As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    So I'm going to NYC in November, and one thing I definitely wanna do is go to the Nintendo Store

And it just dawned on me today that I really hope I get a Nintendo fan for my Santee

Are there people who aren't??

I'm not against Nintendo, but I don't have a Wii. It would cut into my steam time. :P . I do have a DS, but very little games, although I have been playing Final fantasy tactics A2. It isn't bad, but it isn't FF to me. It is the DS lite, don't really care about getting an upgrade for the little use it gets. You know what, I talked myself into being a fan, just haven't spent money on it, cause, well steam.. :rotate:

Yeah, I'm more of a PC gamer too. Growing up though SNES and PC were what got me into gaming. I also love steam and have way too many steam games, but classic physical PC games, especially with the big boxes, are what I'm most into.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard of indie box? I recently signed up for it. You basically pay 17 or so bucks a month and you get a mystery indie pc game in the mail in a box with all the goodies we used to get in our PC game boxes. Manuals, stickers, maps, etc. It seems like a pretty cool service. They announced this month's game is going to be a re-release of brutal legend, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I went to my parents house recently. I found up on one of the old shelves, kings quest disks in box... I should rescue that and take pictures. I know I mentioned somewhere, but also I think it was Carmen Sandiago. And think quick?

Yeah, I love that stuff. I love steam, but I really miss going to staples or walmart and seeing the old PC game boxes. Anymore all you ever find are the sims and blizzard games.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So I'm going to NYC in November, and one thing I definitely wanna do is go to the Nintendo Store

And it just dawned on me today that I really hope I get a Nintendo fan for my Santee

Are there people who aren't??

I'm not against Nintendo, but I don't have a Wii. It would cut into my steam time. :P . I do have a DS, but very little games, although I have been playing Final fantasy tactics A2. It isn't bad, but it isn't FF to me. It is the DS lite, don't really care about getting an upgrade for the little use it gets. You know what, I talked myself into being a fan, just haven't spent money on it, cause, well steam.. :rotate:

Yeah, I'm more of a PC gamer too. Growing up though SNES and PC were what got me into gaming. I also love steam and have way too many steam games, but classic physical PC games, especially with the big boxes, are what I'm most into.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard of indie box? I recently signed up for it. You basically pay 17 or so bucks a month and you get a mystery indie pc game in the mail in a box with all the goodies we used to get in our PC game boxes. Manuals, stickers, maps, etc. It seems like a pretty cool service. They announced this month's game is going to be a re-release of brutal legend, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I went to my parents house recently. I found up on one of the old shelves, kings quest disks in box... I should rescue that and take pictures. I know I mentioned somewhere, but also I think it was Carmen Sandiago. And think quick?

Yeah, I love that stuff. I love steam, but I really miss going to staples or walmart and seeing the old PC game boxes. Anymore all you ever find are the sims and blizzard games.
    And even then, when you do see a box, 9 times out of 10 the only thing in that box is a code to download the game through steam or some other similar service, oh, and maybe a trial code for some MMO.

Every now and then, I get real nostalgic over the old days of opening a box and finding a half dozen floppies, an instruction manual (not just a sheet of paper with a list of controls, an actual manual), a short novel and a half dozen random doodads that you need to keep around if you want to beat the game, because that was copy protection back in the day. No random 25 character alphanumeric code to enter, no sly bugs entered by the developers if you pirate the game, you have to count the legs of the damned rubber centipede if you want to get past this puzzle. Lost the centipede? Screw you, you lose. GameFAQs isn't coming to save your ass for another 5 years.

Edit: And the maps. Can't believe I forgot about world maps.

see317 on
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    After looking at my amazon wishlist, I realized I needed to create another one because the original is a mix of items for me and what I planned on getting family members and potential santee. Now I have a list just for me. It's actually a pretty good way to clear out things I no longer have a desire for.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I have Lumia 925, I love my windows phone. I will now go stand over in the corner with the other 3 people who say this.. . . Can I pleaze haz 8.1 update now?

