every round it doesn't offer angry chicken to me. =)

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.