As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Brothers! DLC CHARACTERS CONFIRMED! MEWTWO SPRING 2015!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I mean the really high level ones who poop on couches and stuff. Not anybody here! Playing competitively can be fun in this game

• Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    also try not to dash attack

although little Mac has a pretty decent dash attack

A lot of dash attacks are fine to use. Particularly the ones that have multiple hits, and/or move past shielding opponents ("cross up"), and/or have quick cool downs.

The more important thing is not to telegraph, which a lot of newbies do with dash attacks. If your opponent is on one side of the stage and you're on the other, simply running up to him and dash attacking is generally going to be a really bad idea

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Knob wrote: »
    I don't know who I'm going to stick with yet, going to finish unlocking the cast tonight and then fuck around until someone clicks

And I know he's played to death right now, but so far I'm liking Mac a bunch. Yknow, boxer, and all that
    that's the opposite of picking a top tier!

Oh man, as new/bad player that means I finally get to be on the other side of this conversation

I dont believe in tier lists because if they were right then they wouldnt change all the time, like one week it says one guy is the best and then next week that guy apparently sucks and somebody else is the best. all tier lists are is a representation of the people who play too muchs favorite characters, the people that write these things dont know what theyre talking about. little mac is actually really good because he can do his special punch charged up so you dont know when hes actually going to punch and that makes it hard to block so if tier list writers say hes bad then they just dont know. also I read a kotaku article that says tiers are bullshit, and I refuse to believe that a big website like kotaku would let bad information go out.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

A lot of dash attacks are fine to use. Particularly the ones that have multiple hits, and/or move past shielding opponents ("cross up"), and/or have quick cool downs.

The more important thing is not to telegraph, which a lot of newbies do with dash attacks. If your opponent is on one side of the stage and you're on the other, simply running up to him and dash attacking is generally going to be a really bad idea

Instead you should run up to him and make him think you're gonna dash attack, but then you run past him and attack to where he rolled. Is exactly what you want him to think you're going to do, so instead you jump and counter to catch him off guard. Is how you'd like him to second guess himself, so you just do a regular dash attack anyway

That's mindgames

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    The only characters that seem a lot worse than last game are Luigi, Falco, and Metaknight. Speaking of tiers is there a list out yet? If so does Pac man have his rightful slot right at the fuckin top?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

yeah ones that cross up when timed well can be good

the multihit ones tend to be punishable because you get all that extra time to prepare fort the instant block

I mean like, a dash attack is something to be used sparingly, more like a read than a footsies thing to throw out all the time

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I don't know who I'm going to stick with yet, going to finish unlocking the cast tonight and then fuck around until someone clicks

And I know he's played to death right now, but so far I'm liking Mac a bunch. Yknow, boxer, and all that
    that's the opposite of picking a top tier!

Oh man, as new/bad player that means I finally get to be on the other side of this conversation

I dont believe in tier lists because if they were right then they wouldnt change all the time, like one week it says one guy is the best and then next week that guy apparently sucks and somebody else is the best. all tier lists are is a representation of the people who play too muchs favorite characters, the people that write these things dont know what theyre talking about. little mac is actually really good because he can do his special punch charged up so you dont know when hes actually going to punch and that makes it hard to block so if tier list writers say hes bad then they just dont know. also I read a kotaku article that says tiers are bullshit, and I refuse to believe that a big website like kotaku would let bad information go out.
    alt: go on eventhubs and make your own tier list, then always be picking top tier

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Do the fiddly high level techs like l-cancelling and wavedashing and such still apply in smash 4

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Nope!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Has there been any announcement of a Wii-U/Smash Brothers bundle? Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on one now, or wait until the bundle comes out.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-OcwNFQB0U

holy shit this is apparently the guy who plays the announcer

he looks like he's 12

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I mean the really high level ones who poop on couches and stuff. Not anybody here! Playing competitively can be fun in this game

Dude not cool

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Even if you did buy into tier lists, this game won't have a solid one for at least a year or so.

Project M still doesn't have a solid one despite 3.0 being out for about a year now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Has there been any announcement of a Wii-U/Smash Brothers bundle? Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on one now, or wait until the bundle comes out.
    No but there is a bundle version of the game with a GameCube controller and adapter. The Mario kart bundle is a good deal if you can find it

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Mii Brawler is pretty fun too (you have to go into the customisation menu and create one before they'll show up on the select screen) but you can't use them in For Glory or For Fun against randoms so they are limited. I also recommend Pac-Man because he has a great deal of interesting tools to work with.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Even if you did buy into tier lists, this game won't have a solid one for at least a year or so.

Project M still doesn't have a solid one despite 3.0 being out for about a year now.
    project m actually has complex mechanics tho~

i seem to remember someone posting the early vs current tier lists for melee and brawl under the idea of "look how wrong we were" but they were like 90% unchanged, with some characters having advanced after someone figured out how to break them

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Yeah I was messing with wii brawler and it just feels like, I dunno, play mac instead

• Options
    Okay seriously somebody play me. I might die if I don't play a match within five minutes

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah I was messing with wii brawler and it just feels like, I dunno, play mac instead
    This is interesting because most people have said Brawler is basically Mac without the giant achilles heel.

I haven't really played the Miis at all.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The important part of the Miis is playing as actual characters

Hank Hill is a brawler because he has to be literally kicking asses

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Okay seriously somebody play me. I might die if I don't play a match within five minutes

i'll fight ya

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Mii brawlers can jump, it generally makes up for what they lose in the ground game.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

i'll fight ya

Fair warning, I'm bad. Bad as hell.

I have a room open. Items off at first at least

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Wow lots of dumb opinions about the fludd in here

Getting a sick fludd kill is easily the most satisfying thing in the whole fucking game

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the mii characters are all really good

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Shulk game on point

• Options
    first time i've ever seen anyone use him

can't imagine why

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    I love.......flat zone

• Options
    This is interesting because most people have said Brawler is basically Mac without the giant achilles heel.

I haven't really played the Miis at all.

Its entirely the wow factor of hitting someone with a KO uppercut

I realize its probably never ever ever going to happen against someone decent, but first time I did one, it was like, 'this is my joint. no bananas or squirt guns or pokeyman, just punch a motherfucker's face down his own neck'

brawler hasn't given me that special feeling

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Yes, Mario player on For Glory

It is easy to gimp Ganondorf when he's recovering; you have like three moves devoted specifically to this purpose, and enough aerial mobility to use all of them

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Those were fun, even though I'm largely terrible at the game. I'm always okay with getting slapped around a little haha.

• Options
    you did get me tho a couple times!

was that some extended invuln equipment on robin or am i just nuts

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Yeah. Not sure how long it goes for though. I'd really like to get better with him but I just don't like his projectiles as much as my boy rob

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Mii brawler is definitely the best of the three, gunner plays quite a bit like samus which is cool I guess. Swordfighter blows

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    a lot of people seem to have trouble with trying to get robin to be good, though there's no lack of enthusiasm for it

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I hit Blank with ganondorfs uptilt

Twice

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I hit Blank with ganondorfs uptilt

Twice

@Blankzilla‌

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npHDxSvwCE0

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    robin seems sketchy

but the command grab is too hype so I'll still play them

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The one character I absolutely cannot fight in any capacity as Ganondorf: ROB

Also kind of Mega Man

I fought a guy who was in every way my better, but I managed to outpace him with Ganondorf at a few key moments to win most of my matches with him - that's the idea of Ganondorf, I guess; three mistakes by the enemy can put them in a kill range

Then he brought out ROB and mother of Jesus

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.