Late to chime in on this one, but I still have a launch LG Optimus 7. WP7 for life. :P But seriously, I love this phone so much I don't want to upgrade.

Can it be the end of October yet? I want to start stalking and shopping. *withdrawal twitches*

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    talked to my dad, sounds like I can get all the old video games (with boxes and manuals). Now, what would I do with those things? . . . The options.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I have Lumia 925, I love my windows phone. I will now go stand over in the corner with the other 3 people who say this.. . . Can I pleaze haz 8.1 update now?

Late to chime in on this one, but I still have a launch LG Optimus 7. WP7 for life. :P But seriously, I love this phone so much I don't want to upgrade.

Can it be the end of October yet? I want to start stalking and shopping. *withdrawal twitches*

I loved my windows phone. It was WP7 (Trophy) I forced 7.5 onto, and still had some features I can't seem to duplicate on my Android phone. I might switch back if Microsoft figures out what they plan to do with Windows phones eventually. They still seem a bit unsure so I switched.
    After not getting 7.5, and with rumors of 8.1 or 9 I didn't want to chance getting another model that would see no updates.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I loved my windows phone. It was WP7 (Trophy) I forced 7.5 onto, and still had some features I can't seem to duplicate on my Android phone. I might switch back if Microsoft figures out what they plan to do with Windows phones eventually. They still seem a bit unsure so I switched.
    After not getting 7.5, and with rumors of 8.1 or 9 I didn't want to chance getting another model that would see no updates.

Yeah, I have 8.1 by developer preview. T-Mobile hasn't pushed it out, when att&t and others has. I think this might be something both android and windows do. My old android just wasn't getting updated. I think they want you to buy new phone.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I still have yet to see a Windows Phone in person that wasn't behind a display case

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    I picked up a Lumia 820 to test carrier service in my area for ATT and T-Mobile. Other than the SIM contacts ripping out of the device when I removed the SIM card, it was pretty fun. Now it's a shiney brick because you can't do much of anything without a SIM in WP8. I can't even use it for Audible over Wi-Fi for crying out loud...

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    I still have yet to see a Windows Phone in person that wasn't behind a display case

Impressively, at my workplace of just 20 people, 4 of us have Windows phones. Even we're still surprised. :p

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Not having a santee yet didn't stop me today. My family and I went to a five below and I got something for myself and my santee. I'm slowly stockpiling some goodies to send in a big box full of goodies.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular

Not having a santee yet didn't stop me today. My family and I went to a five below and I got something for myself and my santee. I'm slowly stockpiling some goodies to send in a big box full of goodies.

Five Below is a great place for "stocking stuffers". Or just pocky and such for me. I can never get out of there without spending too much on a bunch of small things that I really don't need but can't be without. So much childhood candy.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I have a large floor vase I put (artificial) flowers in. I change them out when the seasons turn. I got a little lazy and just put in my fall flowers today. I took my feather butterflies of the wall and everything. I'll probably go to the dollar store tomorrow and get something fall-like to put on the wall.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm gonna attack early this year. With the stipulation that the gift/gifts not be opened til Christmas day.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I'm gonna attack early this year. With the stipulation that the gift/gifts not be opened til Christmas day.

That would be so difficult for me to wait while those presents taunted me under the tree.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    That would be excruciating as a giver. As soon as I send presents I spend the next week or however long worried that USPS ate the gifts. All I want after sending is to see pictures go up.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

Wait, only 12 pages back you weren't taking part, how many pages did it take for you to cave? :)

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    cornell wrote: »

That would be so difficult for me to wait while those presents taunted me under the tree.

I'm the reverse. I like waiting to open them on Christmas, but I've always abided to the SS rule of "OPEN IT ASAR AND POST PICTURES NOW NOW NOW!" I think it works out well that way though. :)

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

Wait, only 12 pages back you weren't taking part, how many pages did it take for you to cave? :)

Like 10 posts later. :/

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

Impressively, at my workplace of just 20 people, 4 of us have Windows phones. Even we're still surprised. :p

I have, and still use, a Zune HD.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    xenard wrote: »
    After looking at my amazon wishlist, I realized I needed to create another one because the original is a mix of items for me and what I planned on getting family members and potential santee. Now I have a list just for me. It's actually a pretty good way to clear out things I no longer have a desire for.

I actually had separate lists for different categories then got tired of that so I have 4 different organized lists then a misc.
    noir_blood wrote: »

I rock a 2nd gen classic zune still. The interface is hilariously still better than years of iPod updates.

• Options
    Just recently my Zune Pass got deactivated due to me getting a new card and not updating the account. It took me way too long to find a phone operator that knew what a 'zune subscription' was, not to mention how to reactivate it.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    The Zune was(is) so awesome you guys. I loved my brick, but it was lost on a trip, and I am rocking my HD now. I bought a new car and it has native support for the zune. 7 years after it came out. bitchin'

I feel like I am in that electric car cult.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    actually i only use mine in my car these days because only one part of the headphone jack works most of the time unless i use some arcane combination of pressing on the jack while twisting and holding the cable at a certain angle. but no one else makes/made a 120gb device that wasn't completely awful in comparison.

• Options

The sadness I hold, knowing that some day mine will die and will not easily be replaced, is a sadness that knows no bounds.

*bro-pound*

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I always read this entire thread during december and it usually puts me in a nice Christmas mood, maybe I should join this year.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Radiation wrote: »
    Reading through old thread to find people who weren't able to be in last years:
    UEAKCrash‌
    mxmarks‌
    Mr_Grinch‌
    Sweeney Tom
    cmsamo
    WillyDub‌

So far I've gotten to page 40, and think I may be done as I'm not sure anyone else posted after that.
    I still will part time go through it and make another post just in case.

Last year I wasn't able to because I was in-between moving into my dorm and didn't know how my financial situation would be. This year the latter part is still true for a different reason, but the deadline's Oct. 31. At least a little bit before then I should have a better idea of where I'm at, and in all likelihood/if all goes well I should be able to sign up and come back this year! :D

Almost a full month later, I'm happily able to update that I will be participating this year. I missed this great tradition so much

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    So everyone is sending their parcels like this, right?

TefD1FP.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

TefD1FP.jpg

As much fun as I would get out of this box, unless my person posts they would also laugh, I won't send this due to possible bad taste.

I would totally laugh...

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Well, I thought I was not gonna be in this year, but the more I thought about it... I can't NOT be in.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm sending santee many dildos boxes!

a dildocalypse if you will

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    That reminds me of some female actress who was given a box of dildos as a joke, and stuck them under her hotel bed. She came back after whatever show/thing she was in town for and found that the housekeeper had found them and put them on display all around the room.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Jennifer Lawrence. A national treasure.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

TefD1FP.jpg
    I tried to do that one year, but the mail lady just put a bunch of tape over the funny words on the box.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm sure the Zune was legit, but I still only think of it as a punchline, especially since I loved Frisky Dingo and they had that slightly running gag about Killface's Zune. Then there was that ep with the Campaign T-Shirts in Season 2. Killface mumbles that the defective shirts are still okay, with a pocket in the front that "you can put your Zune in there or something"

Man, I miss Frisky Dingo. Archer just isn't as good.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I never thought I would come across so many Zune users. Clearly this is what the holidays are all about.

Now who wants to talk about the Neo Geo Pocket?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    When people say Zune all I can think about is Chuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqTYI55K1eo

Though I'm not a fan of iStuff either.

I'm just a hater.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    When people say Zune all I can think about is Chuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqTYI55K1eo

Though I'm not a fan of iStuff either.

I'm just a hater.

We just watched that exact episode last night! Great show that everyone should watch.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I never thought I would come across so many Zune users. Clearly this is what the holidays are all about.

Now who wants to talk about the Neo Geo Pocket?
    I.. love my Neo Geo Pocket Color. Bought it twice, first one was stolen from my backpack back in high school. You know come to think of it, I've had a lot of shit stolen from me over the years... >:(

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/